skatee
04-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Stefan will be joining the AHL ranks this week
talked to him after the game.. said he flies out tuesday
He will be joining the Syracuse Crunch
congrats to legein

AlphaDog
04-13-2008, 06:44 PM
All the best in the pros Stef! 'Sad to see yah go but great to hear you'll be playing in the 'A !

ItsGameTime
04-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Hmm interesting, I was talking to some people on a Columbus board and they didnt think he was going to be playing.

billedog
04-13-2008, 06:55 PM
He is going tomorrow...to Manitoba

RioBravo
04-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Kinda depressing seeing all these guys move on:( Bah im selfish. Good luck Stef!

billedog
04-13-2008, 07:02 PM
You have no idea Rio...

leafs1717
04-13-2008, 07:11 PM
haha..yeah its sad to see him go but we will be proud to say.. hey he was an icedog once... im inerested in what foremen is going to do next year... have any of you guys heard anything?? ..but next year we have some good young guys to carry us i think.

ADOGFAN
04-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Syracuse doesnt know were they will be playing in the first round yet On tuesday he will be driving to Syracuse or flying to Winepeg we talked to him after the game when he was reading his text message from Syracuse

AlphaDog
04-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Kinda depressing seeing all these guys move on:( Bah im selfish. Good luck Stef!

Yah that's the only thing that sucks in the 'O - you can't get too attached to any one player because nobody's here for long! But hopefully they'll all have great careers ahead of them that we can continue to follow.

WellandDogsFan
04-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Good luck Stef. I look forward to following your career in the NHL. Thank you for your hard work this year.

three dog night
04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Congrats to legein on beong called up I wish good luck with the Syracuse Crunch. If he back with them next year we can watch play when they visit Hamilton.

DogsDiva
04-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Wish you all the best Legein, Sierra and I will miss you! =(

GoDogsGo
04-13-2008, 08:00 PM
looking forward to watching you in the show... good luck...

GoDogsGo61
04-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Good Luck Legein...
Do all of us Ice Dogs fans proud!!
Hope you keep working hard enough to get a shot in the big leagues one day..

I.L.L.
04-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks Stefan and good luck! You were a joy to watch and will be sincerely missed! Who is going to be our new 'pest'?:D

skatee
04-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks Stefan and good luck! You were a joy to watch and will be sincerely missed! Who is going to be our new 'pest'?:D

Desousa is already one

billedog
04-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Love you son...will miss you terribly

myleslong
04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Love you son...will miss you terribly
This is to Stefan Legein: I wish you luck in your future'However, I suggest you move to centre, because at your size you will be killed playing the boardsI hope also that you develop a sense of team spirit, because if you don't do it soon, you're going nowhere
You are a special talent, with a special gift, an incredible burst of speed.Perhaps you can focus this talent to the good of your team.,'cause you are not better than your team! GO DOGS!

billedog
04-13-2008, 09:20 PM
This is to Stefan Legein: I wish you luck in your future'However, I suggest you move to centre, because at your size you will be killed playing the boardsI hope also that you develop a sense of team spirit, because if you don't do it soon, you're going nowhere
You are a special talent, with a special gift, an incredible burst of speed.Perhaps you can focus this talent to the good of your team.,'cause you are not better than your team! GO DOGS!
You are catching me on an insanely emotional day and your comments seem like a back handed well wish if I ever heard one. Stef is an incredibly emotional kid both on and off the ice and is without a doubt a team player. He has gone through more changes in every aspect of his life in the last 16 months then most of us go thru in a life time. DO NOT imply that he is anything but a team player because thats what he is. He is a fighter and although, has gone thru some huge changes that have caught him off guard in how to react to them...do not speak of rumors as facts and throw a back handed farewell like that...

ashley
04-13-2008, 09:22 PM

Legein is an amazing player, he will do well where ever he goes, that is why he got drafted, and not to metion play for team canada! he knows he is amazing and he played hard.

And apparently when Legein hits someone one the ice it's like hitting a brick wall.

He will do awesome regardless of where he is playing, and he will always make DOGS fans proud!

Good Luck Stefan!

IceDogArmy
04-13-2008, 09:27 PM
good luck Stef

I.L.L.
04-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Desousa is already one

Oh yah!!! Forgot!

skatee
04-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Oh yah!!! Forgot!

but he's no replacement for legein ;)

DogsDiva
04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
legein is..unforgettable =) He is a great guy, spent many times chatting with him...

Domn8r
04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Legein rules!!! Can't wait to see him in the NHL. He hasnt played a game in the NHL but already my favourite player. Heart and soul, plays with passion and can score a ton of points.
So happy for him but devastated he will be gone from the Dogs.
Thanks Leeg for making this season so awesome for me and my son.
All the best from your number one fans!!

Casey
04-13-2008, 10:40 PM
BEST OF LUCK STEF! I loved having you on the team! Loved watching you at the Juniors! Keep it up, I would love to see more hilarious Legein interviews =D

IceDogs5
04-14-2008, 03:16 AM
Congrats Stefan! Good luck in your future with the Blue Jackets. I know you'll be an absolute pain in the a** when you play the Leafs...I'll try not to get too agitated by this!

I.L.L.
04-14-2008, 05:34 AM
Congrats Stefan! Good luck in your future with the Blue Jackets. I know you'll be an absolute pain in the a** when you play the Leafs...I'll try not to get too agitated by this!

Oh won't that be fun?!!!!!!!:w00t:

Canuck311
04-14-2008, 08:05 AM

hahaha well put bud..

robertdicks
04-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Congrats to legein on beong called up I wish good luck with the Syracuse Crunch. If he back with them next year we can watch play when they visit Hamilton.

Yeah there are a few players i wouldnt mind seeing at a Bulldogs game when they to hamilton.. of course ild be going there with an icedogs jersey and it would be a very fun road trip

Casey
04-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Yeah there are a few players i wouldnt mind seeing at a Bulldogs game when they to hamilton.. of course ild be going there with an icedogs jersey and it would be a very fun road trip

Count me in Rob! I was already planning on making some AHL road trips to Hamilton to see our boys play =D

brendan_435
04-14-2008, 12:35 PM
i am also in.
We need front row seats though. So they can see the icedogs jerseys every time they skate by, and think of all the good times here!

IceDogs5
04-14-2008, 02:35 PM
I'd so be in for that too...was thinking about it a few days ago actually!

Casey
04-14-2008, 03:54 PM
hahahah Then we'll have a thread on here when we decide the game, and make it like an IceDogs road trip. We all go up with our Jerseys and signs to support our boys!!! Signs saying "WE HAD HIM FIRST" hahahah =D

gord
04-14-2008, 06:01 PM
We will miss you.Go Crunch Go!

DogsDiva
04-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Casey, i like that idea of a road trip. the sign would be priceless :)

I.L.L.
04-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Count me in for the road trip, Casey!:hurray:

GoDogsGo
04-14-2008, 09:54 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=8 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=wiretap_key_header>Jackets Assign Legein To AHL Syracuse</TD></TR><TR><TD>14th April, 2008 - 4:41 pm</TD></TR><TR><TD>http://www.realgmhockey.com/images/nhl/4.2/profiles/logos/cbj_pp.gifPress Release - The Columbus Blue Jackets have assigned right wing Stefan Legein from the Niagara IceDogs of the Ontario Hockey League to the Syracuse Crunch, Columbus’ American Hockey League affiliate, Blue Jackets’ General Manager Scott Howson announced today.

Legein, 19, collected 24 goals and 13 assists for 37 points with 80 penalty minutes and was +12 in 30 games with Niagara this season. He ranked fourth on the club in goals and tied for sixth in points, while his eight power play goals ranked third and four shorthanded goals were tied for second. He added 7-10-17 with 28 penalty minutes and was +6 in 10 playoff games to rank tied for second on the club in scoring. He missed 22 regular season games due to a shoulder injury suffered in the gold medal game of the 2008 World Junior Championships. In the tournament, he registered 1-1-2 with eight penalty minutes and a +2 plus/minus rating in seven games. He served as an alternate captain for Team Canada and helped the squad win gold for the fourth consecutive year.

The Blue Jackets’ second pick, 37th overall, in the 2007 Entry Draft, Legein registered 43-32-75 with 115 penalty minutes and was +31 in 64 games for the IceDogs in 2006-07. He was selected to play in the 2007 CHL Top Prospects Game and represented the Eastern Conference at the OHL All-Star Game, winning the fastest skater competition at the event. The Oakville, Ontario, native has registered 77-59-136 with 333 penalty minutes and a cumulative plus/minus rating of +39 in 202 career OHL games.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

WellandDogsFan
04-14-2008, 09:58 PM
yeah I saw this on the ticker on TSN.... again, Good luck Stef!! Thanks for all you have done for the Missy/Niagara IceDogs.

I.L.L.
04-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Sad to see you go Stefan but you deserve this! Good luck!

I.L.L.
04-14-2008, 10:30 PM
we have the scoops here on on icedogfans.com ;)

That's why I keep coming back! I finally made it to the 2nd line, too!:hurray:

AlphaDog
04-14-2008, 10:32 PM
The biggest thing that SUCKS about Legein going to the AHL? My jersey! I JUST got the lettering on it like a WEEK AGO!!! AARrrrgggg!!! Typical timing for me though (typical throughout my life - that kinda stuff ALWAYS happens to me).

Oh well, at least the jersey's signed so I can put it away and get a new one next year...

I.L.L.
04-14-2008, 10:41 PM
The biggest thing that SUCKS about Legein going to the AHL? My jersey! I JUST got the lettering on it like a WEEK AGO!!! AARrrrgggg!!! Typical timing for me though (typical throughout my life - that kinda stuff ALWAYS happens to me).

Oh well, at least the jersey's signed so I can put it away and get a new one next year...

Funny you say that AD cause I finally decided to get Caputi on the back of my jersey, even though I didn't want to get it done due to the attachment factor and the fact that he may be leaving sooner than later. (how bout that run-on sentence:D! )

Now I'm reading the posts on how Luca will probably go. I guess I was in denial! Oh well, I can still wear the jersey with pride! I still love him and he will always be my original fav. I'll just have to get another jersey for next season and then I can have two!:hurray:

skatee
04-14-2008, 11:16 PM
it doesnt matter guys
they ended their OHL careers as ICEDOGS not like they got traded!
so its still great to have them on there!

I.L.L.
04-14-2008, 11:18 PM
it doesnt matter guys
they ended their OHL careers as ICEDOGS not like they got traded!
so its still great to have them on there!

:iagree: Thanks for the comforting words, skatee!

Niagara Ice Puppies
04-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Best of luck in the AHL Stefan and hopefully someday the NHL too! You've been an amazing player to watch and I'll continue to follow you throughout your career.

Casey
04-15-2008, 12:13 AM
We'll be seeing you in Hamilton or Toronto Stef! Or even go to a Crunch home game. Not that far!!! =)

skatee
04-15-2008, 08:22 AM
hey kids
why wait?
the crunch could be facing off against the marlies in the second round...

the crunch also have local talent zenon konopka, who is from NOTL or N. Falls. Konopka played a few games with the Jackets this season and played more than 20 with the Ducks in 05-06, his rookie year

billedog
04-15-2008, 09:08 AM
hey kids
why wait?
the crunch could be facing off against the marlies in the second round...

the crunch also have local talent zenon konopka, who is from NOTL or N. Falls. Konopka played a few games with the Jackets this season and played more than 20 with the Ducks in 05-06, his rookie year
To paraphrase Skatee...Hey kids...the crunch are not that far away...no further than the Shwa...leaving is hard for him and he will miss those that he cares for deeply. I plan on going anywhere that I can drive to and may go to see the Crunch on Friday if he is going to dress. He needs support from all of us. He's a kid that has seen monumental changes in the last 16 months of his life. I for one intend on showing him that he will not be forgotten...and will always be loved

AlphaDog
04-15-2008, 10:48 AM
To paraphrase Skatee...Hey kids...the crunch are not that far away...no further than the Shwa...leaving is hard for him and he will miss those that he cares for deeply. I plan on going anywhere that I can drive to and may go to see the Crunch on Friday if he is going to dress. He needs support from all of us. He's a kid that has seen monumental changes in the last 16 months of his life. I for one intend on showing him that he will not be forgotten...and will always be loved

Anyone know the dates of Syracuse's upcoming games?

Here's a link to listen live: Listen to the Crunch Live! (http://www.sportsradio620.com/pages/listenlive.html)
A forum here : http://crunchforum.dyndns.org/forums/5.aspx

billedog
04-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Anyone know the dates of Syracuse's upcoming games?

Here's a link to listen live: Listen to the Crunch Live! (http://www.sportsradio620.com/pages/listenlive.html)
A forum here : http://crunchforum.dyndns.org/forums/5.aspx

Friday and Saturday at home and next two are in Manitoba

skatee
04-15-2008, 10:52 AM
as mentioned.. should they win.. .they could play the Toronto Marlies in the next round... so that would be worth the drive to T.O.

bah.. in doing my professional duties i never got a legein autograph :( missed my chance now

AlphaDog
04-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Friday and Saturday at home and next two are in Manitoba

Thanks billiedog!

Found some more info here: http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?p=28673#post28673

Casey
04-15-2008, 11:03 AM
in doing my professional duties i never got a legein autograph :( missed my chance now

Brutal Skatee!! Well at least you met him a few times, and you did a GREAT job with your professional duties =D

ADOGFAN
04-15-2008, 03:18 PM
http://www.syracusecrunch.com/

Check out the Syracuse web site

Caputigirl17
04-15-2008, 03:48 PM
GOOD LUCK STEFF!
can't wait to see you again!
We are still cheering for you here in Niagara and in the Region!

Good luck STEF!
we wish you the best in Niagara and the Niagara Region!

robertdicks
04-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Should i have the money i wouldntmind taking a trip to a marlies game to see him if they play them in the next round, but i was checking at good tickets at marlies games are like 40 bucks so it looks like syracuse would ne the cheaper choice (even if u include the gas difference)

robertdicks
04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
gotta admit tho being at a marlies game and cheering against them (since im a leafs fan) would be kinda weird..

Kevy
04-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Cheer for the Marlies...and Legein.

IceDogs5
04-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Congrats again Stefan! Um, has anyone checked out the Syracuse logo? Whoever thought that up --->:blink:. I know, slightly off topic ... just thought it was amusing.

AlphaDog
04-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Congrats again Stefan! Um, has anyone checked out the Syracuse logo? Whoever thought that up --->:blink:. I know, slightly off topic ... just thought it was amusing.

Yah it's like a zombie gorilla wearing hockey glove earmuffs.

joe
04-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Just because Legein got called up, doesn't mean he won't be back next year. It will all depend on how he plays up there. If he doesn't crack the line up there on a regular basis and plays a regular shift, Columbus isn't gonna just keep him there to sit the bench. They would send him back to Niagara so that he gets games in. If columbus needed him next year at any time they could still call him up.......As the Panthers did with Mathias this year.

I wouldn't count him out of being in niagara's line up just yet.

AlphaDog
04-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Just because Legein got called up, doesn't mean he won't be back next year. It will all depend on how he plays up there. If he doesn't crack the line up there on a regular basis and plays a regular shift, Columbus isn't gonna just keep him there to sit the bench. They would send him back to Niagara so that he gets games in. If columbus needed him next year at any time they could still call him up.......As the Panthers did with Mathias this year.

I thought once you played a single game professionally (AHL/NHL/ECHL/etc) you weren't allowed to return to the 'O ??

joe
04-15-2008, 08:44 PM
I thought once you played a single game professionally (AHL/NHL/ECHL/etc) you weren't allowed to return to the 'O ??

As far as I know AD, there are a maximum number of games they can play in the NHL after that maximun then they have to remain at the pro level, either NHL or AHL. That is why guys play a few games at the start of they year in the NHL. Similar to Gange and Kane this past year......it worked out well for them and they fit in at the NHL level. If they didn't, they could have been sent back down to the O this year. How deadly would London have been????? As for the AHL, I'm not sure if there is a max number of games they can play. If there is, lets hope the crunch get KO'd in first round hhahahahha.

ally
04-15-2008, 08:59 PM
The way I understand it is:
Columbus can assign him to play for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://forum.icedogfans.com/ /><st1:City w:st=</st1:City>
<st1:City w:st=" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pSyracuse</ST1:p</st1:City> in the AHL next year. They could not do it this year due to his age.
<O:p</O:p

A player can be sent back to the O from the NHL at any point in the season. The "games played" mark is just for salary obligations. However once a player is sent back to the OHL he can not be recalled to his NHL team until his team is eliminated from the playoffs.<O:p</O:p

Mathias (<st1:State w:st="on">Florida</st1:State>) & Mason (<st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pColumbus</ST1:p</st1:City>) were recalled using a provision in the CBA for emergencies. I'm not sure what the rules are on that, but if I am not mistaken it has to be approved by the league. It doesn't happen very often, this year was a very rare year.

joe
04-15-2008, 09:20 PM
The way I understand it is:
Columbus can assign him to play for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://forum.icedogfans.com/ /><st1:City w:st=</st1:City>
<st1:City w:st=" on?><ST1:pSyracuse</ST1:p</st1:City> in the AHL next year. They could not do it this year due to his age.

A player can be sent back to the O from the NHL at any point in the season. The "games played" mark is just for salary obligations. However once a player is sent back to the OHL he can not be recalled to his NHL team until his team is eliminated from the playoffs.<O:p</O:p

Mathias (<st1:State w:st="on">Florida</st1:State>) & Mason (<st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pColumbus</ST1:p</st1:City>) were recalled using a provision in the CBA for emergencies. I'm not sure what the rules are on that, but if I am not mistaken it has to be approved by the league. It doesn't happen very often, this year was a very rare year.

That's right. Thanks. So, AD there is still hope to get that jersey signed.

AlphaDog
04-15-2008, 09:39 PM
That's right. Thanks. So, AD there is still hope to get that jersey signed.

Hehe, I've GOT the jersey signed - just not the photos! :)

billedog
04-15-2008, 10:03 PM

IF Columbus sent him anywhere they would send him to Syracuse. It's very unlikely that he will come back...I'd say 99.9% positive that he won't...

Domn8r
04-16-2008, 09:05 AM
I wish i had the opportunity to get Legein to sign my 8x10 pic. I missed out. Very upset about that. Would have looked sweet on my wall with his signature. Luckily earlier in the year i got his autograph on a few small pics and hockey cards.

Legein is a class act on and off the ice. He was great with me and my kids. Plus we got his picture.

Many people on these threads talk about Legein's attitude. He is a young kid with a great sense of humour and likes to be a wiseguy. Just look at his "Geno Reda" impression when he interviewed Tavares during the World Juniors. I see Leeg as a great kid and a phenomenal hockey player. Definitely a fan forever!!

billedog
04-16-2008, 09:10 AM
I wish i had the opportunity to get Legein to sign my 8x10 pic. I missed out. Very upset about that. Would have looked sweet on my wall with his signature. Luckily earlier in the year i got his autograph on a few small pics and hockey cards.

Legein is a class act on and off the ice. He was great with me and my kids. Plus we got his picture.

Many people on these threads talk about Legein's attitude. He is a young kid with a great sense of humour and likes to be a wiseguy. Just look at his "Geno Reda" impression when he interviewed Tavares during the World Juniors. I see Leeg as a great kid and a phenomenal hockey player. Definitely a fan forever!!
Thanks Domn8r...nice to see that someone else can see thru the hype and rumor mill...I've been creeping in hopes of finding someone else willing to stand up for this boy. My wife and I have gotten to know him quite well and I'm sure he and his family are struggling with the constant down putting he receives. Some positivity here is great...the kid is now in the AHL, playing in the playoffs...NEXT STEP...NHL baby.:auto:

Domn8r
04-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Legein is the ultimate, prototypical future NHL star. Can't wait to see him in the NHL.

skatee
04-16-2008, 09:31 AM
its good to see some positive posts
i dont understand the negativity
the kid is talented and exciting to watch...
I applaud him and everything he has accomplished

conchar
04-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Legein is the ultimate, prototypical future NHL star. Can't wait to see him in the NHL.

I think that Legein was without doubt the most talented kid on the team...I believe he will go on to a very bright future in both the AHL and eventually the NHL. Good luck to him and thanks for all the excitement he gave us in some very competetive games.

three dog night
04-16-2008, 12:04 PM
The Crunch start at home Friday against Manitoba should be a great series.

Domn8r
04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
there hasnt been many players that i have watched over my 39 years (yes, I'm an old man at nearly 40, aha ha ha) that got me out of my seat like Legein when he touched the puck. My fav all time player, Messier, had the same affect on me. Legein is simply magic with his puck handling skills, his speed and his accurate shot.

Time to pay respect to a true gentleman and class act kid ON AND OFF THE ICE.

I.L.L.
04-16-2008, 04:19 PM
its good to see some positive posts
i dont understand the negativity
the kid is talented and exciting to watch...
I applaud him and everything he has accomplished

HERE HERE!:cheers2:

joe
04-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Thanks Domn8r...nice to see that someone else can see thru the hype and rumor mill...I've been creeping in hopes of finding someone else willing to stand up for this boy. My wife and I have gotten to know him quite well and I'm sure he and his family are struggling with the constant down putting he receives. Some positivity here is great...the kid is now in the AHL, playing in the playoffs...NEXT STEP...NHL baby.:auto:

I think Legien is a great player all the talent in the world. I think he will be a great NHL player. He doesn't have the worst attitude, but he doesn't have the greatest. I'm sure he'd even say that. When i said myleslong wasn't too far from the truth in his post, I also said it was a bit harsh or that it came out a bit harsh. When I mentioned his attitude it was more constructive criticisim rather than an attack.

billedog
04-16-2008, 04:46 PM
I think Legien is a great player all the talent in the world. I think he will be a great NHL player. He doesn't have the worst attitude, but he doesn't have the greatest. I'm sure he'd even say that. When i said myleslong wasn't too far from the truth in his post, I also said it was a bit harsh or that it came out a bit harsh. When I mentioned his attitude it was more constructive criticisim rather than an attack.
No offence but what gives anyone the right to criticise...Do you know him personally and professionally and been first hand witness to his attitude? If he says that then thats coming from someone who knows the kid inside and out and he has the right and obligation to judge himself. What are people basing these crticisms on???? That is where I have a problem. Everyone is so careful not to say anything to driticise the almighty coach even though we can all see and therefore question his choices but people will easily jump at the chance to knock Stef down based on hearsay.

I feel that some of the posts are out of line in keeping with the guidelines that have been set regarding comments on coach...lets us not have double standards...especially since Stef is a KID!!!!

joe
04-16-2008, 04:58 PM
No offence but what gives anyone the right to criticise...Do you know him personally and professionally and been first hand witness to his attitude? If he says that then thats coming from someone who knows the kid inside and out and he has the right and obligation to judge himself. What are people basing these crticisms on???? That is where I have a problem. Everyone is so careful not to say anything to driticise the almighty coach even though we can all see and therefore question his choices but people will easily jump at the chance to knock Stef down based on hearsay.

I feel that some of the posts are out of line in keeping with the guidelines that have been set regarding comments on coach...lets us not have double standards...especially since Stef is a KID!!!!

When speaking of his attitude, it's his attitude on the ice and how he carries himself on it. What we are speaking of on this board is about him as a hockey player. The cristicisms people have brought up are hockey related. They are not on a personal level. We've all watched the games and we have all paid to watch the games. So, have we seen his attitude? I think the answer is cleary, YES. Wouldn't you agree?

Like I said in the other post, Stef wouldn't be where his is if people didn't offer criticisms. Yes he is a great hockey player, but there is still so many areas that he needs to and will continue to grow in. Any player will tell you that.

billedog
04-16-2008, 08:56 PM
When speaking of his attitude, it's his attitude on the ice and how he carries himself on it. What we are speaking of on this board is about him as a hockey player. The cristicisms people have brought up are hockey related. They are not on a personal level. We've all watched the games and we have all paid to watch the games. So, have we seen his attitude? I think the answer is cleary, YES. Wouldn't you agree?

Like I said in the other post, Stef wouldn't be where his is if people didn't offer criticisms. Yes he is a great hockey player, but there is still so many areas that he needs to and will continue to grow in. Any player will tell you that.
I'll have to disagree with you on this matter as his play is his play. His actions are his actions. How he receives a puck or makes a pass or takes a shot is not indicative of his attitude. He has been openly criticised for not being a team player and for having a poor attitude. I rarely hear him banging his stick on the ice demanding the puck...he doesn't skate around with a scowl when a play is blown...so where is the assessment of a poor attitude coming from I ask??? He is a league pest...thats his job. His aggressiveness, confidence, dedication, and work ethic are all things that got him signed and this is quoted from those that train and own him.

Sorry...not buying...

billedog
04-16-2008, 09:11 PM
I think two of the players from the top line have openly displayed poor attitude on the ice as in constantly calling for the puck, throwing sticks around and banging them on the boards...but you never hear anything said about them. No...Stef has been a singular target and has NOT shown anything less than class out there and a love for the game and his team. I'm obviously not understanding the nature of what defines his "bad attitude on the ice" so feel free to give me an explaination of what determines such...

I.L.L.
04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
I'll have to disagree with you on this matter as his play is his play. His actions are his actions. How he receives a puck or makes a pass or takes a shot is not indicative of his attitude. He has been openly criticised for not being a team player and for having a poor attitude. I rarely hear him banging his stick on the ice demanding the puck...he doesn't skate around with a scowl when a play is blown...so where is the assessment of a poor attitude coming from I ask??? He is a league pest...thats his job. His aggressiveness, confidence, dedication, and work ethic are all things that got him signed and this is quoted from those that train and own him.

Sorry...not buying...

:iagree:I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions on different players. I think a lot of people agree that Stefan is a fantastic player with a gift for being the pest. He's the type of guy you want on your team but hate playing against. I think most players would love to have that title. He has accomplished so much in his young career and he is going to excel in his pro career. I personally don't agree that he has a bad attitude on the ice. I see him as a role model, leader and a team player and adds a certain excitement to any game he is playing in. If he had such a bad attitude, I don't think there would be as many jerseys with his name on it. Just shows how admired he is by so many people, young and old.

From what I have heard about him as a person off the ice, he is apparently a warm, kind-hearted and emotional young man. He has an incredible sense of humour and is well-liked by all that meet him. This is paraphrasing, of course, what I heard from his billet. She was close to tears when she was talking about him last night at the banquet. I could see she has nothing but deep admiration and love for the kid. I wish the critics would give the guy a break and just wish him well in his career. Be proud of all that he has done for the Icedogs and the Junior team and be proud for all that he has to offer to Syracuse and Columbus.

Just my 2 cents.....

billedog
04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
:iagree:I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions on different players. I think a lot of people agree that Stefan is a fantastic player with a gift for being the pest. He's the type of guy you want on your team but hate playing against. I think most players would love to have that title. He has accomplished so much in his young career and he is going to excel in his pro career. I personally don't agree that he has a bad attitude on the ice. I see him as a role model, leader and a team player and adds a certain excitement to any game he is playing in. If he had such a bad attitude, I don't think there would be as many jerseys with his name on it. Just shows how admired he is by so many people, young and old.

From what I have heard about him as a person off the ice, he is apparently a warm, kind-hearted and emotional young man. He has an incredible sense of humour and is well-liked by all that meet him. This is paraphrasing, of course, what I heard from his billet. She was close to tears when she was talking about him last night at the banquet. I could see she has nothing but deep admiration and love for the kid. I wish the critics would give the guy a break and just wish him well in his career. Be proud of all that he has done for the Icedogs and the Junior team and be proud for all that he has to offer to Syracuse and Columbus.

Just my 2 cents.....

Well put...how did you happen to meet his billet? There were tons of people there last night and it was hard to tell who was who.

I.L.L.
04-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Well put...how did you happen to meet his billet? There were tons of people there last night and it was hard to tell who was who.

Actually someone pointed her out to me a in Oshawa, but told me she was Stef's mom. I had spoken a few words to her in passing but last night I just went up to her and asked her if she was his mom and she told me she was his billet (along with Bergeron). She told me that him and his mom look so much alike and that there would be no mistake that they were mother and son when they stood next to each other!

MadMann took a pic of Casey, her(Karen) and I together. I really don't want to see what I look like in that one!:ohmy:

Karen showed so much emotion for him, it was really very touching and it just shows the bonds created between the billets and the boys . If we think we get attached to them, just imagine how they feel!

Kevy
04-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Actually someone pointed her out to me a in Oshawa, but told me she was Stef's mom. I had spoken a few words to her in passing but last night I just went up to her and asked her if she was his mom and she told me she was his billet (along with Bergeron). She told me that him and his mom look so much alike and that there would be no mistake that they were mother and son when they stood next to each other!

MadMann took a pic of Casey, her(Karen) and I together. I really don't want to see what I look like in that one!:ohmy:

Karen showed so much emotion for him, it was really very touching and it just shows the bonds created between the billets and the boys . If we think we get attached to them, just imagine how they feel!

Someone pointed her out to me as his mom as well here in Oshawa. I'm looking at you Phil Margonis! Haha

I.L.L.
04-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Someone pointed her out to me as his mom as well here in Oshawa. I'm looking at you Phil Margonis! Haha

Actually Phil Margonis was the one that pointed her out to me too!

joe
04-16-2008, 11:03 PM
I think two of the players from the top line have openly displayed poor attitude on the ice as in constantly calling for the puck, throwing sticks around and banging them on the boards...but you never hear anything said about them. No...Stef has been a singular target and has NOT shown anything less than class out there and a love for the game and his team. I'm obviously not understanding the nature of what defines his "bad attitude on the ice" so feel free to give me an explaination of what determines such...

For one thing, everytime people asked how swift hasn't been drafted I brought up his head and his attitude. Other people have agreed with me as well on here. So, others have been mentioned.

With regards to Legien, I said his attitude is not the greatest. He has, with out a doubt shown that his attitude sometimes gets the best of him. You seem to know him well, or enough about him so I also take it you have probably seen most if not all of the games this year. Tell me how many times Stefan has been either tossed from games, taken numerous misconduct penalties arguing with refs and the number of 10 minute misconduct penalties he had for foolish reasons. I bet you've run out of fingers? Yes, some may be for sticking up for teamates, but most of the time it was his head and judgement getting the better of him. Now, during the time he takes foolish penalties and does not see the ice for long periods of time (the numerous 10 minute misconducts) he only hurts the team in many ways when he is the calibre of player that he is. He can't score goals, he can't make an exciting move, he can't make a great pass to set up a goal. MOST IMPORTANTLY HE CAN'T LEAD BY EXAMPLE FROM THE BOX OR THE DRESSING ROOM. It doesn't take a genius to figure out those situations all point to ATTITUDE.

Another incident was the situation with Dahm during warm ups. It wasn't the first time that they had words during warm ups. It happened twice that I am aware of. If you aren't aware of it, Stefan was shooting pucks at the direction of the net interfering with Dahm's initial warm up with Swift. It happened once at home and Dahm had words with him. It happened again during Game 2 in Oshawa and that day, Legien continued to shoot pucks in the direction of the net throughout the warm up out of spite. I watched him do it the whole time and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. But that is ok cause he's a pest and a joker right. It was rediculous is you ask me and it also agian points to ATTITUDE.

If you really got the message of my earlier posts, you will see that I did mention Caputi's name and did mention that I thought another year in the OHL for both him and Legien would do wonders for them. Caputi mentioned about how a short training camp helped him to become a leader.......a position that he had never been in before until this year. So, if worse came to worse, you are trying to tell me another year (more mature) proving you are a leader wouldn't help their attitudes go a long way???????????? Take a look at my posts again including this one, keeping in mind the title of the thread, the points I have mentioned, and when I have mentioned them. Then ask yourself, does Stefan Legien have the greatest attitude on the ice? Does Stefan Legien need to work on his attitude a bit? I'll save you the time and effort. The answers are No and Yes respectively.

Never once, were my posts an attack on a player on a personal level nor were the on work ethic or what type a person they were off the ice. You have clearly taken them out of context and have taken them as attacks. I'm sorry you feel that way.

A few more thoughts. Why did Stefan not have an "A" on his jersey at the end of the year? I could be mistaken, but did he not have one at the start of the year? Could it be because "A" is for ATTITUDE?

Kevy
04-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Next year I'm determined to go to an NHL game. I was supposed to go to one this year but some stupidness happened. All this talk about taking a little road trip to an AHL game made me think of this again. I was thinking of somewhere fairly close, that's not Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal. More along the lines of a Boston, New York, New Jersey, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Columbus.....

Who's in?

I.L.L.
04-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Next year I'm determined to go to an NHL game. I was supposed to go to one this year but some stupidness happened. All this talk about taking a little road trip to an AHL game made me think of this again. I was thinking of somewhere fairly close, that's not Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal. More along the lines of a Boston, New York, New Jersey, Detroit, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Columbus.....

Who's in?

:hurray:ME ME ME!!!

billedog
04-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Me too...I say a Jersey and Columbus game and watch both Stef and Matt...

I am kindly disregarding the above message (a couple above) ...for now until I cool down

Domn8r
04-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Joe, you seem a little upset. We're all here to give praise to our team and talk hockey. I understand your thoughts and comments, that is fine. I don't want to know about Swift and Legein and the negative crap. I dont believe this crap. All i could see was team spirit and team closeness. In fact, these are my 2 favourite players on the team. My son looks up to them.

If you feel both these players have 'attitude' issues on the ice, i would say they are simply passionate players who play the game at 110%. Players who play their heart out also give out tons of adrenelaine and emotion. Swift was amazing in the playoffs. He wore his heart on his sleeve. He wanted to win big time. As far as i am concerned Legein was very disciplined in the playoffs. The Dogs needed his offensive skills and they got it.

Sorry just my thoughts, I really admire these 2 players for their on-ice heroics and most of all, their off-ice professionalism.

I.L.L.
04-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Joe, you seem a little upset. We're all here to give praise to our team and talk hockey. I understand your thoughts and comments, that is fine. I don't want to know about Swift and Legein and the negative crap. I dont believe this crap. All i could see was team spirit and team closeness. In fact, these are my 2 favourite players on the team. My son looks up to them.

If you feel both these players have 'attitude' issues on the ice, i would say they are simply passionate players who play the game at 110%. Players who play their heart out also give out tons of adrenelaine and emotion. Swift was amazing in the playoffs. He wore his heart on his sleeve. He wanted to win big time. As far as i am concerned Legein was very disciplined in the playoffs. The Dogs needed his offensive skills and they got it.

Sorry just my thoughts, I really admire these 2 players for their on-ice heroics and most of all, their off-ice professionalism.

Great post..I'm sure billedog will appreciate this........

billedog
04-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Great post..I'm sure billedog will appreciate this........
He does...

Domn8r
04-16-2008, 11:31 PM
not trying to piss Joe off. He has his own opinion, that is totally cool.

I recall my thread a few weeks back about my disbelief that Swifty wasnt drafted and JOe mentioned hsi head and attitude.

I really like these kids on this team. I got very wrapped up into this team especially the last half of the season. I admire their accomplishments this season.

Let's not forget- they're kids, young men. Some on the brink of professional hockey careers. All away from their loved ones all season, some ready to leave their loved ones for good (eg. Leeg to Syracuse, Luca to Scranton). All that pressure, all that stress they endure. In my eyes, they are true heroes, true professionals, true YOUNG MEN.

joe
04-16-2008, 11:32 PM

Dom,

not upset at all, buddy just wanted an explanation. I've said they were great hockey players and I've said Legien will do well in the NHL. Not once did I say I didn't enjoy or appreciate what they have done for the icedogs and the community. I was simply stating facts and someone wanted an explaination......hence the caps and the drawn out response in the previous post.

I'm here as a hockey fan and enjoy expressing opinions with people about hockey whether they are similar to mine or not. Sometimes debates arise sometimes they don't. I am not here to be in awe of a player. It's an open fourm and discussion board. To each his or her own, correct?

WellandDogsFan
04-16-2008, 11:36 PM
It's an open fourm and discussion board. To each his or her own, correct?
Yes its an open forum to an extent. As long as debates stay civil (as this one has) they will be able to be continued. Its when debates become personal that is problematic. Sometimes people just cant agree to disagree.

Domn8r
04-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Joe
you couldnt have said it any better about personal opinions . Totally agree- we can express our own opinions. Trust me, i'm not upset or anything.
Its been upsetting the last few weeks hearing negative vibes about the players i have been following all year. I was blown away by these negative rumours especially seeing this tight knit group of kids at the Family Day event and then during the playoffs. They amazed me on and off the ice. I hope my kids grow up to be class A kids like them.

Domn8r
04-16-2008, 11:40 PM
I guess we can all agree on one thing- the Ice Dogs rule!!!
And secondly..... the Leafs will win the Cup next year ;-)

billedog
04-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Dom,

not upset at all, buddy just wanted an explanation. I've said they were great hockey players and I've said Legien will do well in the NHL. Not once did I say I didn't enjoy or appreciate what they have done for the icedogs and the community. I was simply stating facts and someone wanted an explaination......hence the caps and the drawn out response in the previous post.

I'm here as a hockey fan and enjoy expressing opinions with people about hockey whether they are similar to mine or not. Sometimes debates arise sometimes they don't. I am not here to be in awe of a player. It's an open fourm and discussion board. To each his or her own, correct?
Yes it is an open forum to discuss issues surrounding our team and our boys. Perhaps its the verbage that has offered fuel to the fire. To me attitude is direct reflection of character. Having said that, to question someone attitude in any way puts their character into question. What is on the ice is the game. You mention a discussion had between Stef and Seb as though you were privy to it and its context. What gives anyone the right to interpret what happens on the ice as a direct reflection of attitude. They are unrelated. If Stef were unsupported in his penalties he would have been scrutinized and reprimanded by the coaching staff for it.

I disagree with you on so many different levels...

WellandDogsFan
04-16-2008, 11:42 PM
Well one out of two isnt bad lol
:cheers2:

Domn8r
04-16-2008, 11:45 PM
i hear ya, WDF.....
Maybe the Leafs will win the Cup when some of our boys suit up for them. Otherwise i guess i will have to wait another 40 yrs.

joe
04-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Joe
you couldnt have said it any better about personal opinions . Totally agree- we can express our own opinions. Trust me, i'm not upset or anything.
Its been upsetting the last few weeks hearing negative vibes about the players i have been following all year. I was blown away by these negative rumours especially seeing this tight knit group of kids at the Family Day event and then during the playoffs. They amazed me on and off the ice. I hope my kids grow up to be class A kids like them.

Dom,

I dont' take anything away from these kids either. I'm a season ticket holder, been to every home game and some road games. I'm just as passionate as most are on this board. Like I said I'm not here to be in awe of anyone. I'm sorry if that offends people. I'm not just one to look at only the good. I see things for what they are. trust me I have not taken any offence in any of the above posts.

billedog
04-16-2008, 11:52 PM
I hope you are not implying that I am in awe with any of these kids as this is not the case. I know Stefan very well and know WHO he is. That is why I take issue with anyone thinking that the play they exhibit on the ice is anything more than their play on the ice.

I do not agree with focusing negative attention on Stefan or anyone else for that matter. If you want to question a play go right ahead but I feel that to question his attitude and putting his character in question and I definately disagree. Unless any of us have been in direct contact with his attitude and are willing to back it up then I think its best to reword the verbage to reflect true intent. I beleive its his play you feel he needs to mature on...not his character as a person..ie:attitude...

Domn8r
04-16-2008, 11:55 PM
http://forum.icedogfans.com/image.php?u=637&dateline=1206926006&type=profile

Domn8r
04-16-2008, 11:56 PM
my favourite pic....... and my son's.

billedog
04-16-2008, 11:57 PM
Great pic...such a good kid...

joe
04-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Dom and Bill

I have similar picture with my nephew and stefan. I don't know how many times i have to say this, but have not once questioned stefan's persona off the ice. Everything I have discussed has been about on ice issues and what I think Stefan needs to work on in order to excell at the next level and I'm sorry if I think working on and attitude is a part of that.

The comment of being in awe was not directed at Bill or anyone inparticular. It was a comment in general and I did say to each his or her own. So it wasn't a dig at anyone.

It's obvious we watch different games the rink and we watch the games for different reasons.

joe
04-17-2008, 12:09 AM
I hope you are not implying that I am in awe with any of these kids as this is not the case. I know Stefan very well and know WHO he is. That is why I take issue with anyone thinking that the play they exhibit on the ice is anything more than their play on the ice.

I do not agree with focusing negative attention on Stefan or anyone else for that matter. If you want to question a play go right ahead but I feel that to question his attitude and putting his character in question and I definately disagree. Unless any of us have been in direct contact with his attitude and are willing to back it up then I think its best to reword the verbage to reflect true intent. I beleive its his play you feel he needs to mature on...not his character as a person..ie:attitude...

The negative attention seems to outway things at the moment, because it's what we disagree on. It's only natural. Trust me, I know stefan has more going positively going for him than the negative. He wouldn't be where he is.

I think we might have agreed on something here!

AlphaDog
04-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Yes its an open forum to an extent. As long as debates stay civil (as this one has) they will be able to be continued. Its when debates become personal that is problematic. Sometimes people just cant agree to disagree.

Yep. I'm rather enjoying this debating going on this thread :p I fully encourage people to post their disagreements - just so long as it never turns personal where one person is saying "you this" and "you that". As long as the conversation stays on topic of the points being disagreed with, they're very healthy discussions for any forum.

habsfan
04-17-2008, 01:45 AM

Well one out of two isnt bad lol
:cheers2:

Obviously you can expect Go Dogs Go!! and well, from my pseudonym, Go Habs Go!!!

I.L.L.
04-17-2008, 05:59 AM
i hear ya, WDF.....
Maybe the Leafs will win the Cup when some of our boys suit up for them. Otherwise i guess i will have to wait another 40 yrs.

Okay guys...did you ever think that maybe it's time for you to become Habs fans? Just a thought..:001_tongue:

pup
04-17-2008, 10:31 AM
From Syracuse.com website

<SCRIPT language=javascript>var vs_blog_indexpage="Crunch Hockey Blog on syracuse.com";var vs_blog_category="";var vs_blog_title="The medical report";var vs_blog_tags="";//Send to Tracking.js////var vs_blog_data = "bpblogs="+vs_blog_indexpage+"&bptitle="+vs_blog_title+"&bpcats="+vs_blog_category+"&bptags="+vs_blog_tags;</SCRIPT>The medical report

Posted by Lindsay Kramer (http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/about.html) April 15, 2008 1:05PM

It's looking more and more like the Syracuse Crunch will head into the playoffs with a goalie tandem of Karl Goehring and Adam Munro.

Injured goalie Dan LaCosta did not practice on Tuesday. He sat in the stands glumly looking out at practice.
I asked him if it would be easier to just go home and not witness what he was missing. He said no, that he doesn't want to be a ghost. If and when he comes back, he wants to feel like part of the team again.
You have to feel bad for LaCosta. Not only is a terrific guy, but he worked so hard after the Elmira team bus crash to put himself in a position to play in the playoffs. Now, who knows?
Crunch coach Ross Yates said that if the playoffs started today, injured defenseman Dan Smith would not be available. As for this weekend, we'll have to wait and see. Smith did not practice on Tuesday. He seemed to be walking around with no obvious pain or ailments.
If Smith cannot go, that would leave the Crunch with five clear day roster blueliners. Nick Holden, out of juniors, could be added regardless of injuries. Andrei Plekhanov could only be popped in if one more skater (along with Smith and Aaron Rome) were hurt or unavailable.
Obviously, though, if some spare forward all of a sudden comes down with a cold, that would be the third hurt skater and Plekhanov could play.
- Rookie right wing Stefan Legein practiced with the Crunch for the first time on Tuesday. Yates said he likes his skill level and energy and would not hesitate to use him in the playoffs. Since he is coming from juniors, he can be dressed without an injury to someone else.
- Crunch forward Derick Brassard has been named the AHL's rookie of the month for April. He registered 14 points (four goals, 10 assists) and a plus-7 rating in seven games. Brassard was also rookie of the month for April.
- Another class move by Columubus and Syracuse: The AHL pays for travel and expenses during playoffs. But the league only extends that to one day before a road run is to begin.
In other words, the Crunch will play game 3 in Manitoba on April 22. The league will start paying for expenses the day before, on April 21. But the Crunch wants a little extra time there, so it will get there on April 20. The hotel and per deim costs for April 20 will be absorbed by Syracuse and Columbus.
In contrast, Manitoba is arriving here for Friday's game on Thursday night. On the one hand, I understand the concept of staying at home as long as possible. But I would think at least one full day of settling into a routine on the road, plus getting a full practice in the War Memorial, would be the way to go.
Lindsay Kramer
LKramer@[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED] (LKramer@[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED])
<!-- / message -->

billedog
04-17-2008, 10:51 AM
SO so so proud of him. It's must be hard for him to leave his loved ones...this year has been his first year living away from home and the added distance will be tough for him I would imagine. Good for you Stef!!! Crunch 'em up kid!!!

I.L.L.
04-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Way to go Stef! So happy for him. His hard work is paying off...

IceDogs5
04-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Good for him :) Great to hear...good luck Stef!

DogsDiva
04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Good to hear! Best of luck , Stef!!!!!

RioBravo
04-17-2008, 09:59 PM
It's going to be weird seeing him in a different jersey...

Casey
04-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Okay guys...did you ever think that maybe it's time for you to become Habs fans? Just a thought..:001_tongue:

Its funny, as an Ottawa fan I had so many Habs fans bug me about Ottawa being swept first round. And I thought to myself "I know it will happen, my team has some real issues right now"
So now I say to all Habs fans... I can't wait for Boston to take you our first round in 7, and crush all your dreams of winning the cup. Not out of spite, just because its funny that you were laughing at the Sens when they knew they'd be gone, and you think you'll take the cup.

LETS GO BRUINS!!

(I really have nothing against Montreal, just think it would be ironic and funny)

pup
04-18-2008, 05:40 PM
From syracuse.com website. Was looking to see if Legein would be playing tonight and came across this article that I found amusing. Sounds like he got thrown in with a fun group of teammates.

Crunch, Konopka fishing for wins

Friday, April 18, 2008 By Zenon Konopka

As told to Lindsay Kramer
I like playing hockey when it's nice out. The warm weather reminds me how much fun is to get out and do things. This week, the team had two different - but equally important from a chemistry perspective - get-togethers.
On Tuesday, we had a barbecue at my house. All of the guys were invited, with their wives, girlfriends, pets, etc. I live near a good fishing spot, and most of the guys reeled in some bass. Yes, we know the rules of bass fishing, and that we had to throw them back.
Jon Mirasty and Derek Dorsett had a little trouble with that concept. They didn't understand the notion of seasons, why you would bother catching a fish just to throw it back. They are both from Saskatchewan. Maybe they don't have any kind of seasons there.
http://ads.syracuse.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_lx.ads/www.syracuse.com/xml/story/poststandard/s/spcru/746111682/StoryAd/SYRACUSEONLINE/TacodaRemnant_SY_RoS_Rect/tacoda_300X250_sy_dlvy.html/30613035303230323438303734656430?_RM_EMPTY_&
Andrei Plekhanov was the only player to not catch a fish. Actually, he thought he had something, but he just caught the bottom of the lake. He was going crazy, 'I got fish! I got fish!' Turns out it was a tire. We said, great Andrei, you can keep that tire. Tire fishing has no season.
We played boccie ball, horseshoes. It got pretty competitive. There may have been some small bets placed.
People sometimes forget that players are regular guys too. We like the family fun time, the picnics, just like anyone else. David Cullen's kids loved how Duvie Westcott's dog kept jumping into the water. Tomas Popperle was messing around with a golf club and accidently cut Trevor Frischmon's arm. It wasn't a bad cut, so we can laugh about it.
On Wednesday, the Columbus organization treated the players
to a team dinner at the Scotch N' Sirloin. It was a formal meal. Everyone wore shorts and flip flops to my picnic; Wednesday, we were all dressed up.
We talked a little about Manitoba, our first-round playoff opponent, what tendencies we could exploit. But most conversations were more water cooler stuff, like Red Sox vs. Yankees, and can the Orioles and Blue Jays keep up in the AL East.
Team physician Dan DiChristina stopped by our table. I don't know how the topic swung that way, but we started talking about brain surgery and how they drill and then put back part of your skull. It's not your typical dinner conversation, but it was interesting.
Andrei got shoe-checked. That's when the veterans enlist another player - I can't say who - to sneak under the table and put sour cream on a guy's dress shoes. Text messaging has made it really easy to carry out these orders secretly. When I was in juniors, we had to call each other at the table to pass on the message.
Anyway, at a certain point everyone clinks their glasses and looks at their shoes. Andrei looked down, and saw the glob. He said something in Russian and we all laughed.
Shoe checking is an art. If you are too obvious in putting the stuff on the target, he can grab a glass of water and splash you. When I played for Anaheim, I shoe-checked Andy MacDonald five or six times. He got madder every time we did it, so maybe that's why we kept targeting him. He never knew it was me. So if he reads this, now he does.
I've been fortunate to play on a couple of championship teams. I won the Memorial Cup with Ottawa and the ECHL's Kelly Cup with Idaho. As the postseason progressed, we did things similar to what the Crunch did this week.
I plan on having more barbecues at my house, one during each round of the playoffs. Hopefully we can enjoy the good weather as a team for a lot longer.

Casey
04-18-2008, 06:34 PM
wow Pup! That was such a great read. Thanks for posting that, I wonder what inspired him to write that!!! Sounds like I should have a big BBQ (I promise I won't mess with your shoes lol)

I.L.L.
04-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Its funny, as an Ottawa fan I had so many Habs fans bug me about Ottawa being swept first round. And I thought to myself "I know it will happen, my team has some real issues right now"
So now I say to all Habs fans... I can't wait for Boston to take you our first round in 7, and crush all your dreams of winning the cup. Not out of spite, just because its funny that you were laughing at the Sens when they knew they'd be gone, and you think you'll take the cup.

LETS GO BRUINS!!

(I really have nothing against Montreal, just think it would be ironic and funny)

I just love saying stuff to Leafs fans because they always plan the parade route back in October!

As for the Sens, I haven't said anything to the fans I know because I know that the Habs could be beaten out very easily by the Bruins. You're right though. There are a lot of annoying Habs fans that think this series against the Bruins is only a formality! The Habs themselves probably though that too, considering how they played after the first period last night:thumbdown:!

Anyways, I never get over-confident when it comes to the Habs because I hate having my heart broken! hahaha

billedog
04-18-2008, 06:56 PM
So what does all this have to do with Stef being in the AHL???

Casey
04-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Anyways, I never get over-confident when it comes to the Habs because I hate having my heart broken! hahaha

I try not to be too. I think Leaf fans are the worst for over confidence when they are winning =) *snickers*

I.L.L.
04-18-2008, 07:07 PM
So what does all this have to do with Stef being in the AHL???

Nothing! lol! Somehow a topic started within a topic, within a topic :confused1:......

MadMann
04-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Better pull over Casey & I.L.L. I think I hear the thread police coming!!!

I cant wait to see Legin in the big show. Ive always enjoyed watching a former home town junior player do well (I know he isnt from Niagara but I mean home town junior team).

I.L.L.
04-18-2008, 07:16 PM
[quote=MadMann;29132]Better pull over Casey & I.L.L. I think I hear the thread police coming!!!

:D:D:D:D:D..

Casey
04-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Better pull over Casey & I.L.L. I think I hear the thread police coming!!!

He he he :D

billedog
04-18-2008, 10:21 PM
The Crunch beat Manitoba 30 seconds into OT...

Domn8r
04-18-2008, 11:33 PM
excellent!!! I've been checking the Crunch website for news on Stef. Gonna check the box score to see if he played. Also curious what number he will wear.
Our boys are already moving on. THis is sad. That's how great Stefan Legein is. Ice Dogs get knocked out and Legein is called up within minutes. I smell a star in the making.

Kevy
04-18-2008, 11:37 PM
According to the box score he didn't play

Casey
04-19-2008, 07:44 AM
According to the box score he didn't play

He needs to get into the swing of the game and his teammates first. This is playoffs, they won't just toss him in if they think he needs time to mesh in practice

billedog
04-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Syracuse is a very strong and synchronised team right now...their lines are all real strong and they have won 15 games in a row...they aren't going to throw Stef in there at all right now until something warrents it

pup
04-19-2008, 11:22 AM
From blog.dispatch.com

Legein To Syracuse

Right winger Stefan Legein, the Blue Jackets' second-round pick last summer, is on his way to Syracuse. He'll join the Crunch for the first-round American Hockey League playoff series vs. Manitoba.
On Sunday, Legein's Niagara IceDogs were knocked out of the playoffs by Oshawa with a 5-2 loss, so Legein is eligible to keep playing as long as the Crunch stay alive.
This should be interesting. Legein is known as a high-energy, loose cannon kind of guy, a Darcy Tucker kind of guy. In Syracuse, he'll join Zenon Konopka, Tom Sestito, Derek Dorsett, Jon Mirasty, etc., who love to play "confrontational" hockey.
Legein can get the other team's attention in multiple ways, though. That's why he was drafted in the second round. He missed 40 games this year because of shoulder surgery, but had 24-13-37 +12 in 30 games. In 10 playoff games with Niagara, he had 7-10-17 +6.
-- Aaron Portzline
aportzline@[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED]

Posted by Aaron Portzline on April 14, 2008 2:02 PM | Permalink (http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2008/04/legein_to_syracuse.shtml)

pup
04-19-2008, 11:24 AM
From blog.dispatch.com

Legein of Doom, Mohawk Nation, Cowboy Clint

SYRACUSE – Playing for one of minor league hockey’s toughest teams means knowing someone always has your back.
But running with this crazed pack in Syracuse comes with its bruising initiations, as well. On Friday morning, right wing Stefan Legein had to navigate through the “tunnel of pain” as Crunch coach Ross Yates called it.
At the end of morning skate, the players started whooping it up, pounding their sticks on the glass. Legein, the Blue Jackets’ second-round pick from 2007 draft, just joined the Crunch after his junior team, the Niagara IceDogs, was eliminated from the playoffs.
Legein was made to start at one end of the ice and skate between the boards and a single-file row of teammates. Needless to say, they didn’t take it easy on the new kid. Legien was body checked relentlessly as he wobbled his way through the mettle detector. The ritual played out in front of the Manitoba Moose, who were waiting to take the ice in advance of Friday night’s opening-round playoff game.
“At first I thought it might have been Legein’s birthday, but he said that was several months ago,” Yates said. “It was just an initiation.”
With the Crunch riding a 15-game winning streak – the second longest in the 72-year history of the AHL – the lineup is a tough one to crack. Yates will sit out Legein Friday night for Game 1.
-- One combination that has to excite Blue Jackets’ management is a line that includes Derick Brassard and Gilbert Brule. United four games ago, the two players developed instant chemistry. In fact, the duo scored on its first shift together against Lake Erie.
-- About 75 percent of the Crunch players are sporting Mohawks. The best-looking one belongs to forward Alex Picard. When captain Zenon Konopka asked players to get Mohawks as a sign of playoff unity, Picard decided to pay a barber $15 to handle the chore. “Zenon did some of the guys and they look good, but I kept hearing him say, ‘Ooops’ while he was cutting.”
-- The Crunch is a loose, loud-talking bunch. The players are filled with confidence heading into the playoffs. Remember, they authored this streak while many of their top players finished the NHL regular season in Columbus. The Crunch also has gone 23 games without losing in regulation.
-- It’s great to see goaltending coach Clint Malarchuk back on the job. He’s been here all week working with the guys in preparation for a Calder Cup run. Malarchuk was involved in a March 25 barroom scrap in Nashville. He acknowledged Friday that he was in a fight and he’s hoping to put it all behind him. No charges were filed.
Malarchuk is a key figure on the Jackets staff and his importance figures to grow. He’s developing a reputation as a terrific teacher having worked with Roberto Luongo and Pascal Leclaire. His next big project will be phenom Steve Mason, after the 19-year-old recuperates from arthroscopic knee surgery.
“He’s got great size and flexibility and you don’t always get that together,” Malarchuk said of Mason. “He’s also technically sound and mentally tough.”
Look for Malarchuk to spend a lot of time in Syracuse next season working with Mason. Injured Crunch goalie Dan LaCosta raves about Malarchuk’s tact with young goalies.
“He doesn’t force you to change your style like some goaltending coaches do,” LaCosta said. “He respects that everyone is a little different and he works to your strengths.”
One of Malarchuk’s greatest strengths is the bonds he forms with his goalies. He’s even building relations with 29-year-old career minor leaguer Karl Goehring, who will start Friday night in the Crunch’s playoff opener. Goehring will never play a game for the Blue Jackets, but Malarchuk doesn’t care. He has been telling the diminutive Goehring to watch tapes of Mike Vernon during his Stanley Cup runs with Calgary and Detroit for some inspiration.
“You have to develop a level of trust with your guys,” Malarchuk said. “If they can’t trust you, why would they listen to you?”

-- Quote of the day, courtesy of Duvie Westcott: "Zenon Konopka is the best captain I've ever played for. I've played under Adam Foote and Luke Richardson and Lyle Odelein and Zenon is the best -- and you can print that. Z has a great feel for leading a team and he really knows how to take its pulse."
Tom Reed
treed@[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED]

Posted by Tom Reed on April 18, 2008 1:05 PM | Permalink (http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2008/04/legein_of_doom_mohawk_nation_c.shtml)

billedog
04-19-2008, 12:26 PM
I hope his shoulder is ok after that!!!...ouch!

I.L.L.
04-19-2008, 01:42 PM
I hope his shoulder is ok after that!!!...ouch!

Wow! No kidding! That's some initiation! Stef can take it though!:boxing_smiley:

Casey
04-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Hahaha Ouch
Good thing he can take it

ashley
04-20-2008, 04:23 PM
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=360449&page=NewsPage&service=page

Kevy
04-21-2008, 02:36 PM
I was just browsing the AHL site and checked out the Syracuse roster. Looks like he'll be wearing #9
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/roster.php?team_id=324

I.L.L.
04-21-2008, 05:29 PM
I was just browsing the AHL site and checked out the Syracuse roster. Looks like he'll be wearing #9

Thanks for the info Kevy...that was my next stop but you beat me to it!:D

ItsGameTime
04-21-2008, 10:16 PM

Im pretty sure Stefan is right handed not left handed like that says

billedog
04-21-2008, 10:45 PM
He's righty

billedog
04-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 11:08AM

http://www.niagaraicedogs.net/modules/uploader/pnimg/news390x260/07_legein_ingame.jpg

Courtesy: Winnipeg Sun

Tue, April 22, 2008

Crunch coming off rare loss
By KEN WIEBE, SUN MEDIA

It's been so long since the Syracuse Crunch suffered an outright loss, naturally you wonder if they remember what it's like to have to bounce back.

Have no fear, despite amassing a record of 20-0-0-3 until Saturday's 3-2 overtime defeat and not losing outright since Feb. 18, the Crunch vow to not let the disappointment of seeing the streak go up in smoke have any impact on the Calder Cup playoff series against the Manitoba Moose.

"Nobody is happy after a loss, it doesn't matter what type of streak you are on," said Crunch head coach Ross Yates. "We were going to lose sooner or later. We weren't going to win 15 to end the regular season and then 16 playoff games. We knew it was going to happen. Now it's how we react. It's time to get back on the horse now and start a new one."

"The regular season was something else. In the playoffs, we started over," added Crunch forward Alexandre Picard.

"We knew this series wasn't going to go four games. It's going to be a long series."

The Crunch had a wrench thrown in their routine yesterday when only 15 equipment bags arrived after traveling in from Hamilton Sunday night.

"The biggest problem is that I didn't get my skates and I can't go on the ice," quipped Yates, noting the players that didn't get on the ice went for a workout. "You can't do anything about it. We've got to roll with the punches, I guess. There's no other choice."

Assistant coach Trent Cull put the Crunch players through the paces, but he had to do so in the skates of Columbus Blue Jackets goalie coach Clint Malarchuk.

For all of the animosity shown on the ice in the first two games, the Moose showed genuine class by providing sticks for those Crunch players who went on the ice for a skate.

Yates had no interest discussing any potential lineup changes, but it's expected youngster Stefan Legein will suit up before the series is over.

Defenceman Dan Smith, who missed the first two games with an injury, didn't accompany the Crunch to Winnipeg but he's expected to rejoin the team later in the week and could be an option for either Game 4 or 5.

Rookie blue-liner Andrei Plekhanov stayed back to deal with some visa issues, but those have been cleared up and he'll be in the lineup for Game 3.

Kevy
04-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Just checked the Crunch lineup for tonight, no Legein.

billedog
04-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Go Dogs Go

What'sUpDog
04-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks Leg for the great year. You certainly make things exciting.
I was very proud of you when I saw you holding the gold medal in your hand on the TV. I believe that most Niagara IceDog Fans felt the same way. I also think that you catch pie pretty darn good. You held your head high when you were hurt and I never saw you around the arena with out someone asking for your autograph or talking to the kids.
Until the playoffs were here I never saw how good you really were. Thats when I saw the Stefan Legein that made Team Canada come alive. You have an ability to take your game to the next level when other players are maxed out. That is the reason that you were drafted by Columbus. I loved to watch you play with intensity for the Niagara IceDogs and would of hated to have you play against us.
Lets all remember one thing. Niagara IceDogs first goal was scored by number 7. Stefan Legein. Friday September 21, 2007
Good luck in the SHOW

rowdi29
04-23-2008, 04:11 PM
You have to be careful what you hear from any habs fan...lol

Kevy
04-23-2008, 04:52 PM

Especially if that habs fan is right. They'll start smashing things, starting random fires, and looting!

I.L.L.
04-23-2008, 05:17 PM

You're just bitter, GO LEAFS GO!! lol!

billedog
04-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Go Lege Go

I.L.L.
04-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Are you sure thats public knowledge and not something that should be on the down low until reported. I have to wonder what they would say about reading that in a public forum...

You gonna tell everyone that quoted me to delete their posts that quoted my evil information? Just wondering.....sorry if I offended you..why would she tell someone she barely knows and also post it beside her name on Facebook, the most public forum there is right now? Are you related to him or something cause you sure do get your back up about him? I'm a huge fan of his too, so please stop trying to start fights with everyone that basically speaks his name...

billedog
04-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Go Dogs Go

I.L.L.
04-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Actually FB is not the most public forum there is as profiles are often sset to only be viewable to those that are within ones circle of friends. Not trying to start arguements with anyone...I just think discretion would be wise and I'm sure that the billets would like to be aware of their comments posted so publically...on the contrary to your suggestion I'm only thinking that you may not want to offend the billet. As I indicated earlier, there has been no formal announcement that I'm aware of.

Good point sorry...guess I wasn't thinking there was anything wrong with it cause I saw a lot of posts on here about Luca leaving before it was official etc...I apologize if I offended.

Domn8r
04-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks Leg for the great year. You certainly make things exciting.
I was very proud of you when I saw you holding the gold medal in your hand on the TV. I believe that most Niagara IceDog Fans felt the same way. I also think that you catch pie pretty darn good. You held your head high when you were hurt and I never saw you around the arena with out someone asking for your autograph or talking to the kids.
Until the playoffs were here I never saw how good you really were. Thats when I saw the Stefan Legein that made Team Canada come alive. You have an ability to take your game to the next level when other players are maxed out. That is the reason that you were drafted by Columbus. I loved to watch you play with intensity for the Niagara IceDogs and would of hated to have you play against us.
Lets all remember one thing. Niagara IceDogs first goal was scored by number 7. Stefan Legein. Friday September 21, 2007
Good luck in the SHOW
Excellent comments!!! Couldnt have said it any better. That's why Lege is my favourite player!

skatee
04-24-2008, 11:27 PM
No legein? but apparently three juniors for camp purposes
from tsn.ca:

Hockey Canada made more additions to its world championship roster today, adding a blend of youth and experience, depth and front-line firepower.
Ten additional players, including two alternates, were named by general manager Steve Yzerman, bolstering a lineup that was already stacked with the likes of Rick Nash, Martin St. Louis, Eric Staal and Shane Doan.
The ten players are goaltender Mathieu Garon, defencemen Brent Burns, Ed Jovanovski and Dan Hamhuis and forwards Ryan Getzlaf, Dany Heatley, Chris Kunitz and Jason Spezza. The two Team Canada alternates are defenceman Mark Giordano and forward Sam Gagner.
Hockey Canada also announced that three players from the National Junior Team that competed at the 2007 Super Series, defenceman Logan Pyett and forwards Cory Emmerton and Kyle Turris, will join Team Canada for training camp purposes only.
Heatley has scored 141 goals in the last three years with the Ottawa Senators and Team Canada will be looking for him to provide that kind of scoring punch in the IIHF tournament, which starts May 2 in Quebec City and Halifax.
He should be helped in that pursuit by his Senators linemate, Spezza, who set a career high with 92 points this season.
Kunitz has been a solid player for Anaheim for the last three seasons, scoring 65 goals in that span with a +50 rating.
Jovanovski is coming off a career year on the Coyotes' blueline, scoring a career-high 51 points. He is a Team Canada veteran with an Olympic gold medal in 2002 on his resume.
Getzlaf and Burns are emerging young players looking to make an impact on the national team. Getzlaf scored 82 points this season with the Ducks, his third in the NHL, and had a +32 rating. Both totals were tops on Anaheim.
Also in his third NHL season, Burns set career-highs with 15 goals and 28 points playing defence for the Minnesota Wild.
Garon rounds out Canada's goaltending trio with Cam Ward and Pascal Leclaire. He was 26-18-1 with the Oilers this season.
The team expects to announce an additional defencemen in the coming days. Dion Phaneauf turned down the opportunity to join the team and will be replaced by Hamhuis on the blueline.

Domn8r
04-25-2008, 10:43 AM
I also noticed that article online on TSN, skatee. Noticed they mentioned those 3 kids being invited but won't play.

I also heard some rumblings about Legein going as well. I was hoping this was true. I have looked frantically online for info on Team Canada's roster for the Worlds and to see if Legein was invited.

I dont think Legein will be going since he is owned by Columbus and they have plans for him. They need him in Syracuse and ultimately, Columbus has the last say. I heard Legein will play in their playoff series for Syracuse.

Its good to talk about Legein on here but sometimes things/rumours/hearsay gets twisted a bit and people jump on it too quickly before the true facts come out. If anyone hears about Legein getting into a playoff game please leave a post.

I.L.L.
04-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I also noticed that article online on TSN, skatee. Noticed they mentioned those 3 kids being invited but won't play.

I also heard some rumblings about Legein going as well. I was hoping this was true. I have looked frantically online for info on Team Canada's roster for the Worlds and to see if Legein was invited.

I dont think Legein will be going since he is owned by Columbus and they have plans for him. They need him in Syracuse and ultimately, Columbus has the last say. I heard Legein will play in their playoff series for Syracuse.

Its good to talk about Legein on here but sometimes things/rumours/hearsay gets twisted a bit and people jump on it too quickly before the true facts come out. If anyone hears about Legein getting into a playoff game please leave a post.

Agreed! If I hear anything else about Legein, I'll keep it to myself unless it is official. I've been following the AHL playoffs and Syracuse plays tonight. If he is on the game sheet, I'll post that. I'll probably be listening to the audio broadcast of the game along with the Wilkes-Barre Scranton broadcast..

I.L.L.
04-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Columbus wants him around for the playoffs, just in case...great for him! Hope he gets some ice time!

I.L.L.
04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Stefan isn't dressed tonight...:(

I.L.L.
04-25-2008, 09:04 PM
1-0 Syracuse with 5:11 left in the 1st..

I.L.L.
04-25-2008, 09:28 PM
1-1 end of 1st

Kevy
04-26-2008, 08:49 PM
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1004704

He's in the lineup tonight for his first AHL game.

I.L.L.
04-26-2008, 08:51 PM
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1004704

He's in the lineup tonight for his first AHL game.

Yes he is! WOO go Stefan!

IceDogs5
04-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Excellent! Good luck to him.

three dog night
04-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Great to hear that he is the lineup maybe he can score a goal like Luca did last night

billedog
04-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Syracuse wins in OT. Lege had a shot on net. By to home ice on Monday. Good luck to Lege (#9) and the rest of the mohawk sporting Crunch!

skatee
04-28-2008, 07:40 PM
crunch if they win tonight face the winner of the san antonio and toronto series
toronto lost sunday but could have sealed it and now face off in game 7 against the rampage
so you legein fans, should the marlies win and crunch win (ive probably jinxed them now), can see stefan within a short drive away
the marlies can use fans
1789 sunday afternoon for a game.. ouch.

I.L.L.
04-28-2008, 08:04 PM
crunch if they win tonight face the winner of the san antonio and toronto series
toronto lost sunday but could have sealed it and now face off in game 7 against the rampage
so you legein fans, should the marlies win and crunch win (ive probably jinxed them now), can see stefan within a short drive away
the marlies can use fans
1789 sunday afternoon for a game.. ouch.

Count me in if they win the series!

Stef's in the lineup tonight too! no score so far, beginning of 2nd

I.L.L.
04-28-2008, 08:45 PM
1-1 end of 2nd

I.L.L.
04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Both teams capped off their respective series tonight which means they will be playing each other in the North Division final!

Looks like a road trip is in order!

IceDogs5
04-28-2008, 10:18 PM
As much as I loved watching Legein play for the Dogs...I have to stay true to my blue blood and pull for the Marlies. Leafs fan here, so my loyalty lies with the team first. Let's go Marlies! :thumbsup:

I.L.L.
04-28-2008, 10:27 PM
As much as I loved watching Legein play for the Dogs...I have to stay true to my blue blood and pull for the Marlies. Leafs fan here, so my loyalty lies with the team first. Let's go Marlies! :thumbsup:

I can understand that! Habs fan here...Let's go Crunch! lol!

NightHawk2810
04-28-2008, 10:40 PM
we can just say GO Dogs GO lol

I.L.L.
04-28-2008, 11:08 PM
we can just say GO Dogs GO lol

That's a better idea!

I.L.L.
04-29-2008, 01:42 AM
Crunch Announce Dates of North Division Finals

Syracuse, NY (April 29, 2008) – The Syracuse Crunch announced today that the American Hockey League has released the following schedule for the North Division Finals of the 2008 Calder Cup Playoffs.

The Crunch’s North Division Finals schedule is as follows:

Game 1 Friday, May 2 Syracuse @[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED] Toronto 7:30 p.m.
Game 2 Sunday, May 4 Syracuse @[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED] Toronto 4:00 p.m.
Game 3 Tuesday, May 6 Toronto @[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED] Syracuse 7:00 p.m.
Game 4 Wednesday, May 7 Toronto @[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED] Syracuse 7:00 p.m.
*Game 5 Friday, May 9 Syracuse @[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED] Toronto 7:30 p.m.
*Game 6 Saturday, May 10 Toronto @[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED] Syracuse 7:30 p.m.
*Game 7 Monday, May 12 Syracuse @[NO EMAIL POSTING ALLOWED] Toronto 7:30 p.m.

Visit us online at http://www.syracusecrunch.com (http://www.syracusecrunch.com/)

RioBravo
04-29-2008, 07:45 AM
I would love to make it out to a game to see Stef but I just dont have the money.

brendan_435
04-29-2008, 12:32 PM
how much are tickets
id be interested in going to game 5(i getpaid that day)
if someone is going,
give me a shout

three dog night
04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
It will really be something if a bunch of Ice Dog fans wearing there sweater show up in Toronto.Or too bad they cannot switch one game here at the Jack i will bet the arena will be packed.

NightHawk2810
04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
They are $14 to $42 top price . we be in good hands sitting with Crunch fans lol

robertdicks
04-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Legein will be back as the marlies were able to defeat san antonio while Syracuse was able to come up with a series win as well. Just wonderin if anyone is planning on taking a drive up to toronto to see him.. anyways lets hope he represents us well

ADOGFAN
04-29-2008, 05:59 PM
We went to the Marlies game 7 last night Laura Leigh sang the national anthem We will probably be going on Friday night There is no gaurantee Legin will play on Friday

skatee
04-29-2008, 06:39 PM
It will really be something if a bunch of Ice Dog fans wearing there sweater show up in Toronto.Or too bad they cannot switch one game here at the Jack i will bet the arena will be packed.

they might actually sell out instead of getting 1700 fans :P

Quizzer83
04-29-2008, 08:09 PM
When are the series dates?

I.L.L.
04-29-2008, 08:09 PM
When are the series dates?

go back a few posts. I posted them there

brendan_435
02-02-2009, 03:33 AM
well. i'm bringing this thread back to life
so far he's played 2 games this season. still no points, but good to see him lacing up the skates again

ADOGFAN
02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
He is out six weeks with a broken finger I think another four to go He was supposed to play the Marlies in Toronto this Saturday He is not going to make the trip He is staying in Syracuse working out Dahm should be in Toronto maybe he might be playing

gord
03-29-2009, 03:05 AM
Three Stars
1. SYR - 12 Michael Blunden
2. SYR - 90 Nikita Filatov
3. SYR - 26 Stefan Legein Gets his first goal

AlphaDog
03-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Three Stars
1. SYR - 12 Michael Blunden
2. SYR - 90 Nikita Filatov
3. SYR - 26 Stefan Legein Gets his first goal

Congratulations Stef !!! Sometimes that first one is the hardest of all. Hopefully there's lots more to come.

Passionforhockey
03-29-2009, 11:21 AM
way to go legein!

Canuck311
03-30-2009, 10:06 AM
Kinda hard to get any points with the ice time he gets and the guys he plays with...

bulldog
03-30-2009, 10:22 AM
I have checked out the Crunch website a couple of times and they have Stef. listed on their roster he is never listed on a game sheet . I heard that he has scored but again it is not listed in the boxscores.

gord
03-30-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.syracusecrunch.com/News/Detail/2370

bulldog
03-30-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.syracusecrunch.com/News/Detail/2370

Thats the site I use. Stef. is not in any of the boxscores. I did notice that Dahm is back to the Crunch.

habsfan
03-30-2009, 04:07 PM
I have checked out the Crunch website a couple of times and they have Stef. listed on their roster he is never listed on a game sheet . I heard that he has scored but again it is not listed in the boxscores.

Check the official AHL site for boxscores... Here's the one from Legein's first goal...

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1005835