PDA

View Full Version : Secretive Devils

Swifty14
08-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Does anyone have any information on Swifty at the New Jersey camp? They have got to be the most secretive team regarding their camps. I can not find anything on them or Swifty, if someone knows something could they please inform me. Thank you very much

ItsGameTime
08-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I found these on their website...

ncwalker
08-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Thanks. Great to see Mikey!

hugefan14
08-08-2008, 10:56 AM
thanks for the pics...great to see..go Swifty.

ashley
08-21-2008, 11:50 PM
http://devils.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=MediaGalleryPlayer&galleryId=6839

this has a lot of pictures of corrente and a few of swift..

Kevy
08-22-2008, 12:19 AM
There's a good one of Kory Nagy in there too...just thought I'd throw that out there :D

AlphaDog
08-22-2008, 12:46 AM
Go Swifty Go!!!

I.L.L.
08-22-2008, 09:07 AM
There's a good one of Kory Nagy in there too...just thought I'd throw that out there :D

Kory rocks....I know he's a Gen but he really is awesome:blink:

strohs
08-23-2008, 08:12 AM
found this on a great hockey prospect source, www.hockeysfuture.com (http://www.hockeysfuture.com)

Michael Swift (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/michael_swift), C - Niagara Ice Dogs
Acquired: Signed as free agent, April 2008

Tthe Devils recently signed diminutive 5’9, 165 lb Niagara Ice Dog overage center Michael Swift (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/michael_swift) to an NHL contract. Coming off a 38-goal, 52-assist season that placed him firmly among the OHL’s top 10 scorers with 100 points, those numbers earned Swift the OHL overage player of the year award. In 10 playoff games, Swift continued to score at a feverish clip, putting up nine goals and nine assists before Niagara was eliminated in the second round of the OHL’s post-season.

Swift shows great passion and intensity for an undersized player, and is more than willing to play a little rough and get his nose dirty as evidenced by his 130 PIM’s in the regular season. As is the case with the majority of smaller players, Swift has above average speed. He has good vision in the offensive zone and also owns a strong and accurate wrist shot. Swift is also responsible defensively, as evidenced by his +36 rating during the regular season. He back checks hard, and is a very effective penalty killer. In the regular season and playoffs combined, he tailed an impressive seven shorthanded goals.

The Devils were able to get a good read on Swift’s potential while monitoring the progress of Corrente, and thus were likely also able to get a bit of an inside track on signing him before other NHL teams got a chance to. While it’s obvious that Swift will have to bulk up to help overcome his small stature at the next level, the Devils are not very deep at the center ice position in the organization, so he stands a good chance to potentially move through the system quickly if he’s able to adapt well to the pro game in the AHL (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/ahl) next season.

DogFan
08-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Great site, strohs. I decided to look up other IceDog players and I found this on Luca. If it's true, we could all be very happy.

Future: Caputi will get invited to Penguins training camp and be given an opportunity to compete for a spot on the NHL roster. If he does not make the Penguins NHL roster he will return to the OHL.

I know it's a lot to hope for but, you never know. If they like the way the Dogs are developing him and they think he'll get better ice time in Niagara, the Pens just may send him back. I know it's a longshot but that would really make the OA situation interesting.

ItsGameTime
08-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Great site, strohs. I decided to look up other IceDog players and I found this on Luca. If it's true, we could all be very happy.

Future: Caputi will get invited to Penguins training camp and be given an opportunity to compete for a spot on the NHL roster. If he does not make the Penguins NHL roster he will return to the OHL.

I know it's a lot to hope for but, you never know. If they like the way the Dogs are developing him and they think he'll get better ice time in Niagara, the Pens just may send him back. I know it's a longshot but that would really make the OA situation interesting.

If he doesn't make the NHL he'll be in the AHL

I.L.L.
08-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I agree with IGT...Luca will play in Wilkes-Barre before he returns to the OHL

AlphaDog
08-23-2008, 05:03 PM

That would be AMAZING (either way!) Great for him to make the big team, great for I.L.L. to watch him for another year :thumbup:

skatee
08-24-2008, 10:34 AM
caputi had success in the AHL playoffs. which im sure had huge pressure to it. he will succeed in the A if he doesnt make it to the big club - dfefinitely dont see him returning

Phil Margonis
08-24-2008, 12:53 PM
i agree skatee.. no way he's back in the o this season. he's proved all he needs to at the junior level

strohs
08-24-2008, 04:50 PM
That website is an excellent resource to see what fairly knowledgeable people know about hockey prospects...I am at that site quite frequently.

Ya, Caputi is definitely not coming back, that is a no-brainer...was nice to see him play here this past season though...great player.

Kevy
08-24-2008, 05:09 PM
You'll still be able to see him though. When he comes to Hamilton, Toronto, or Buffalo. Depending on his camp.

B-Rad
09-01-2008, 03:56 PM
I'd love to see him back, but he'll likely be assigned to the AHL and will thrive there

brendan_435
09-01-2008, 08:14 PM
This is merely a rumour, but i heard that caputi was more or less a shoe in for the 4th line in pittsburgh, but as opposed to him getting meagre playing time, they're gonna keep him in Wilksebure-scranton to allow him to get playing time. Don't be surprised to see him dress the first 9 games though.

ncwalker
09-15-2008, 10:58 PM
He's earned a spot in the bigs. Anybody who can get dropped into a AHL playoff series and score a couple is definitely ready to move up. Kudos to the Ice Dogs coaching staff. They really helped him develop his game last year. We should be proud of him and how he is making the most of his opportunity.
:thumbsup:

Passionforhockey
09-16-2008, 02:03 AM
all i will say is luca is going to have a great year for the pens.... in wilkes barre

dogpound
09-16-2008, 10:57 AM
I agree with IGT...Luca will play in Wilkes-Barre before he returns to the OHL
how old is he?

brendan_435
09-16-2008, 11:00 AM
i believe hes an 89...

dogpound
09-16-2008, 11:03 AM
ya he'll be in the A this year really wish i could of met him before he went should of got season tickets last year

61jr
09-16-2008, 11:03 AM
October 1988