PDA

View Full Version : sisca

Phil Margonis
11-26-2009, 11:02 AM
There were some curious happenings regarding Matt Sisca yesterday at practice. Sisca started on the ice but was then called off the ice by head coach/general manager Jason Brooks. He did not return and Brooks made no comment after practice.

http://news.guelphmercury.com/Sports/article/566715

no idea what happened there

i will say Sisca is a brutal -17 which is tied for worst in the league

IceDogArmy
11-26-2009, 03:45 PM
rumour on thenoof.com that he's going to the Fronts for Doherty

Phil Margonis
11-26-2009, 05:07 PM
i can't see that trade being true. Sisca brought the Dogs slow Dylan Wood and a draft pick i believe. since then his stock has gone down if anything and now he's traded for an NHL drafted d-man? can't see kingston doing that one

hockey123
11-26-2009, 06:37 PM
It is Kingston so you never know, but I can't see them doing this deal straight up. Kingston already has a better and younger version of Sisca in Quine. I guess you can never have enough "gritty" forwards. Doherty would look nice on the Dogs back end, although I think they would be smarter to look at 92's and 93's if they are going to add pieces.

Phil Margonis
11-26-2009, 08:46 PM
I guess you can never have enough "gritty" forwards

lol well said

Passionforhockey
11-27-2009, 07:34 AM
man guelph is in tough in terms of injuries

three dog night
11-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Sisca i understand refused a trade with Kingston earlier when he was memember of our team I heard he was going thru personal issues the big question is the collapse in Guelph they looked good earlier in the season

jblayze
12-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Sisca AMJ Player Of The Week (http://www.hockeyprospect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15310:sisca-amj-player-of-the-week&catid=89:ohl-news&Itemid=100030) <table class="contentpaneopen"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" class="createdate" valign="top"> Monday, 30 November 2009 03:51 </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top"> November 30, 2009 - Ontario Hockey League (OHL) (http://www.oursportscentral.com/sports/?l_id=111) Guelph Storm (http://www.oursportscentral.com/sports/?t_id=1305)
http://www.oursportscentral.com/images/teams/ohlgustorm.gif(GUELPH) The Guelph Storm announced today that forward Mathew Sisca is the AMJ Player of the Week for the week ending Sunday, November 29th.Sisca played his best hockey of the season last week picking up five points in three games. Held off the scoresheet Friday against the Otters, Sisca tallied once and assisted on two others Saturday in the Storm's 7-4 win over the Rangers. Travelling to Mississauga on Sunday, the Woodbridge native was the only Storm player to record a multiple point game scoring once and setting up Tim Campbell on another in the 4-2 loss to the Majors. A +2 on the weekend, the 19 year old played well at both ends helping his team pick up three points.
Sisca currently sits tied with captain Matt Kennedy for fifth in team scoring recording 16 points in 27 games. Scoring nine times so far this season, he is tied for third in team goals with Michael Latta. His four powerplay goals rank him third on the Storm when scoring with the man advantage. He has recorded four multiple games so far this season with two of them coming this past weekend.
Next up, the Storm start December on the road with a game at the John Labatt Centre in London against the Knights on Friday before hosting the Kitchener Rangers for the second time in a week on Sunday afternoon. Game time is 2:00 pm at the Sleeman Centre. Tickets are still available and can be purchased online or by visiting or calling the Guelph Storm Box Office at 519-837-9690.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

three dog night
12-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Maybe we can get him back lol

dogbone15
12-01-2009, 05:37 PM
What did we even get for him?
Was that the Dylan Wood trade??
Cause hmmm..

61jr
12-01-2009, 05:41 PM
We received a 2nd Round Pick in next year's draft and Dylan Wood (just remember, teams can not trade 1st round picks)

123 G!
12-01-2009, 05:56 PM
...was player of the week for his own team...the Storm...not the OHL.

And if you recall only days before he was apparently wanting out of Guelph. So why don't we all just wait and see how things play out and then comment on everything that is allegedly happening with the IceDogs.

jblayze
12-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Didn't say it was for the OHL..

I was just pointing out things must not be that bad for him as was the main topic of this post.

I don't think we need him back but, could have used him this year as Wood is sent down.

We'll see if it was worth it when we get that second round pick.

Dog Party
12-01-2009, 06:49 PM
I don't miss his "gritty" style or his -15 and I don't think the team does either.

three dog night
12-01-2009, 11:48 PM
I think the Icedogs may recall Wood esp if we loose chris or jay

AlphaDog
12-02-2009, 02:25 AM
I don't miss his "gritty" style.

Hehe.. he's never going to live that quote down is he.

:)

Phil Margonis
12-19-2009, 05:10 PM
sisca 4 goals today. 2nd time this month he's scored 4 in a game. he's got 12 this month and 21 on the season now

AlphaDog
12-19-2009, 06:09 PM
sisca 4 goals today. 2nd time this month he's scored 4 in a game. he's got 12 this month and 21 on the season now

Oh no!!! I'm mean... good for Sisca. That rough grinder that he is :rolleyes: But it's always hard to see a former player doing great when that could have been here. Good for him though.