PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Signs With Blackhawks

61jr
01-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Former Icedog Andrew Shaw has agreed to a three-year entry level contract with the Blackhawks.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=609642

AlphaDog
01-03-2012, 01:31 PM
One guy I'd have loved to have seen stay here. :(

61jr
01-03-2012, 07:11 PM
An update -- he has just been called up by the Blackhawks and on Thursday night in Philadelphia will join Luca Caputi and Alex Pietrangelo as former Niagara Icedogs to play in the NHL.

Congratulation Andrew

hockey123
01-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Corrente has played as well.

three dog night
01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Congrats to Shaw prob one of my favourite Icedogs when he played here

hockeyfan
01-04-2012, 05:28 PM
An update -- he has just been called up by the Blackhawks and on Thursday night in Philadelphia will join Luca Caputi and Alex Pietrangelo as former Niagara Icedogs to play in the NHL.

Congratulation Andrew

Great news for one of my favourites to watch!

fishfan51
01-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Shaw just got busted wide open by Rinaldo.

dirtykife
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM
http://youtu.be/3QIsYUZCwTg

shaw fight

habsfan
01-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Looks like he might have been cut when his forehead hit the ice, then kept fighting. At least that's what I want to believe

Congrats to Shaw on making it to the Show!

123 G!
01-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Shaw scored too!

three dog night
01-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Nice to hear Shaw scored tonight the Hawks are on TSN Two Sunday night when they host the Wings I hope Shaw plays in that game

strohs
01-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Looks like he might have been cut when his forehead hit the ice, then kept fighting. At least that's what I want to believe

Congrats to Shaw on making it to the Show!

I would say he was cut by a punch, as there was blood pouring out of him and you could see it splattered on the ice before he hits the ice. Rinaldo beat him up convincingly IMHO.

strohs
01-05-2012, 11:35 PM
I watched the whole Hawks/Flyers game tonight on Centre Ice as I watch all Flyers games. I was excited to watch Shaw play, and he had one heckuva game. Wearing #65, he played most of the night on the #1 line, with Toews and Sharp, except for the third period where he had some shifts with Kane and Hossa. He saw spot duty on the PK.

He had an excellent game, in fact, the CHI-town broadcasters named him the Hawks player of the game. I would say he was one of the better Hawks in the game.

With one goal, and one fight, and probably 4 decent hits. On his goal he really made vet Kimmo Timonen look really badly, he stepped around him after coming out from behind the net untouched, and then buried it behind Bryzgaglov. Timonen may have been hurt on the play, in his defense, as he did not play the remainder of the game after that goal.

He had several chances for an assist, and the coveted "Gordie Howe Hattrick", however, his teammates failed to capitalize on opportunities.

He also had at least one other good scoring chance on a wraparound which Bryzgaglov stopped.

All in all, an excellent debut for one of my favorite Icedogs...he did not look out of place at all in the NHL, good to see for Andrew, who always appeared to be a hard-working physical kid with a soft set of mitts.

The broadcasters said he brought down a bus load of fans from Belleville for the game.

Truly a night to remember for Shaw. I am very happy for him, unbelievable story really, passed over in his draft year, wins the OHL championship, is a late 5th round draft choice, and midway through the NHL season he plays his first game and scores his first goal.
:thumbsup:

AlphaDog
01-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Andrew Shaw vs. Zac Rinaldo - YouTube

AlphaDog
01-06-2012, 12:15 PM
I would say he was cut by a punch, as there was blood pouring out of him and you could see it splattered on the ice before he hits the ice. Rinaldo beat him up convincingly IMHO.

It was that first punch by Rinaldo. Came sweeping down and just caught Shaw on the corner of the eye. Shaw probably didn't even feel it and it looked a lot worse that it was. Rinaldo sure was swinging fast though. Although I think that glancing blow was the only one that might have landed. But he kept going so fast that it kept Shaw from ever getting positioned at all.

Luke_Perry
01-06-2012, 04:43 PM
where is this link to the goal?

im in awe.... i love that kid! I new he would make it!

61jr
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
http://video.blackhawks.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=0&id=147494

gord
01-23-2012, 04:10 PM
7 points in 10 games,5 goals and 1 winner,going to be hard to send him back down.