Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2019 Playoffs - Round 2 - Conference Semi-Finals (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11015)

Blacksox 04-05-2019 11:41 PM

ECSF Game One | Post-Game with Head Coach Billy Burke

ECSF Game One | Post-Game with Drew Hunter and Jason Robertson

IceDogs top Generals in overtime
By Bill Potrecz
https://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/icedo...s-in-overtime/

Burke said both forwards are listed as day-to-day. Well be seeing both those guys in the series, the sooner the better. Hopefully, well get them back for Sunday but its about the 20 guys who are dressed and about getting the job done.

TwoPadStack 04-05-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipperdog (Post 126577)
Yeah he could be MVP in the Memorial Cup and you would probably still criticize him...lol

Are you criticizing me?

three dog night 04-06-2019 12:05 AM

Nice first game win what a move by Robertson for the winner plus big penalties kill in period two.

Chipperdog 04-06-2019 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoPadStack (Post 126579)
Are you criticizing me?

Notice the lol at the end of my comment? I was poking fun at you like you did to me with your comment...lol....Go Dogs

strohs 04-06-2019 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 G! (Post 126568)
Lost as well tonight is the play of Ivan Lodnia who assisted on all 3 Dogs goals.

Lodnia was great ... he has been very good in the playoffs and has clearly recovered from whatever injury he suffered in the second half of the season ....he’s a pleasure to watch play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OlDawg 04-06-2019 07:17 AM

[quote=strohs;126554]I will give credit where credit is due

Dhillon made some huge stops tonight

Jury out on the first one cuz I didn’t get a good look at it, it was at the wrong end of the arena for me

The second one was a beauty backhander top shelf where daddy keeps the girlie magazines.

He made a couple huge stops on the two
Man PK, another huge glove save on a short handed breakaway rebound chance, and a large save in OT just before the Dogs scored in OT.

Who the F picks the stars in the arena ? Dhillon gets a star over Keyser ? What a joke

Gritty win ... only eleven more left to go .... the Vault was rocking tonight ....

GDG

Keyser is the main reason we even had OT!!!:duh:

retired/sectionJ 04-06-2019 07:28 AM

[quote=OlDawg;126583]
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 126554)
I will give credit where credit is due

Dhillon made some huge stops tonight

Jury out on the first one cuz I didn’t get a good look at it, it was at the wrong end of the arena for me

The second one was a beauty backhander top shelf where daddy keeps the girlie magazines.

He made a couple huge stops on the two
Man PK, another huge glove save on a short handed breakaway rebound chance, and a large save in OT just before the Dogs scored in OT.

Who the F picks the stars in the arena ? Dhillon gets a star over Keyser ? What a joke

Gritty win ... only eleven more left to go .... the Vault was rocking tonight ....

GDG

Keyser is the main reason we even had OT!!!:duh:

I totally agree about the 3 star players being a joke. All three stars were Niagara players, really? Give me a break.

If not for Keyser, that game would have been over in the 1st period.

Great game last night but somewhat hard on our blood pressure though.

Burke stated that Thomas and Maksi were day to day. I call BS on that statement. His day to day are more like week to week.

I was a supporter of his and thought he deserved a chance. However, he lost my support in the last minute of the North Bay game when he allowed Thomas to go on the ice and the result was Thomas being a spectator last night.
Not to disrespect our 3rd and 4th line, but, that was the time to have them out there. Coaching with your heart rather than your head seldom works Billy!!

End of rant on the Burke thing and game 2 tomorrow and go up 2-0

Go Dogs Go!!

NiceDawg 04-06-2019 07:34 AM

The player owns some of that as well. For being one of the proportionally "lightest" players on the ice, he chirps like he is a heavy-weight. Keep your head on a swivel play a professional game and move on in the series.

fishfan51 04-06-2019 08:05 AM

Burke said both forwards are listed as day-to-day. Well be seeing both those guys in the series, the sooner the better. Hopefully, well get them back for Sunday but its about the 20 guys who are dressed and about getting the job done.[/quote]

Maksimov was sitting in the top of my section last night. When a buddy of mine asked him about his status, he said he hasnt returned to skating yet but will next week. FWIW... he said the same thing last week.

Did anyone see Thomas in the building last night?

Guess the Facebook girl can no longer be used as a source.

Blacksox 04-06-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfan51 (Post 126586)
Burke said both forwards are listed as day-to-day. “We’ll be seeing both those guys in the series, the sooner the better. Hopefully, we’ll get them back for Sunday but it’s about the 20 guys who are dressed and about getting the job done.”

Maksimov was sitting in the top of my section last night. When a buddy of mine asked him about his status, he said he hasn’t returned to skating yet but will next week. FWIW... he said the same thing last week.

Did anyone see Thomas in the building last night?

Guess the Facebook girl can no longer be used as a source.[/quote]

fb girl is a terrible source!!!

Not likely that Maksimov is a game time decision as they are reporting (although I wish is were true) - he has remained fairly consistent with his answers. Last week, he told me 2 or 3 weeks, this week he replied 1 or 2 weeks.

Thomas has been out a week since that hit - and was unable to return to action last night, so one would have to assume the injury was not a minor injury but one that is fairly serious. I doubt we see him for another week - which brings us to game 5 of the series, hopefully.