Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   REBUILDING THE ICE DOGS (PLAYER SIGNINGS) (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11040)

g_squad 06-03-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 128333)

What are they going to do with all of the goaltenders that they have signed?

- Rosenzweig ('03)
- Tynan ('02)
- Sbaraglia ('01)
- McGrath ('99)

Did I miss any? Were Eberhardt ('00) or Imperio ('02) signed? Kraws ('00) and Borgiel ('00) have been no shows at training camps to this point.

Do they release / trade (for a bag of used jockstraps) McGrath?

I guess Training Camp will be a battle for the crease and the BUG positions.

dogs777 06-03-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g_squad (Post 128334)
What are they going to do with all of the goaltenders that they have signed?

- Rosenzweig ('03)
- Tynan ('02)
- Sbaraglia ('01)
- McGrath ('99)

Did I miss any? Were Eberhardt ('00) or Imperio ('02) signed? Kraws ('00) and Borgiel ('00) have been no shows at training camps to this point.

Do they release / trade (for a bag of used jockstraps) McGrath?

I guess Training Camp will be a battle for the crease and the BUG positions.

Iíd take McGrath out of the situation and then figure out what you want to do from there I think itíll be tyan and Sbaraglia splitting the net this year and let Rosenzweig be a starter somewhere for the year

retired/sectionJ 06-03-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 128335)
Iíd take McGrath out of the situation and then figure out what you want to do from there I think itíll be tyan and Sbaraglia splitting the net this year and let Rosenzweig be a starter somewhere for the year

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.
The only part about your plan that somewhat bothers me about going with two young goalies, that it does not always work out.
I remember when they decided to go with John Cullen and Mark Visentin. That experiment did not work out too well
They brought in, I believe Jeremy Smith to stop the bleeding and Cullen was eventually traded to Sarnia (I think)

dogs77 06-03-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 128336)
The only part about your plan that somewhat bothers me about going with two young goalies, that it does not always work out.
I remember when they decided to go with John Cullen and Mark Visentin. That experiment did not work out too well
They brought in, I believe Jeremy Smith to stop the bleeding and Cullen was eventually traded to Sarnia (I think)

A worth while risk in a rebuild... we all knew itvwas goig to be a complete rebuild from the crease on out

dogs777 06-03-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 128336)

If for some reason it goes extremely wrong you can find some older goalie thatís a FA but in a rebuild year Iíd still go 2 younger guys and at least 2 OA d to play with each of the kids

Dogs Enthusiast 104 06-03-2019 06:43 PM

Doesn't McGrath give us the best chance to win some tough games next year?

I say keep him and cycle a couple of the youngsters as back up. Let them start a few just to see what we have.

Clearly I have not completely given up squeaking into the playoffs. Which I think is important for a young team to experience.

dogs777 06-03-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 128339)

I say keep him and cycle a couple of the youngsters as back up. Let them start a few just to see what we have.

Clearly I have not completely given up squeaking into the playoffs. Which I think is important for a young team to experience.

I havenít given up hope weíll get into the playoffs but I donít know if McGrath would be that great of a starter just look at his numbers in Sudbury and how he was just ok when he played for us

Dogs Enthusiast 104 06-03-2019 07:31 PM

He is a year older now. We might get lucky with one of the young guys. But I feel he gives us a decent chance. If he has no improvement then we have some options.

strohs 06-03-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Unless they change the OA rules exempting a goalie or increasing the number it makes absolutely zero sense to keep McGrath as an OA

Some on here will take that as a negative comment LMFAO. I tend to think it’s common sense ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiceDawg 06-04-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

I am personally not all that concerned about this upcoming season. I would rather release McGrath for picks and play the rookies in hopes one emerges as a legitimate starter. I could care less about the playoffs this time around.