Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   REBUILDING THE ICE DOGS (PLAYER SIGNINGS) (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11040)

g_squad 06-03-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 128333)

What are they going to do with all of the goaltenders that they have signed?

- Rosenzweig ('03)
- Tynan ('02)
- Sbaraglia ('01)
- McGrath ('99)

Did I miss any? Were Eberhardt ('00) or Imperio ('02) signed? Kraws ('00) and Borgiel ('00) have been no shows at training camps to this point.

Do they release / trade (for a bag of used jockstraps) McGrath?

I guess Training Camp will be a battle for the crease and the BUG positions.

dogs777 06-03-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g_squad (Post 128334)
What are they going to do with all of the goaltenders that they have signed?

- Rosenzweig ('03)
- Tynan ('02)
- Sbaraglia ('01)
- McGrath ('99)

Did I miss any? Were Eberhardt ('00) or Imperio ('02) signed? Kraws ('00) and Borgiel ('00) have been no shows at training camps to this point.

Do they release / trade (for a bag of used jockstraps) McGrath?

I guess Training Camp will be a battle for the crease and the BUG positions.

Iíd take McGrath out of the situation and then figure out what you want to do from there I think itíll be tyan and Sbaraglia splitting the net this year and let Rosenzweig be a starter somewhere for the year

retired/sectionJ 06-03-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 128335)
Iíd take McGrath out of the situation and then figure out what you want to do from there I think itíll be tyan and Sbaraglia splitting the net this year and let Rosenzweig be a starter somewhere for the year

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.
The only part about your plan that somewhat bothers me about going with two young goalies, that it does not always work out.
I remember when they decided to go with John Cullen and Mark Visentin. That experiment did not work out too well
They brought in, I believe Jeremy Smith to stop the bleeding and Cullen was eventually traded to Sarnia (I think)

dogs77 06-03-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 128336)
Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.
The only part about your plan that somewhat bothers me about going with two young goalies, that it does not always work out.
I remember when they decided to go with John Cullen and Mark Visentin. That experiment did not work out too well
They brought in, I believe Jeremy Smith to stop the bleeding and Cullen was eventually traded to Sarnia (I think)

A worth while risk in a rebuild... we all knew itvwas goig to be a complete rebuild from the crease on out

dogs777 06-03-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 128336)
Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.
The only part about your plan that somewhat bothers me about going with two young goalies, that it does not always work out.
I remember when they decided to go with John Cullen and Mark Visentin. That experiment did not work out too well
They brought in, I believe Jeremy Smith to stop the bleeding and Cullen was eventually traded to Sarnia (I think)

If for some reason it goes extremely wrong you can find some older goalie thatís a FA but in a rebuild year Iíd still go 2 younger guys and at least 2 OA d to play with each of the kids

Dogs Enthusiast 104 06-03-2019 06:43 PM

Doesn't McGrath give us the best chance to win some tough games next year?

I say keep him and cycle a couple of the youngsters as back up. Let them start a few just to see what we have.

Clearly I have not completely given up squeaking into the playoffs. Which I think is important for a young team to experience.

dogs777 06-03-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 128339)
Doesn't McGrath give us the best chance to win some tough games next year?

I say keep him and cycle a couple of the youngsters as back up. Let them start a few just to see what we have.

Clearly I have not completely given up squeaking into the playoffs. Which I think is important for a young team to experience.

I havenít given up hope weíll get into the playoffs but I donít know if McGrath would be that great of a starter just look at his numbers in Sudbury and how he was just ok when he played for us

Dogs Enthusiast 104 06-03-2019 07:31 PM

He is a year older now. We might get lucky with one of the young guys. But I feel he gives us a decent chance. If he has no improvement then we have some options.

strohs 06-03-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 128339)
Doesn't McGrath give us the best chance to win some tough games next year?

I say keep him and cycle a couple of the youngsters as back up. Let them start a few just to see what we have.

Clearly I have not completely given up squeaking into the playoffs. Which I think is important for a young team to experience.



Unless they change the OA rules exempting a goalie or increasing the number it makes absolutely zero sense to keep McGrath as an OA

Some on here will take that as a negative comment LMFAO. I tend to think it’s common sense ...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiceDawg 06-04-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 128339)
Doesn't McGrath give us the best chance to win some tough games next year?

I say keep him and cycle a couple of the youngsters as back up. Let them start a few just to see what we have.

Clearly I have not completely given up squeaking into the playoffs. Which I think is important for a young team to experience.

I am personally not all that concerned about this upcoming season. I would rather release McGrath for picks and play the rookies in hopes one emerges as a legitimate starter. I could care less about the playoffs this time around.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019