Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   The Meridian Center (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Water (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=10614)

canucks4 10-22-2017 07:47 PM

Water
 
I missed the first four games due to holiday and work commitments - so I dashed to the Meridian centre after work last night to catch the third period - looking forward to my first game of the year! I grabbed a water, my tickets and found a parking spot - I was the only one entering Mansion House side and said a bright hello to the security guard and was about to take the stairs when they said, you can't take in the water. I said I just got off work, I'm thirsty and it's sealed - nope can't take it in. I can take it in if it's empty but not full. So the policy is that a sealed bottle of water has to be opened, drained (wasted) and then I can take in my empty bottle to walk to the fountain and fill it for free. I'm I the only one who thinks this is asinine - welcome back to the Ice Dogs.

retired/sectionJ 10-22-2017 07:56 PM

I agree with you 100% on this water topic.
I don't think that we can blame the Ice Dogs for this,
I believe that that blame should be aimed at the management of the Vault.

dogs77 10-22-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 109778)
I agree with you 100% on this water topic.
I don't think that we can blame the Ice Dogs for this,
I believe that that blame should be aimed at the management of the Vault.

I.beleive you are right... the meridian management even rums the elevators this year as opposed to other years which had icedogs staff operating the elevators... id say its also smg responsible for the increase in concession prices but that would fall more on dear old Premier Wynn

Red 10-23-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs77 (Post 109784)
I.beleive you are right... the meridian management even rums the elevators this year as opposed to other years which had icedogs staff operating the elevators... id say its also smg responsible for the increase in concession prices but that would fall more on dear old Premier Wynn

I don't see the connection between KW and bringing in your own food and beverages? This policy is in place at most venues. As for the "it is sealed water" it is very simple to disguise vodka, rum or gin as water and reseal the bottle.

dogs77 10-23-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 109797)
I don't see the connection between KW and bringing in your own food and beverages? This policy is in place at most venues. As for the "it is sealed water" it is very simple to disguise vodka, rum or gin as water and reseal the bottle.

My statement about KW is about the increase in concession prices not the arena policies.

AuldBone 10-23-2017 06:09 PM

I hate the MC policies as much as anyone. They affect me in quite a few ways that I am not going to bore you guys with. But... We need to keep in mind that if there is a rule, there's usually a reason. Someone has likely done something stupid somewhere bringing a liquid into a building. Now because of one idiot, we're given rules to deal with. Or maybe they just don't want to take the chance of missing that 5$ profit on a bottle of water. Who knows.

Absolutely, the concession prices are insanely high. But that's a function of greed as much as it is taxes, so let's leave politics out of this, I'd rather talk hockey, and arena related subjects that won't cause half the members of the board to either flee or want to strangle each other. MC charges the prices they do, because they feel the market will bear those prices. If people stopped buying concessions, MC would either take them out altogether, or lower the prices. But neither is likely to happen.

Dogs Enthusiast 104 10-23-2017 08:03 PM

Ok, that explains all the water on the ground just outside the entry doors.

Dogs Enthusiast 104 10-23-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 109797)
I don't see the connection between KW and bringing in your own food and beverages? This policy is in place at most venues. As for the "it is sealed water" it is very simple to disguise vodka, rum or gin as water and reseal the bottle.

Can confirm.


Years ago for a Stones concert. I successfully re-sealed a water bottle full of vodka.

Stinkyp3t3 10-23-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 109812)
Can confirm.


Years ago for a Stones concert. I successfully re-sealed a water bottle full of vodka.

All over YouTube, just as easy to double ziplock baggie and, you know where.

dogged74 10-23-2017 09:37 PM

The only point of yours I would dispute is that the MC’s ‘no outside water’ is because of some incident at the MC. The water policy has not changed since day one. They’re happy to have you bring your own water bottle in, but they want you to fill it in the arena We were all talking about it while the arena was being built. I couldn’t tell you why SMG wanted it this way, but it is what it is. The only thing that pisses me off is when I forget my water bottle�� As long as I bring my water bottle empty, it’s no problem:)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2015