Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Icedogs off ice product (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11275)

5 for fighting 11-03-2021 01:16 AM

Icedogs off ice product

I purchased the OHL streaming package this year and noticed that most of the teams seem to have upped their off ice product. I watched 6 games where it was the home teams opening night and all 6 had something special. Some had the players skate out between pillars of fire or smoke or through fog. All of them either had a light show or at least the players being introduced with a spotlight. But for the Icedogs opening night, there was nothing special at all.

But even now, many teams have a light show or lasers, most dim the lights when the Zamboni comes out at intermission and almost all of them do something special with the lights when the home team scores. For the first few games, the Icedogs also dimmed the lights at intermission and also changed the lights to flashing red when the Icedogs scored. However now they don’t even bother doing that anymore.

The games seem a little less entertaining this season. As an example every year on the halloween game they play the Thriller video at the intermission. This year we thought they would dim the lights and show the video again. But instead although they did play the Thriller song at intermission, there was no video just the Niagara Icedogs graphic stuck on the video board.

From what I have seen, all the other teams seem to have moved forward with their off ice product while the Icedogs have stayed the same. Perhaps they got a late start on planning for the season or maybe Covid has forced them to shift attention to other priorities. The Icedogs in the past have done a great job with their off ice product so it’s really a shame that they haven’t moved forward and kept pace with some of the other teams. Hopefully as the season moves forward things will improve.

three dog night 11-04-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5 for fighting (Post 135898)
I purchased the OHL streaming package this year and noticed that most of the teams seem to have upped their off ice product. I watched 6 games where it was the home teams opening night and all 6 had something special. Some had the players skate out between pillars of fire or smoke or through fog. All of them either had a light show or at least the players being introduced with a spotlight. But for the Icedogs opening night, there was nothing special at all.

But even now, many teams have a light show or lasers, most dim the lights when the Zamboni comes out at intermission and almost all of them do something special with the lights when the home team scores. For the first few games, the Icedogs also dimmed the lights at intermission and also changed the lights to flashing red when the Icedogs scored. However now they donít even bother doing that anymore.

The games seem a little less entertaining this season. As an example every year on the halloween game they play the Thriller video at the intermission. This year we thought they would dim the lights and show the video again. But instead although they did play the Thriller song at intermission, there was no video just the Niagara Icedogs graphic stuck on the video board.

From what I have seen, all the other teams seem to have moved forward with their off ice product while the Icedogs have stayed the same. Perhaps they got a late start on planning for the season or maybe Covid has forced them to shift attention to other priorities. The Icedogs in the past have done a great job with their off ice product so itís really a shame that they havenít moved forward and kept pace with some of the other teams. Hopefully as the season moves forward things will improve.

River Lions much better

5 for fighting 11-05-2021 11:19 PM

Yes my wife and daughter came with me to a River Lions game and really enjoyed it. They liked the coloured lights, laser show and smoke stacks that blew smoke for every 3 pointer. They found the whole experience entertaining. Unfortunately, they also came with me to a couple Icedogs games this season but didn’t really enjoy it as they didn’t find it entertaining enough. Don’t get me wrong if you like hockey the Icedogs are great. But they aren’t doing much this season to attract the fringe fan.

I noticed tonight on TV that the Sudbury Wolves games seem entertaining. They had a laser show each intermission and on ice lasers during stops in play.

5 for fighting 11-14-2021 02:39 PM

It was nice to see they were flashing the lights when the Icedogs scored and turning the lights red at intermission. It creates a better atmosphere.

strohs 11-14-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5 for fighting (Post 136060)
It was nice to see they were flashing the lights when the Icedogs scored and turning the lights red at intermission. It creates a better atmosphere.

Maybe reading this forum lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

three dog night 11-18-2021 05:13 PM

Time to fix it a bit stale of late.

strohs 11-18-2021 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 136076)
Time to fix it a bit stale of late.

Yes I agree I was hoping they would kinds reboot things starting back up after the pandemic but it?s the same ok same ok for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk