Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Season Ticket Renewal (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11217)

NiceDawg 08-05-2020 12:51 PM

Season Ticket Renewal

Since the OHL has announced their plans ahead of any Provincial projections, there could be the possibility that Season Ticket Holders (STH) will be asked to buy their seats early. There are no guarantees at this point that what the League wants to do will be in accordance with what is legally authorized. Where will STH put their dollars, with the League or with the Province?

NiceDawg 08-05-2020 01:25 PM

Well... truth is stranger than fiction, I had no sooner posted this poll based on the hypothetical possibility that STHs would be asked to renew on the strength of the OHL announcement, prior to Doug Ford and Company giving the official okie-dokie - when an email arrived.

STH are being asked to renew prior to September 1st:
  1. Pay in full by August 18th and save the HST
  2. Make 6 equal payments between August 18th and January 18th
  3. Pay $100 now and the balance by November 1st.

There were no indications as to what safety measures would be in place, or any information about a refund/rebate if the season was cancelled or restricted in any way.

strohs 08-05-2020 02:43 PM

I also noticed that they haven?t mentioned anything about credits being given for STH or the general public for those who had tickets for games last year that were cancelled ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobDog 08-05-2020 02:43 PM

Things are so much uncertain now. There is no way events will be allowed with unlimited fans. There would at least be some kind of cap on the number of people in the facility ??

I would have liked some specific wording to a full refund if things go south by December.

dogs777 08-05-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 134354)
I also noticed that they haven?t mentioned anything about credits being given for STH or the general public for those who had tickets for games last year that were cancelled ....

It was in the email for season tickets you can get vouchers or put it towards this year’s ticket if you were a season ticket holder

NiceDawg 08-05-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 134356)
It was in the email for season tickets you can get vouchers or put it towards this year’s ticket if you were a season ticket holder

That's right, you can redeem them for double tickets 2 games = 4 tickets (or if you have 2 seats, 2 games x double = 8 tickets), or you can take a cash rebate against next year's renewal price.

strohs 08-05-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 134356)

Oh geez it was there I just reread it lol. I do not know how I missed it the first time. Thanks !

retired/sectionJ 08-05-2020 03:10 PM

Two games for season ticket holder that we cancelled are worth 4 tickets to future games this season. In essence 2 tickets for one seat

BoneHead 08-05-2020 03:54 PM

These are the questions that I asked in an email:
I've sent an email asking the following questions:
- What precautions will be put in place for the upcoming season?
- What happens if we purchase our tickets but the province doesn't lift their ban for gatherings?
- Will only STH's be allowed at the games?
- What will be the cap for games?
- What about distancing?
- If the season is delayed or not allowed to start when it is scheduled will there be a rebate/refund?

NiceDawg 08-05-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneHead (Post 134360)
These are the questions that I asked in an email:
I've sent an email asking the following questions:
- What precautions will be put in place for the upcoming season?
- What happens if we purchase our tickets but the province doesn't lift their ban for gatherings?
- Will only STH's be allowed at the games?
- What will be the cap for games?
- What about distancing?
- If the season is delayed or not allowed to start when it is scheduled will there be a rebate/refund?

We think alike, the reply I got was that
  • They don't know what safety measures will be in effect
  • They will comply with all government guidelines
  • If the season were cancelled, the tickets purchased would be transferred to the next season or refunded

I suspect there is a push on to provide funds to cash-starved teams, so that they don't go broke waiting for the Province. A quick scan shows other teams are doing the same thing right now, so it may be a company line. I don't agree with the September 1st deadline when so much is still up in the air. I fear the team may actually disenfranchise STHs by jumping the gun, as in scaring away people who have been loyal fans for a decade just to have the chance at some early cash in the bank.