Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Marlies game gets cancelled (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11143)

ckg927 01-10-2020 09:40 PM

Marlies game gets cancelled
 
Per Sportsnet(as well as the Marlies Twitter feed), Toronto Marlies assistant coach Rob Davison suffered a medical emergency before tonight's AHL game against the Texas Stars. Leafs GM Kyle Dubas said in a statement that after consulting with the leadership group of the team, he noted that the entire team was in shock and was not comfortable proceeding with the name...and that he supported the players and staff in that matter. He also thanked the arena's medical staff for their help.

Davison is currently under observation at an area hospital.

dogs777 01-10-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckg927 (Post 131782)
Per Sportsnet(as well as the Marlies Twitter feed), Toronto Marlies assistant coach Rob Davison suffered a medical emergency before tonight's AHL game against the Texas Stars. Leafs GM Kyle Dubas said in a statement that after consulting with the leadership group of the team, he noted that the entire team was in shock and was not comfortable proceeding with the name...and that he supported the players and staff in that matter. He also thanked the arena's medical staff for their help.

Davison is currently under observation at an area hospital.

Apparently the game was a forfeit lol thatís kinda dumb

three dog night 01-10-2020 09:49 PM

Hope he is okay.

three dog night 01-10-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 131785)
Apparently the game was a forfeit lol thatís kinda dumb

No didnít see that just canceled on the web site.

dogs777 01-10-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 131789)
No didnít see that just canceled on the web site.

Saw it on a Chris Johnson tweet https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...317366784?s=21

ckg927 01-11-2020 12:44 PM

So...here's more details, per Sportsnet: Davison suffered a prolonged grand mal seizure before last night's game; players and staff witnessed it.

The GOOD news is that his condition has stabilized and he's already been discharged from the hospital. He's heading back to Toronto with a member of the medical team and is on indefinite medical leave. (That's per the Leafs' PR Twitter feed.)

ckg927 01-11-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 131790)

And some of those replies are giving grief to the AHL for that decision. It was the MARLIES' decision, not the league's, to decide they couldn't continue. (Also, someone referenced what was done in the IceDogs' case.)

123 G! 01-11-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckg927 (Post 131782)
Per Sportsnet(as well as the Marlies Twitter feed), Toronto Marlies assistant coach Rob Davison suffered a medical emergency before tonight's AHL game against the Texas Stars. Leafs GM Kyle Dubas said in a statement that after consulting with the leadership group of the team, he noted that the entire team was in shock and was not comfortable proceeding with the name...and that he supported the players and staff in that matter. He also thanked the arena's medical staff for their help.

Davison is currently under observation at an area hospital.

Davison is from St. Catharines.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019