Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Zack Shankar (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=10648)

maddog 11-25-2017 01:00 PM

Zack Shankar
 
I'm sorry to say but I think we are a much better team without him in line-up.
We diehard fans pay good money to see the best product that we have in our system.
IMO, any defenseman that sits, ie. billy c or hunter, are more valuable than shankar.
He too slow, not playing tough, erratic passing, no slapshot.
All I can think of is that his shot blocking is pretty good. Thats it.
So I would like to hear some other fans input because maybe I'm missing something here?
Honestly, I would release him immediately.
Also, he wont be here next year when we will be much better, so let the young guys develop.
It is nothing personal against shankar but I believe us diehard fans can express there opinion on players that are underperforming and someone sits that is not such a liability as shankar is.

retired/sectionJ 11-25-2017 01:16 PM

I stated basically the same as you on a previous message.
I wonder if they would try to deal him so that the younger players can develop or,,,
Heaven forbid to contact Hamilton because as a result of yesterday's trade, they once again have 4 O/A's on their roster.
One of the D-men might just fit in just right.
I have learned the value of having 3 O/A's on a team, They make them older and with the right person, they lead by example. Example, Mr. Brack that they picked up last season....

three dog night 11-25-2017 01:30 PM

My friend saw him last night he said he has a nice shiner I agree very disappointed but that was a brutal call in Owen Sound.

dogs77 11-25-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 110796)
My friend saw him last night he said he has a nice shiner I agree very disappointed but that was a brutal call in Owen Sound.

I saw him as well ... it was definitely a nice shiner... at least he got something out of that game

hotdog fan 11-26-2017 12:21 PM

I have said the same thing about him many times in different game threads. I to would like to see him dealt.

Blacksox 11-26-2017 12:27 PM

Defensively, the Ice Dogs have played a lot better in the games Shankar is not in the line-up. Hunter and Constantinou have demonstrated the ability to skate and move the puck more effectively. In addition, they 're both younger, with up-side, and playing time means development. Bradey Johnson and Liam Ham are two great examples of that.

As an OA, Shankar probably provides a lot of leadership, however, his ability to hit is no longer an asset in this “No Contact” league! The OHL has evolved into a league that is not well-suited for someone with Shankar’s skill set. It’s a shame!

dogs777 11-26-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotdog fan (Post 110829)
I have said the same thing about him many times in different game threads. I to would like to see him dealt.

Keep hoping cause itís not going to happen

retired/sectionJ 11-26-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 110831)
Keep hoping cause itís not going to happen

We should never forget that we should never say never........

dogs777 11-26-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 110834)
We should never forget that we should never say never........

Iím confident saying never they brought him in for a reason and thatís that

NiceDawg 11-26-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 110836)
Iím confident saying never they brought him in for a reason and thatís that

...but if he is underplaying and not living up to that reason, never seems like a long time. Our last GM had a hard time admitting flubs, I think Joey Burke has a better understanding of the word "whoops" . Far better to admit you got fooled in a trade or the player stopped playing to potential, than to perpetuate the problem by continuing to play them (can you say Boston).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2015