Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trade Ivan Lodnia discussion (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11100)

LeafsFan 10-17-2019 07:38 PM

Trade Ivan Lodnia discussion

Where’s Lodnia?

slamr 10-17-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafsFan (Post 129728)
Where’s Lodnia?

Apparently hasn’t arrived yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogs77 10-17-2019 09:23 PM

That makes me question the situation... Almost a week and he hasn't showed up yet... Tells me that either they are gonna move him or he is not happy about being returned to Niagara

the dog 10-17-2019 09:31 PM

Seen him here before hame

conchar 10-17-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slamr (Post 129729)
Apparently hasn’t arrived yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ice Dogs can only play three overagers and he just happened to be number four. I am sure he will be in the line up tomorrow night.

dogged74 10-18-2019 02:21 PM

I still want to see how Ivan Lodnia fits in to all this. I wonder if there were GMs calling Billy Boy as soon as they heard about even the possibility of Lodnia’s return. It would be really nice if the Dogs could string some wins together, have Lodnia bag a few goals, and the GMs are on the phone. Conversations like ‘What would it take to get Ivan Lodnia?’ A quality veteran teams in the hunt look to add near the deadline.
Have no illusions here. The IceDogs are sellers. If they have any sense in their heads, they’ll be setting up a booth at the market around January. That is if they have even a shred of common sense. I would be thrilled with two 3rd-rounders and a second. I would take that today, right now. I can see a blockbuster Thomas-and-Tomasino trade at the deadline happening. Obviously I’d prefer two separate trades, but I just don’t have faith in Burke and Co. to pull that off. Somebody was suggesting we on this forum aren’t going to be happy with the return on this trade no matter what, but I give the folks on this forum more credit than that. For the long-term health of this franchise, the Burkes need to get this right.

hockey123 10-18-2019 05:44 PM

OHLInsiders
@OHLinsiders

58m
#OHL Don't know if it's anything more serious than 'want', but Ottawa seems to be very interested in OA Ivan Lodnia from Niagara.

Word is they'd be dropping Hudson Wilson to make room.
OHLInsiders
@OHLinsiders

47m
Ottawa is opening up to the idea of moving Cam Tolnai who was their 6th Overall pick last year.

Believe Niagara would have interest in him. Just picks is a possibility as well. #OHL
OHLInsiders
@OHLinsiders

33m
Ottawa also interested in Akil Thomas from Niagara. NIA hesitant to move him right at this minute.

This opens up definite two-part possibilities.

Yes moving Tolnai for Lodnia seems a bit much, if they do go through with it...but it could also offset the cost for Thomas later.
OHLInsiders
@OHLinsiders
I would caution Ottawa heavily - If it's the plan there's NOTHING stopping Ottawa trading Tolnai for an OA and then Niagara turning around and trading Thomas elsewhere.

Almost did it last year with Oshawa, those Burkes will do it again, with a smile on their faces!

hockey123 10-18-2019 05:49 PM

Tolnai has been a big disappointment so far but would be worth a gamble. His stats are awful. I think the Dogs need at least a 2nd round pick as well if they're trading Lodnia for him. I'd want at least 2, 2nds for Lodnia straight up. Tolnai is certainly not worth more than a second at this point IMO.

retired/sectionJ 10-18-2019 07:22 PM

Looks like NO Lodnia again this evening.

Would it be a visa issue that is keeping him out of the lineup or is there the possible Ottawa rumor.

fishfan51 10-18-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 129777)
Looks like NO Lodnia again this evening.

Would it be a visa issue that is keeping him out of the lineup or is there the possible Ottawa rumor.

Do American junior players need them?