Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The "For Sale" Rumour (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11106)

Chipperdog 11-02-2019 02:48 PM

The "For Sale" Rumour
 
So what if an ownership group got together and offered to buy the dogs...and we're told that any sale would have the stipulation that both boys would have to be guaranteed their jobs for a minimum of 5 years..what do we think about that scenario?

dogs777 11-02-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipperdog (Post 130103)
So what if an ownership group got together and offered to buy the dogs...and we're told that any sale would have the stipulation that both boys would have to be guaranteed their jobs for a minimum of 5 years..what do we think about that scenario?

Pretty sure I saw in the summer from the insider something like that has already happened and whoever the group was said no. If it was me I’d I’ll keep them for 5 years just not in the current roles

Chipperdog 11-02-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 130105)
Pretty sure I saw in the summer from the insider something like that has already happened and whoever the group was said no. If it was me Id Ill keep them for 5 years just not in the current roles

I didn't get it from that dumdum...but if it was true...i would probably have walked away as well.

strohs 11-02-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipperdog (Post 130106)
I didn't get it from that dumdum...but if it was true...i would probably have walked away as well.



I can’t imagine anyone would spend that kind of $$$ on a franchise and then be forced to keep those clowns running the show




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pup96 11-02-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipperdog (Post 130103)
So what if an ownership group got together and offered to buy the dogs...and we're told that any sale would have the stipulation that both boys would have to be guaranteed their jobs for a minimum of 5 years..what do we think about that scenario?

That actually happened a few years ago. Big wig from Newmarket offered to buy the team, his son played in OHL also. The sticking point was what role if any BB2 and JB1 would have with the new team.

Chipperdog 11-02-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pup96 (Post 130119)
That actually happened a few years ago. Big wig from Newmarket offered to buy the team, his son played in OHL also. The sticking point was what role if any BB2 and JB1 would have with the new team.

What waterboy wasent good enough for them? I know it to be true also.

jumbo1290 11-03-2019 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pup96 (Post 130119)
That actually happened a few years ago. Big wig from Newmarket offered to buy the team, his son played in OHL also. The sticking point was what role if any BB2 and JB1 would have with the new team.

and then pigs were seen flying in downtown St. Catharines. Amazing.

Meowinawoofworld 11-03-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumbo1290 (Post 130127)
and then pigs were seen flying in downtown St. Catharines. Amazing.

If the pigs had flown, that's about the only way a new owner would agree to that deal. Maybe it would also include friend of the family new head scout having to have a job as well

NiceDawg 11-03-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pup96 (Post 130119)
That actually happened a few years ago. Big wig from Newmarket offered to buy the team, his son played in OHL also. The sticking point was what role if any BB2 and JB1 would have with the new team.

This was a red herring, Bruce Moody allegedly had lunch with Bill Burke Sr. in Niagara and the rumours flowed from that. Everything from the IceDogs to Burke's house were said to be for sale. The team (through Marty Williamson) denied the ownership of the team was changing, though ironically it's management certainly did.

maddog 11-03-2019 10:35 AM

I will add
The For Sale rumour was/is BS!!!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019