Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Pictures, Videos, Audio (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Goal Against Songs (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11109)

NiceDawg 11-06-2019 04:31 PM

New Goal Against Songs
 
With respect to everyone who enjoys "It's a hard knock life" or the very sanitized version of Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" can we pu-leez come up with some new songs for when the other teams score on the IceDogs? I appreciate this is a rebuild year and the lamp will likely be lit behind Niagara's goalie more often than not but how about a break from the tired old anthems??

...Forum?

Blacksox 11-06-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 130268)
With respect to everyone who enjoys "It's a hard knock life" or the very sanitized version of Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" can we pu-leez come up with some new songs for when the other teams score on the IceDogs? I appreciate this is a rebuild year and the lamp will likely be lit behind Nigeria's goalie more often than not but how about a break from the tired old anthems??

...Forum?

Please get rid of "Its a Hard Knock Life" and "It's Gonna Be Alright". I can't stand those two songs anymore (or ever actually).

dogged74 11-06-2019 04:45 PM

I guess the first question is, must there be a ‘goal-against’ song? I’d concur with the idea that anytime the Dogs stop playing that ‘Gonna Be Alright’ thing is a good time.
The only thing I’d say is, while the ‘Who Cares?’ graphic is great, it does lead sometimes to the bussed-in opposition fans yelling ‘We Do!!’ which kinda kills the mood.
What’s a good emotional-recovery-after-disappointment song? Some kind of comeback song, or ‘we’re-gonna-get-you-back’ kinda song....

ckg927 12-12-2019 11:07 PM

Hmmm....would Pink's So What be a good song to play after the opposing team scores?

NiceDawg 02-09-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckg927 (Post 130877)
Hmmm....would Pink's So What be a good song to play after the opposing team scores?

I noticed tonight when Sudbury got scored upon they used the "crickets" sound effect. I'd rather hear something upbeat or silence than a "mocking" sound.

Blacksox 02-09-2020 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckg927 (Post 130877)
Hmmm....would Pink's So What be a good song to play after the opposing team scores?

Wasnít familiar with this song by title but without a doubt this is 100x better than same three songs they have been playing the last few years: Shake it Off - Hard Knock Life - We Gonna Be Alright.

It time to change up the music too. Itís getting old fast.

http://youtu.be/hv554pBekNA



...and why has there not been a single Rush song played since Neil Peart passed away?

Fourground needs to step up their game too. Itís the same songs but in a different order for the last couple of years.

Blacksox 02-16-2020 09:19 PM

Two new goal against songs used today...

Don't Impress me Much - Shania Twain
Don't Do Me Like That - Tom Petty

In addition, they veered off their usual same 20 - 30 songs and played some new one today, but still not a single song by Rush. After Neil Peart passed away, you could hear Rush songs in every arena except here (Neil Peart - St. Catharines native :blush:)

three dog night 02-16-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 132600)
Two new goal against songs used today...

Don't Impress me Much - Shania Twain
Don't Do Me Like That - Tom Petty

In addition, they veered off their usual same 20 - 30 songs and played some new one today, but still not a single song by Rush. After Neil Peart passed away, you could hear Rush songs in every arena except here (Neil Peart - St. Catharines native :blush:)

He grew up here he was born in Hamilton.

Blacksox 02-16-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 132605)
He grew up here he was born in Hamilton.

Neil Peart - a long time resident of St Catharines :D. Just play at least one Rush song to honour him at each game.

three dog night 02-16-2020 10:44 PM

Do they have permission to play Rush songs.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019