Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   KIRILL MAKSIMOV taken by Edmonton at 146 (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=10537)

Dogs Enthusiast 104 06-24-2017 01:49 PM

KIRILL MAKSIMOV taken by Edmonton at 146

Congrats!

A really good team with an excellent future. :clapclap:

notldogsfan 06-24-2017 02:57 PM

Mantha, Strome, now this!

Chiarelli and Keith Gretzky love Niagara and the OHL in general. Keep taking our boys Oilers! Hoping Thomas is in their range next season!

Dogs Enthusiast 104 06-24-2017 03:16 PM

BEN JONES to Vegas!!

at 189

AuldBone 06-24-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 107970)
BEN JONES to Vegas!!

at 189

And another year, all 31 teams in the NHL take a pass on Stephen Dhillon. Will be interested to see what team(s) invite him to camp this summer. See if anyone gives him a good long look.

As for last year's rookies, did anyone think ANY of these boys would get drafted? I think we'll see a couple of them (Castleman, and maybe Philip) could get opportunities as free agent to come to camp, but neither are likely to do much more than that. I think Castleman, Philip, Jones, Dhillon and Maksimov need to have great seasons this year. The team may not be going for it until next season, but these boys need to put up some above average numbers. Tired of watching our team limp, or back in to the playoffs. Let's hope for a 4th place, or better finish to the season this year. Probably being over optimistic...

Dogs Enthusiast 104 06-24-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuldBone (Post 107971)
Let's hope for a 4th place, or better finish to the season this year. Probably being over optimistic...

I think that is possible. In the last half of the season they started to gel. Played over their heads at times. Got some confidence too.

They have to be feeling pretty positive for such a young team to even make the playoffs.

dogged74 06-24-2017 11:21 PM

I was honestly surprised to see any IceDogs taken.. I thought maybe Maximov, but that, I thought, was it. So I was pretty thrilled to see Ben Jones taken as well. I think we can expect to see some improvement in all areas this upcoming season from last.

canucks4 06-25-2017 12:28 PM

The one good thing about the Dogs is that scouts watch our older players that weren't drafted and quite often extend invites to training camps, and some subsequent signings - ie. Mantha, Maletta, Friesen, Aggozino, etc. Perhaps it's our development patterns that are slow in developing players in their draft year?

retired/sectionJ 06-25-2017 01:18 PM

Perhaps it's our development patterns that are slow in developing players in their draft year?

Let's see if that changes in the post Marty years as time goes on with a new plan.

dogs777 06-25-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 107975)
Perhaps it's our development patterns that are slow in developing players in their draft year?

Let's see if that changes in the post Marty years as time goes on with a new plan.

Or they just aren't good enough to get drafted

dogs777 06-25-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 107972)
I think that is possible. In the last half of the season they started to gel. Played over their heads at times. Got some confidence too.

They have to be feeling pretty positive for such a young team to even make the playoffs.

At the end of the season I honestly thought we could finish as high as second (win the division) or as low as 6th next year

retired/sectionJ 06-25-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 107976)
Or they just aren't good enough to get drafted

You might be right, but, I think that we will have to wait till next June to see what happens with players like Castleman and the other players from this past season.
This will be their second year in the OHL and the picture on them will be better with more games having been played.

modaymorninggm 06-26-2017 07:40 PM

Josh Norris taken in the 1st round - drafted two years ago by Marty. Heard that our head scout is close to the father so maybe we can see him in Niagara next year. Also local boy Kovacevic was drafted as well and was taken by the Ice Dogs a couple of years back.

the dog 06-26-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modaymorninggm (Post 107981)
Josh Norris taken in the 1st round - drafted two years ago by Marty. Heard that our head scout is close to the father so maybe we can see him in Niagara next year. Also local boy Kovacevic was drafted as well and was taken by the Ice Dogs a couple of years back.

johnathan Kovacevic was a 2013 draft pick is now 20 years old

NiceDawg 06-26-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 107978)
You might be right, but, I think that we will have to wait till next June to see what happens with players like Castleman and the other players from this past season.
This will be their second year in the OHL and the picture on them will be better with more games having been played.

Castleman with a September 15th birthday was the youngest player in the draft year. He had a great freshman year and hopefully can build upon it next year. At one point his ranking was higher than Jones but I think scouts want another year to rule out the "fluke factor" .

retired/sectionJ 06-27-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 107989)
Castleman with a September 15th birthday was the youngest player in the draft year. He had a great freshman year and hopefully can build upon it next year. At one point his ranking was higher than Jones but I think scouts want another year to rule out the "fluke factor" .

That was precisely my point on our young guns from last season. A productive season this year will help them big time.

strohs 06-28-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modaymorninggm (Post 107981)

I knew I recognized that Kovacevic name from somewhere ... didn't get a chance to look him up yet ... thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strohs 06-28-2017 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 107989)

You're just saying that .... whose Jersey are you wearing now again? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiceDawg 06-29-2017 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 108000)
You're just saying that .... whose Jersey are you wearing now again? Lol

Now? Nobody's (it's summer, try and keep up with the changes :drinkbeer:)

notldogsfan 07-07-2017 10:53 AM

Oilers just wrapped up their prospect camp. They always end with a big scrimmage/game. Maximov lead the way with 3 goals. Highlights should be up on the Oilers website.

Dogs Enthusiast 104 07-07-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notldogsfan (Post 108062)
Oilers just wrapped up their prospect camp. They always end with a big scrimmage/game. Maximov lead the way with 3 goals. Highlights should be up on the Oilers website.

Great news.

If he can play all season like he did for the last .... .what, 15 or 20 games. He could make the top 10 leading scorers in the league. Hope he can do it.

Blacksox 07-10-2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notldogsfan (Post 108062)

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/hig...406/c-52394503

Blacksox 09-10-2017 02:11 PM

Edmonton Oilers vs Calgary Flames (Rookie Camp)

At 3:26...
Maksimov takes a big hit and scores a nice goal

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/hig...406/c-52576803

Blacksox 09-12-2017 10:25 AM

Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks (Rookie Camp)

Start at 6:14...
Maksimov circled back into his own zone, gained speed and sliced his way into the offensive zone for the OT winner!

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/hig...406/c-52615103