Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   KIRILL MAKSIMOV taken by Edmonton at 146 (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=10537)

Dogs Enthusiast 104 06-24-2017 01:49 PM

KIRILL MAKSIMOV taken by Edmonton at 146

Congrats!

A really good team with an excellent future. :clapclap:

notldogsfan 06-24-2017 02:57 PM

Mantha, Strome, now this!

Chiarelli and Keith Gretzky love Niagara and the OHL in general. Keep taking our boys Oilers! Hoping Thomas is in their range next season!

Dogs Enthusiast 104 06-24-2017 03:16 PM

BEN JONES to Vegas!!

at 189

AuldBone 06-24-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 107970)
BEN JONES to Vegas!!

at 189

And another year, all 31 teams in the NHL take a pass on Stephen Dhillon. Will be interested to see what team(s) invite him to camp this summer. See if anyone gives him a good long look.

As for last year's rookies, did anyone think ANY of these boys would get drafted? I think we'll see a couple of them (Castleman, and maybe Philip) could get opportunities as free agent to come to camp, but neither are likely to do much more than that. I think Castleman, Philip, Jones, Dhillon and Maksimov need to have great seasons this year. The team may not be going for it until next season, but these boys need to put up some above average numbers. Tired of watching our team limp, or back in to the playoffs. Let's hope for a 4th place, or better finish to the season this year. Probably being over optimistic...

Dogs Enthusiast 104 06-24-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuldBone (Post 107971)
Let's hope for a 4th place, or better finish to the season this year. Probably being over optimistic...

I think that is possible. In the last half of the season they started to gel. Played over their heads at times. Got some confidence too.

They have to be feeling pretty positive for such a young team to even make the playoffs.

dogged74 06-24-2017 11:21 PM

I was honestly surprised to see any IceDogs taken.. I thought maybe Maximov, but that, I thought, was it. So I was pretty thrilled to see Ben Jones taken as well. I think we can expect to see some improvement in all areas this upcoming season from last.

canucks4 06-25-2017 12:28 PM

The one good thing about the Dogs is that scouts watch our older players that weren't drafted and quite often extend invites to training camps, and some subsequent signings - ie. Mantha, Maletta, Friesen, Aggozino, etc. Perhaps it's our development patterns that are slow in developing players in their draft year?

retired/sectionJ 06-25-2017 01:18 PM

Perhaps it's our development patterns that are slow in developing players in their draft year?

Let's see if that changes in the post Marty years as time goes on with a new plan.

dogs777 06-25-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 107975)
Perhaps it's our development patterns that are slow in developing players in their draft year?

Let's see if that changes in the post Marty years as time goes on with a new plan.

Or they just aren't good enough to get drafted

dogs777 06-25-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 107972)
I think that is possible. In the last half of the season they started to gel. Played over their heads at times. Got some confidence too.

They have to be feeling pretty positive for such a young team to even make the playoffs.

At the end of the season I honestly thought we could finish as high as second (win the division) or as low as 6th next year