Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   IceDogs trade(insert SportsCentre alert sound here) (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11218)

dogged74 08-14-2020 04:47 PM

IceDogs trade(insert SportsCentre alert sound here)
 
The Niagara IceDogs have acquired 19-yr-old goaltender Daniel Murphy from the Erie Otters. .891 save%, 3.41 GAA., in 43 games last year for Erie. At 19 years old, a Tucker Tynan insurance policy, maybe? Erie being happy with only 5th and 6th rd. draft picks in return, Murph fits into the ‘steady, experienced backup’ role.
Not knowing much about the Dogs’ goaltending depth chart, the role he’ll fill is an absolute assumption by me. Having said that, welcome to the Dog house, Daniel! Happy to have ya!

Blacksox 08-14-2020 04:59 PM

I’ll repeat what I said before...What a horrible “waste of assets” trade this is! Wtf did they need OA goalie who is not really all that good! This is awful trade!

fishfan51 08-14-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogged74 (Post 134436)
The Niagara IceDogs have acquired 19-yr-old goaltender Daniel Murphy from the Erie Otters. .891 save%, 3.41 GAA., in 43 games last year for Erie. At 19 years old, a Tucker Tynan insurance policy, maybe? Erie being happy with only 5th and 6th rd. draft picks in return, Murph fits into the ‘steady, experienced backup’ role.
Not knowing much about the Dogs’ goaltending depth chart, the role he’ll fill is an absolute assumption by me. Having said that, welcome to the Dog house, Daniel! Happy to have ya!

It was a 3rd and a 6th. Head scratcher of a trade.

the dog 08-14-2020 05:30 PM

He not better than our 2 19.years goalies that we have..hate this trade

dogs777 08-14-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the dog (Post 134439)
He not better than our 2 19.years goalies that we have..hate this trade

I’d disagree on him not being better as for my feeling on the trade 🤷*♂️ Let’s see what they do with the other goalies and OAs

three dog night 08-14-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 134437)
I’ll repeat what I said before...What a horrible “waste of assets” trade this is! Wtf did they need OA goalie who is not really all that good! This is awful trade!

I disagree way better than Andrew Maclean .

three dog night 08-14-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the dog (Post 134439)
He not better than our 2 19.years goalies that we have..hate this trade

Yes he is far better

three dog night 08-14-2020 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 134440)
I’d disagree on him not being better as for my feeling on the trade 🤷*♂️ Let’s see what they do with the other goalies and OAs

Maclean will be released if they haven’t done it already.

three dog night 08-14-2020 06:20 PM

Interesting article about goalies stat https://sites.google.com/site/hockey...in-the-numbers

three dog night 08-14-2020 06:21 PM

Andrew Maclean https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...andrew-maclean


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019