Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 (Week 18) (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11151)

NiceDawg 01-14-2020 05:06 PM

Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 (Week 18)
 
http://forum.icedogfans.com/picture....&pictureid=713

The Niagara IceDogs have dropped to the eighth place spot in the East. The team has 35 points and a 0.449 win record. Niagara’s scoring leaders are now Lodnia (21-28), Castleman (16-26) and Butler (12-8), yes really. MacLean is Niagara’s best goalie (based on his Oshawa time primarily) with a 3.79GAA and 0.873SA%.


Blacksox 01-15-2020 07:45 AM

The new look IceDogs have had their first week of practices, after the firesale, to set up line combinations.

Rarely get this right, but…

LW - Castleman / C- Lodnia / RW Butler
LW - Bruder / C – Peters / RW - Uberti
LW - Doherty / C- Snow / RW - Agostinelli
LW – E.Roberts / C – Sims / RW DeSimone

Elijah Roberts on the LW because…
a. I’m curious.
b. at this point, no real reason to take away development time from the returning 6 dman.

Alwayssunny1 01-15-2020 08:46 AM

I think if anything you would put Howard as a forward, he did well last year putting fear into the opposing DMan causing turnovers.

fishfan51 01-15-2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayssunny1 (Post 131914)
I think if anything you would put Howard as a forward, he did well last year putting fear into the opposing DMan causing turnovers.

:thumbsup: Agreed. It makes more sense for Howard to move up. He's played there before and it's not like he'll be around when it's time to go for it either.

Blacksox 01-15-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfan51 (Post 131916)
:thumbsup: Agreed. It makes more sense for Howard to move up. He's played there before and it's not like he'll be around when it's time to go for it either.

Actually, Howard could be an OA, when our growing contingent of 02s are 19 year olds.

However, I’m not suggesting that is the right thing to do either :blush: – rather, we have seen what Howard can do up front (very below average), but we have never seen what Elijah Roberts can do with that speed - and an opportunity to be primarily an offensive player. At this point, it really doesn’t matter where either one plays – experiment with something that could be "lightning in a bottle". I doubt fans would care either way, since most are not particularly high on Elijah’s defensive game anyways. But who knows :cheers2:

dogs777 01-15-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 131913)
The new look IceDogs have had their first week of practices, after the firesale, to set up line combinations.

Rarely get this right, but…

LW - Castleman / C- Lodnia / RW Butler
LW - Bruder / C – Peters / RW - Uberti
LW - Doherty / C- Snow / RW - Agostinelli
LW – E.Roberts / C – Sims / RW DeSimone

Elijah Roberts on the LW because…
a. I’m curious.
b. at this point, no real reason to take away development time from the returning 6 dman.

I would keep Butler and peters together it’s a development year let them develop chemistry all year since that’s probably the top line next year

Blacksox 01-15-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogs777 (Post 131922)
I would keep Butler and peters together it’s a development year let them develop chemistry all year since that’s probably the top line next year

I agree. However, since Butler is on the NHL draft radar - and scouts will be at the games, Lodnia has the ability to elevate Butler’s game and goal production for these last 29 games. Last chance to play to play with Lodnia.

strohs 01-15-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 131926)
I agree. However, since Butler is on the NHL draft radar - and scouts will be at the games, Lodnia has the ability to elevate Butler’s game and goal production for these last 29 games. Last chance to play to play with Lodnia.



Agreed ... U want to pump Butlers tires as much as possible in his draft year, there’s no downside to that .... play him with Lodnia..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AuldBone 01-15-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 131913)
The new look IceDogs have had their first week of practices, after the firesale, to set up line combinations.

Rarely get this right, but…

LW - Castleman / C- Lodnia / RW Butler
LW - Bruder / C – Peters / RW - Uberti
LW - Doherty / C- Snow / RW - Agostinelli
LW – E.Roberts / C – Sims / RW DeSimone

Elijah Roberts on the LW because…
a. I’m curious.
b. at this point, no real reason to take away development time from the returning 6 dman.


I looked at this a bit, and honestly, I don't like Lodnia as a center. His f/o game is seriously sub par, not that Peters has been tearing it up either, but I'd rather he got the reps at the faceoff dot, as he WILL be here next season. Uberti would also be a solid choice. And Lodnia (though he can play center) always looks better on the right wing. And really, after the 2nd line, everything else could literally be pulled out of a BINGO machine.

I like Snow's hard charging, fearless play. Though I wish he'd learn to use evasiveness, rather than taking some of the hits he does. I like him as a Center, but in this case, he'd probably have a better game with less to worry about. So the wing is a good spot for the remainder of this year. Bruder is a kid who should be able to step up his game this year and next. He's punching above his weight class (natural talent level), but his hard work is a difference maker. Agostinelli... This kid is a mystery, but as a rookie, he's handling himself well. Can't wait to see him in a couple of years.

Howard would be a menace to other teams on the LW of the 4th line. And this move would free up a spot for another young defender (Cook), Campbell could also be serviceable on the wing here and as a 2ndary C on this line. Theriault is intriguing, but raw (has he reached his ceiling?). Sims could benefit from more play time. Competent faceoff man, and to my sight this season has the bigger upside for the future of the team. DeSimone could be moved to my 3rd line in place of Agostinelli. Like I said, BINGO machine.

LW - Castleman / C - Peters / RW - Lodnia
LW - Doherty / C - Uberti / RW - Butler
LW - Snow / C - Bruder / RW - Agostinelli
LW - Howard/Campbell / C - Theriault/Sims / RW - DeSimone

No matter what, I'd like to see some more chemistry developed quickly between the new players, and the more experienced Dogs. That will come with reps. Spending time together on the ice. Seeing who works better with whom.

Just a bit of brain droppings on a lazy Wednesday morning.

strohs 01-15-2020 11:51 AM

The Wednesday afternoon here is very lazy as well ... as is the rest of the week ... luckily the beer is cold and plentiful and the breeze is warm

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f1a382409d.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019