Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fourgrounds A/V Feedback (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=9647)

NiceDawg 01-25-2015 09:31 PM

In years past certain players had their own theme song (remember Evenflow by Pearl Jame every time Friesen scored? "Freeeeezen...")

dogs77 01-25-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 83694)
This has nothing to do with Fourgrounds but someone is listening - there were staff members in grey uniforms out before the game checking seats and wiping up the occasional scuff. Bravo!

I see staff members wiping the seats before every game... I also see people 5 minutes later stepping on said seats

trooper 01-26-2015 12:15 AM

I've loved what fourgrounds has done so far at the Meridian Centre. Good job guys.

One complaint, however, and im not sure if anyone has mentioned it. I absolutely can not stand when you guys play the big 'GO DOGS GO' video while the game is being played. When I watch hockey, I dont want to hear music or that super loud repeating drum or bass sound while the game is being played. This isnt basketball. I realize sometimes you start it and they quickly drop the puck, but isnt there a button to turn it off immediately? Most of the time you let it run on for like 10-15 seconds.

Other than that, like i said, good job guys!

fishfan51 01-26-2015 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trooper (Post 83711)
I've loved what fourgrounds has done so far at the Meridian Centre. Good job guys.

One complaint, however, and im not sure if anyone has mentioned it. I absolutely can not stand when you guys play the big 'GO DOGS GO' video while the game is being played. When I watch hockey, I dont want to hear music or that super loud repeating drum or bass sound while the game is being played. This isnt basketball. I realize sometimes you start it and they quickly drop the puck, but isnt there a button to turn it off immediately? Most of the time you let it run on for like 10-15 seconds.

I'm surprised the league hasn't said anything about it yet. Music and piped noise over the speaker system other than announcements during play is usually a pretty big no no.

NiceDawg 01-26-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfan51 (Post 83712)
I'm surprised the league hasn't said anything about it yet. Music and piped noise over the speaker system other than announcements during play is usually a pretty big no no.

That's true, once the puck drops the organ and effects/music are supposed to cease. I can see a losing team complaining eventually...

maddog 01-26-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trooper (Post 83711)

I love it when they play the go dogs go!!!
Trying to get the crowd into it and chant go dogs go or even clap.
The players love to hear us, even when play is going on.
If they didn't play the video, you could hear a pin drop in the rink it would be so dam quiet!!!!
I'm at a sporting event and want noisy, cheering fans to cheer your team rather than a funeral

NiceDawg 01-26-2015 11:42 AM

There is nothing stopping Fourgrounds from putting stuff up on the video screen, or getting the crowd amped during a stoppage and killing their feed when play resumes.

bulldog 01-26-2015 11:56 AM

I think the GO DOS GO chant has to be done during play.That's the whole point of it.

maddog 01-26-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 83715)
There is nothing stopping Fourgrounds from putting stuff up on the video screen, or getting the crowd amped during a stoppage and killing their feed when play resumes.

I can't believe we are even discussing this!!
Our dogs want to hear noise, chanting, clapping, etc. DURING PLAY and" go dogs go" is just that!!!

trooper 01-26-2015 12:38 PM

I'm not saying you can't put up the video during the play, just don't play the sound to it