Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Website up and down lately (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=10171)

AlphaDog 03-17-2016 11:18 AM

Website up and down lately

Yes, I'm completely aware that the site is sometimes not responding. Other times it's giving a dbase error.

Nothing has changed in the config, so I'm not sure what's going on. I've got someone with more know-how looking in to it, but until/unless the problem is found and fixed, it might just be something we'll have to put up with.

GRR.

NiceDawg 03-17-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDog (Post 96051)
Yes, I'm completely aware that the site is sometimes not responding. Other times it's giving a dbase error.

Nothing has changed in the config, so I'm not sure what's going on. I've got someone with more know-how looking in to it, but until/unless the problem is found and fixed, it might just be something we'll have to put up with.

GRR.

As a work-around if you are struggling to get to the login screen and getting a database error, try icedogfans.com instead of forum.icedogfans.com and then select the "Contact" option, then once you get logged in you can disregard sending any message through the contact form.

Stinkyp3t3 03-17-2016 12:19 PM

Have you tried an off-line defragmentation of the database?

AlphaDog 03-17-2016 03:00 PM

It could have been a table in the database called 'guestviews' that was used by an add-on that tracked the number of guest visits. I disabled the add-on. Not sure if it will fix things, but fingers crossed.

NiceDawg 03-17-2016 04:19 PM

Don't sweat it AlphaDog...there's plenty of people on here who are more than happy with things only working 50% of the time :p (ducking)

retired/sectionJ 03-17-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 96060)
Don't sweat it AlphaDog...there's plenty of people on here who are more than happy with things only working 50% of the time :p (ducking)

Good one LOL, And we even have a hockey team that only works 50% of the time as well LOL again and I too, am ducking.

Aircanuck 03-17-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 96060)

I figured he did it on purpose. With the ice dogs off for a few days you guys needed something else to shake your fists at. :p

NiceDawg 03-17-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 96062)
Good one LOL, And we even have a hockey team that only works 50% of the time as well LOL again and I too, am ducking.

My point exactly when the site runs at 99.99% the odd problem is forgotten! Great job AlphaDog (is now the right time to ask about a raise?)

Aircanuck 03-17-2016 05:17 PM

Well, this is THE nicest forum of all the OHL teams I have browsed, so hats off to you guys for making this happen.

New-guy question...who funds this endeavour?

NiceDawg 03-17-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aircanuck (Post 96066)
Well, this is THE nicest forum of all the OHL teams I have browsed, so hats off to you guys for making this happen.

Abject flattery is always in season. I have to agree, no other individual team has the kind of fan involvement that this one attracts - and that is based largely on the quality of the participants.

Quote:

New-guy question...who funds this endeavour?
AlphaDog is the site's benefactor.