Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Branch out on a Limb (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=7592)

Dylster 02-07-2012 03:12 PM

Branch out on a Limb

An article from the Toronto Sun exposing David Branch......a very good read:
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/06...-out-on-a-limb

rabiddogfan 02-07-2012 03:26 PM

Let's here him talk his way out of this one...lol

Dogman 02-07-2012 06:06 PM

What a poor excuse of a human being. Branch is truly an embarassment to the league and the sport of hockey. Legally it sounds like he could be held accountabale for putting his league ahead of the players safty.

AlphaDog 02-07-2012 06:31 PM

How many slaves need to rise up in order to overthrow such powerful a tyrant? I still don't believe it's possible. His iron grip on the owners and everyone around him is far too tight.

As fans, we have no power to boot him out of office, so all we can do is suck it up and live with it. :(

Komp 02-07-2012 08:09 PM

News/Media Notes on the OHL webpage shows nothing about the Yakupov suspension, why Mr. Branch why?????????

ckg927 02-07-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDog (Post 65871)
How many slaves need to rise up in order to overthrow such powerful a tyrant? I still don't believe it's possible. His iron grip on the owners and everyone around him is far too tight.

As fans, we have no power to boot him out of office, so all we can do is suck it up and live with it. :(

AD: With all due respect to the work you do on this site, I have four words for you...The hell you don't.

You have the wallet. That's the only weapon you have. The OHL and its teams are, like everything else, a business. It needs money from fans like us to survive and thrive. Deny them that, and they will get the message loud and clear: CHANGE OR DIE.

If destroying the OHL and every one of its teams is the only way to be truly rid of Mr. Branch....THEN SO BE IT!

(And, yes, that's me making the same point in the article the OP posted.)

ckg927 02-07-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komp (Post 65874)
News/Media Notes on the OHL webpage shows nothing about the Yakupov suspension, why Mr. Branch why?????????

I tend to think they're either A. trying to spin their way out of this mess, or B. the OHL knows that they were wrong and Yakupov was right.

AlphaDog 02-08-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckg927 (Post 65876)
AD: With all due respect to the work you do on this site, I have four words for you...The hell you don't.

You have the wallet. That's the only weapon you have. The OHL and its teams are, like everything else, a business. It needs money from fans like us to survive and thrive. Deny them that, and they will get the message loud and clear: CHANGE OR DIE.

True, but we're not hurting the OHL (or Branch for that matter) as a whole as much as we're directly hurting our team when we do that.

Trust me, there's been twice over the last 4 years that Branch's actions have caused me to say "I'm not going to renew my tickets next year, I can't take any more of this clown." - but I did. There's got to be a better way than denying our team a permanent cheering fan in the seat all season.

But after the Fletcher suspension, the Billingsley suspension, the Kuhnackle suspension, the no-helmet-off during fighting, the calling-everything-a-hit-to-the-head crap just because one player is taller than the other, it'll really be a surprise to myself if I renew next year. I did it this year because I've been waiting since '07 for a season like this. But another year of the cramped Jack and the guy who lords over this league? I can't see it happening. Not because I want to send a msg. I simply can't take it anymore. I'm not sending Branch a msg: he's driving me away! :ack2:

That, and the fact I work afternoons Sunday -> Thursday, and have to try and sell off my Thursday and Sunday tickets. I can't justify doing it all over again just for Friday/Saturday night Branch BS.

ckg927 02-08-2012 04:35 AM

AD: Agreed. But if the team asks why you're not renewing, tell them the reason why.

notl1733 02-08-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckg927 (Post 65876)

If destroying the OHL and every one of its teams is the only way to be truly rid of Mr. Branch....THEN SO BE IT!

(And, yes, that's me making the same point in the article the OP posted.)

Right on! That'll learn 'em. Time to lead by example, ckg! You first.