Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 (Week 22) (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11165)

123 G! 02-14-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogged74 (Post 132482)
I don’t disagree, 777. I think that just underlines again the tragedy of Tucker Tynan’s injury. Nothing personal to Andrew McLean, but that’s a save a goalie needs to have, whoever you are. That’s got to be disheartening on the bench. Especially when, if you’re on the bench, and the reason for the penalty is standing right behind you.
The Dogs have a handful of nice pieces on this team, but not that many. They simply cannot shoot themselves in the foot; they cannot score their way out of trouble. I was sitting in my spot, a few rows behind the bench, muttering ‘Shut up, Billy, shut up Billy..’ and then, Cairns turns around, and ‘T’s him up.’
It’s nothing personal: McLean is not good enough, and the Dogs don’t have anyone else.

It doesn't matter if Dominek Hasek is in goal you need to score more than one goal in a game. It amazes me people blame goalies. It doesn't matter if you lose 1-0 or 11-0 (like the IceDogs have been lately) if you don't score you don't win. No matter what goalie is in net.

Blacksox 02-14-2020 10:14 AM

For those of us eyeing the number 2 overall pick, Sarnia won to extend their lead to 3 points and Kingston remains 1 point back with 2 games in hand.

If Kingston is to claim that last playoff spot, they will need to get this done sooner rather than later. The Fronts play their next 4 games at home and then the next 7 on the road (Kingston hosting the Briar).

Having the #2 pick in the OHL Draft and #4 pick in the Import Draft can alter the fortunes of this franchise and have a far more long lasting effect then 4 playoff games against Ottawa.

The IceDogs have two players trying to impress the NHL scouts at the games - would it not be a good idea to play one of the leagues best players (Lodnia) on the LW with Uberti and Butler? Lodnia is so dominant when he is on the ice he elevates his line-mates play and capable of increasing their point production.

Not much is being gained playing Lodnia with Castleman and Bruder at this point.

dogged74 02-14-2020 10:39 AM

Black Sox, It’s not us here on the forum that you need to make an impression on as far as good ideas. It’s the coaching staff that’s a little light on hockey sense. And timing. And coaching fundamentals.

dogs777 02-14-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 G! (Post 132484)
It doesn't matter if Dominek Hasek is in goal you need to score more than one goal in a game. It amazes me people blame goalies. It doesn't matter if you lose 1-0 or 11-0 (like the IceDogs have been lately) if you don't score you don't win. No matter what goalie is in net.

You’re right in this league (and in almost every league) you need more than 1 to win people blame goalies cause it’s their job to not allow goals that “shouldn’t happen” and when they do it can mess with a teams confidence last night wasn’t on goaltending but he still should’ve had that one and who knows maybe the game is different we also went 0-2 on 5 on 3s if I remember correctly and even though we’re rebuilding that shouldn’t happen with the guys we have on the ice

dogs777 02-14-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 132485)
For those of us eyeing the number 2 overall pick, Sarnia won to extend their lead to 3 points and Kingston remains 1 point back with 2 games in hand.

If Kingston is to claim that last playoff spot, they will need to get this done sooner rather than later. The Fronts play their next 4 games at home and then the next 7 on the road (Kingston hosting the Briar).

Having the #2 pick in the OHL Draft and #4 pick in the Import Draft can alter the fortunes of this franchise and have a far more long lasting effect then 4 playoff games against Ottawa.

The IceDogs have two players trying to impress the NHL scouts at the games - would it not be a good idea to play one of the leagues best players (Lodnia) on the LW with Uberti and Butler? Lodnia is so dominant when he is on the ice he elevates his line-mates play and capable of increasing their point production.

Not much is being gained playing Lodnia with Castleman and Bruder at this point.

I think the scouts already have a good idea what those players are and playing them with Lodnia wouldn’t change minds that much but maybe try it once Lodnia gets back to himself which will take a few games (also hope I’m wrong but when I saw he returned last night first thing that came into my head was :9898: we probably make the playoffs now)

dogged74 02-14-2020 10:56 AM

The Dogs are going to have to have one heck of a winning percentage to make the playoffs. Which would require winning hockey games. Which requires competent coaching. This team cannot string two passes together.

dogs777 02-14-2020 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogged74 (Post 132489)
The Dogs are going to have to have one heck of a winning percentage to make the playoffs. Which would require winning hockey games. Which requires competent coaching. This team cannot string two passes together.

They looked like they could string passes together the last 2 games they just couldn’t finish around the net when they got chances. They don’t have to have one heck of a winning percentage (I only see 2-3 “winnable games” for Kingston the rest of the year) same with us

the dog 02-14-2020 12:12 PM

What was exact penalty on Robert's for helmet visor?

Blacksox 02-14-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the dog (Post 132491)
What was exact penalty on Robert's for helmet visor?

Eye shield not over his eyes.

NiceDawg 02-14-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 G! (Post 132484)

If you have limited confidence in your goalie and defensive team, you are less likely to leave the zone and attempt to score. Hockey 101 says you can't outscore a leaky back end.