Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Adrian Carbanara (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=10692)

hotdog fan 01-13-2018 01:29 PM

Adrian Carbanara

Just read on the OHL site Carbs got 2 games for abuse of an official last night. Maybe it's time David Branch started to look at officials officiating.

dogs77 01-13-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotdog fan (Post 113013)
Just read on the OHL site Carbs got 2 games for abuse of an official last night. Maybe it's time David Branch started to look at officials officiating.

I agree that the league needs to reevaluate the officiating.. that said at the end of the day this is 100% in Carbs... he was given 2.. ok fight your case... 10 was added... at that point its already tooate but you shut the hell up.... the game well that is just utter stulidity.... hes and OA. Hes supposed to be setting examples not losing his cool over a stupid interference call.. however i did notice that the game changed after that call

Chipperdog 01-13-2018 03:18 PM

So he did his job....the rest of the team said this refs a piece of:9898: nobody messes with us....Great job Carbs:hurray:

three dog night 01-13-2018 03:19 PM

Refs need a thicker skin a fast call like that he knew he blew the call.

strohs 01-13-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 113023)
Refs need a thicker skin a fast call like that he knew he blew the call.

Referee was embarrassing making that call and getting all emotional like that

But I agree with what was just said ... u get a ten ... u can’t do what he did

Two suspensions now since he’s been here? ... I like the way he plays but he’s useless if he’s going to keep getting suspended ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aircanuck 01-13-2018 05:01 PM

Go to the box, let the captain do the talking, let the coach do the talking. I am guessing his words weren't very eloquent. Sorry, you don't get to behave that way, and that's not his JOB. The refs have a pretty strong mandate to draw the line on post-call chatter, they'll enforce it every time.

NiceDawg 01-13-2018 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aircanuck (Post 113070)
Go to the box, let the captain do the talking, let the coach do the talking. I am guessing his words weren't very eloquent. Sorry, you don't get to behave that way, and that's not his JOB. The refs have a pretty strong mandate to draw the line on post-call chatter, they'll enforce it every time.

I'll take the other side of that argument. It was a quick whistle and a weak, weak penalty. Carbonara skated to the box, he wasn't dragged there kicking and screaming. The ref makes the call and the linesmen typically smooth things over. Instead Coloumbe stood by the box and engaged the player. He'd have been wiser to ignore the player and skate across the ice like most good refs do when they make a squeaky call. You can't be "abused" if you don't stand there looking for it.

dogs77 01-13-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 113072)
I'll take the other side of that argument. It was a quick whistle and a weak, weak penalty. Carbonara skated to the box, he wasn't dragged there kicking and screaming. The ref makes the call and the linesmen typically smooth things over. Instead Coloumbe stood by the box and engaged the player. He'd have been wiser to ignore the player and skate across the ice like most good refs do when they make a squeaky call. You can't be "abused" if you don't stand there looking for it.

Again after the 10 he should have shut his mouth... wether coulombe was in his face or not... hes the ref Carbs is the player... when the ref says shut up you shut up plus what ever Carbs said got him suspended so im sure it was more than just an f you type conversation... there have been a bunch of game misconduct penalties this season that have not been handed 2 games suspensions

retired/sectionJ 01-13-2018 05:45 PM

It is plain and simple, take your two minutes and go the sin bin and shut up.
But, last night, it sure did light a spark in our team though.

Unfortunately, he sits two games for the lawyer penalty.

NiceDawg 01-13-2018 05:50 PM

There are grown men who lose their minds in less provocative situations much less a 20 year old who knows he was in the right. There is a huge difference between being officious and being an official.