Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   An unlikely thing might save the OHL (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11158)

ckg927 01-23-2020 09:34 PM

An unlikely thing might save the OHL
 
And it's not what you think it is.

I DEFINITELY want to get the conversation going on this one. PLEASE feel free to chime in!

http://tvo.org/article/office-party-...g-theme-nights

three dog night 01-23-2020 10:34 PM

What ever it takes to bring fans in especially young ones .

pup96 02-09-2020 09:08 AM

I think there is a limit on the number of specialty jersey nights the team can have, which is stupid. Anyone else like the look of the Attack warm-up jerseys?

NiceDawg 02-09-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pup96 (Post 132362)
I think there is a limit on the number of specialty jersey nights the team can have, which is stupid. Anyone else like the look of the Attack warm-up jerseys?

The OHL had a 3 specialty jersey limit (but no limit on the various warm-up jerseys). I liked Owen Sound's grey disrupter pattern warm-up. The Meridian Jersey's are horrible and have remained so since they were unveiled.

strohs 02-09-2020 09:34 PM

An unlikely thing might save the OHL
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pup96 (Post 132362)
I think there is a limit on the number of specialty jersey nights the team can have, which is stupid. Anyone else like the look of the Attack warm-up jerseys?



Really I am getting tired of all these specialty jerseys ... reaks of a cash grab ... valentines jerseys on the 14th? Give me a break... where do those proceeds go to ? The players ?education fund?? Lol. Why do they not just say the proceeds are going to bill and Denise Burke lol



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiceDawg 02-09-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 132414)
Really I am getting tired of all these specialty jerseys ... reaks of a cash grab ... valentines jerseys on the 14th? Give me a break... where do those proceeds go to ? The players ?education fund?? Lol. Why do they not just say the proceeds are going to bill and Denise Burke lol

I am not sure about V-Day but the Pink shirts went for cancer and the Xmas one's went to Community Cares. The Burke have been entirely charitable and it wouldn't surprise me if the next batch supported a good cause as well.

NiceDawg 02-10-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 132414)
Really I am getting tired of all these specialty jerseys ... reaks of a cash grab ... valentines jerseys on the 14th? Give me a break... where do those proceeds go to ? The players ?education fund?? Lol. Why do they not just say the proceeds are going to bill and Denise Burke lol



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped being lazy and looked it up. As suspected the Valentine's Day Jerseys are indeed being auctioned off for charity:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niagara IceDogs
All the proceeds benefitting three local organizations, Mainstream Niagara, Community Living St. Catharines and The RAFT, equally.


bulldog 02-10-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 132414)
Really I am getting tired of all these specialty jerseys ... reaks of a cash grab ... valentines jerseys on the 14th? Give me a break... where do those proceeds go to ? The players ?education fund?? Lol. Why do they not just say the proceeds are going to bill and Denise Burke lol
h s


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry Stohs but you are soooo negative of anything connected to the Burkes that it may be good for your health to step away for a while. p.s. putting lol behind your comments do not make them funny.

strohs 02-10-2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog (Post 132424)
I am sorry Stohs but you are soooo negative of anything connected to the Burkes that it may be good for your health to step away for a while. p.s. putting lol behind your comments do not make them funny.



Actually I?m not negative about ?anything connected to the Burke?s?

MANY times I have said that they are great business people ...

IMO they are not great hockey people.

And so far I haven?t been ?too? negative about JB as GM ... other than the Militec trade stupidity ... BB, on the other hand, well, that?s another story.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strohs 02-10-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 132425)
Actually I?m not negative about ?anything connected to the Burke?s?

MANY times I have said that they are great business people ...

IMO they are not great hockey people.

And so far I haven?t been ?too? negative about JB as GM ... other than the Militec trade stupidity ... BB, on the other hand, well, that?s another story.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



I have no i idea why my app randomly keeps adding ? to my messages


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019