Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 (Week 22) (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11165)

NiceDawg 02-12-2020 02:51 PM

Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 (Week 22)

http://forum.icedogfans.com/picture....&pictureid=720
The Niagara IceDogs are hanging by a thread in the eighth place spot in the East. The team has 39 points (still) and a 0.375 win record. Niagaraís scoring leaders are Lodnia (22-29), Castleman (21-30) and Butler (16-11). There was no goaltending to speak of.

The gap to 9th place is currently at 1 point.

dogs777 02-12-2020 03:37 PM

Unless we get points tomorrow against Barrie I think the gap stays at 1 ahead come Sunday night

strohs 02-12-2020 05:25 PM

Whenever I see a lose thread I like to pull it and sometimes things fall apart ...

So let me pull the thread on the Dogs weak grasp at a playoff spot and see what unravels ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strohs 02-13-2020 05:57 PM

Given the Dogs horrible effort the last game I went to (and I do not feel like going out in the snow tonight, cannot find someone to watch the kids tomorrow night, and I hate Sunday afternoon games!) I?m not bothering wasting my time going to any games this weekend. Hopefully the dogs show up this weekend and at least give an effort.

Hoping for a zero point weekend. It would be nice if we were nOt outscored 4 goals against for every goal scored this weekend.

Go opponents go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogs777 02-13-2020 06:03 PM

Lodnia returns tonight according to Rod Mawhood

three dog night 02-13-2020 10:03 PM

Thought they played a bit better but little mistake seem to cost us big time nice to see Lodina back end this nasty streek tomorrow

dogged74 02-13-2020 10:04 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a better example of what an inexperienced sub-par coach can do for you:
It’s 3-1 Barrie, and the Dogs at least are showing signs of a possibility of a comeback. Billy is giving it to referee Cairns(he likely deserved it). The arena was empty and quiet enough that I could hear every word of the exchange between Burke and Cairns, including Cairns saying to Billy, ‘That’s enough! That’s enough! One more and you’re gettin’ it!(a bench minor)’.
Turns out it’s a 2 for unsportsmanlike and a 10. One shift later, 3-1 becomes 4-1, and its nighty-night. Ok that’s fine, make your point, Billy, then put a sock in it.

dogs777 02-13-2020 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogged74 (Post 132473)
I donít think Iíve ever seen a better example of what an inexperienced sub-par coach can do for you:
Itís 3-1 Barrie, and the Dogs at least are showing signs of a possibility of a comeback. Billy is giving it to referee Cairns(he likely deserved it). The arena was empty and quiet enough that I could hear every word of the exchange between Burke and Cairns, including Cairns saying to Billy, ĎThatís enough! Thatís enough! One more and youíre gettiní it!(a bench minor)í.
Turns out itís a 2 for unsportsmanlike and a 10. One shift later, 3-1 becomes 4-1, and its nighty-night. Ok thatís fine, make your point, Billy, then put a sock in it.

Your goalie could make a save on that breakaway goal softest goal Iíve seen in awhile your the forwards could actually score on a point blank shot for once instead of putting the puck wide.

dogged74 02-14-2020 08:04 AM

I don’t disagree, 777. I think that just underlines again the tragedy of Tucker Tynan’s injury. Nothing personal to Andrew McLean, but that’s a save a goalie needs to have, whoever you are. That’s got to be disheartening on the bench. Especially when, if you’re on the bench, and the reason for the penalty is standing right behind you.
The Dogs have a handful of nice pieces on this team, but not that many. They simply cannot shoot themselves in the foot; they cannot score their way out of trouble. I was sitting in my spot, a few rows behind the bench, muttering ‘Shut up, Billy, shut up Billy..’ and then, Cairns turns around, and ‘T’s him up.’
It’s nothing personal: McLean is not good enough, and the Dogs don’t have anyone else.

hotdog fan 02-14-2020 09:07 AM

I really don't think that Tucker was going to be our savior all year. With all the injuries we have had this would probably still be the outcome. Yes he was doing an awesome job up till the injury but not sure how it would of played out after all the other injuries we had. These boys are accountable for their play as of late. They need to make the passes and set themselves up to be able to put the puck in the net. Until this happens nothing will change.