Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How do we do this week?? (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=10629)

pup96 11-05-2017 09:43 PM

How do we do this week??

A disappointing weekend just passed. Niagara Ice Dogs got 1 point in two games. What's your take on this week facing the Colts and the Battalion?

three dog night 11-11-2017 08:07 PM

Hope for a sweep but I think they split.

dogged74 11-11-2017 10:24 PM

I’m thinking this weekend is an 0-fer. The Dogs have no semblance of a defensive game, and don’t typically take advantage of tired teams.

Red 11-11-2017 10:34 PM

They aren't scoring goals either. I have a new drinking game, take a shot every time they drop-pass instead of shooting. Be smashed by the second period :p

bulldog 11-12-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 110259)
They aren't scoring goals either. I have a new drinking game, take a shot every time they drop-pass instead of shooting. Be smashed by the second period :p

Try having one every time they give the puck away, you won't make out of the first.

Paws and Reflect 11-12-2017 09:16 AM

After witnessing last nights sub par performance ( being kind here ) its quite apparent the team is officially floundering. They are doubting themselves and have lost confidence in themselves out there. It really did appear as though they stopped skating once Barrie got up a few goals, as if saying, "Here we go again". I know a lot of you are putting the blame on our coaches, but realistically this game is played on the ice and they have to start showing some heart out there. These young men are playing potentially for their hockey futures and if that isn't enough to motivate them, they need to take a long look in the mirror. Its time some of the veterans on this team rally the boys and start leading by example. We are getting closer to a third of the way through the schedule and this recent direction is becoming unbearable after such an inspired start to the season. Come on guys, lets put it together. Go Dogs Go !!!

NiceDawg 11-12-2017 09:28 AM

While I agree with most of your post PaR, who ever is coaching them to drop pass all the time and take long shots from well outside, needs to stop that. The IceDogs have speed, yet all momentum is lost during a complicated series of drop pass transitions which confuse an opponent, but confuse Niagara players as well given the turn overs. Play simple hockey. Battle for puck possession. Skate to the net. Shoot hard and often. Avoid stupid penalties 100km from the play.

Biased Observer 11-12-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 110283)
While I agree with most of your post PaR, who ever is coaching them to drop pass all the time and take long shots from well outside, needs to stop that. The IceDogs have speed, yet all momentum is lost during a complicated series of drop pass transitions which confuse an opponent, but confuse Niagara players as well given the turn overs. Play simple hockey. Battle for puck possession. Skate to the net. Shoot hard and often. Avoid stupid penalties 100km from the play.

That was Bell's play last year, fast and very simple, not very pretty most of the time but effort was there every game and goals also. They should go back to the simple play, for now. They should also go back to playing three or four lines for most of the game like they did last y ear which allows them to skate fast for 60 minutes, overplaying couple of players isn't doing much now.

three dog night 11-12-2017 10:24 AM

They will win today I feel it in the air.

pg007 11-12-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 110288)
They will win today I feel it in the air.

thats just the wind chill you feel