Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   The Bay Street Bullies - LEAF TALK (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lou Lamoriello the GM of the Maple Leafs?! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=9895)

dogged74 07-23-2015 10:53 AM

Lou Lamoriello the GM of the Maple Leafs?!

Whaaaaa?!:blink:

AlphaDog 07-24-2015 05:31 AM

Their office is pretty stacked. Now they just gotta stack the roster :o

joecanadian 07-24-2015 10:39 AM

Another move in the right direction. Now will the media and fans will give them time to do this rebuild properly?

AuldBone 07-24-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecanadian (Post 88421)
Another move in the right direction. Now will the media and fans will give them time to do this rebuild properly?

Oh god no... The media in TO is out of control... They can make or break a player, and they know it... They revel in it...

dogged74 07-24-2015 12:38 PM

I didn't realize this thread was still active.. That's good. As a Habs fan(Habs/IceDogs, IceDogs/Habs, they interchange:)) just like Bulldogs v IceDogs, I love to see the Leafs improve, b/c that helps the greatest rivalry in pro sports. (as long as the Habs win, of course:)) drop the puck IceDogs v B-dogs, drop the puck Leafs v Habs!!!:thumbsup:

hockey123 07-24-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecanadian (Post 88421)

Not too sure how much I like this as a Leaf's fan. Jersey is a disaster right now and the Leafs finally seemed to heading in the right direction. I still think they'll stay the course on the rebuild but you never know. Lou loves veterans and boring hockey. I just hope he doesn't come in and get in the way of what Shanahan, Hunter and Dubas were doing, building through the draft with young players with talent taking a front seat to grit and size. I would have been more than happy if they just gave the job to Hunter or Dubas.

joecanadian 07-24-2015 04:43 PM

I would think that Shanahan had many discussions as to the direction they are going with the team. I am confident that they will stay the course this time. It looks like Lou was brought in more as a mentor to Dubas. And it doesn't hurt to have a very well respect man in the GM position.

strohs 07-25-2015 07:51 AM

Lou has had a horrible track record with UFA and signing his own players in the cap world. He doesn't have Conte with him who was the head NJ scout responsible for many of their great draft choices through the years. I think this is more headline grabbing than anything. I think Lou's best days are behind him.

But hey at least he was smart enough to not give David Clarkson an insane amount of money lol ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogged74 07-25-2015 08:08 AM

This point was made earlier, but it's dead on. Kyle Dubas is being groomed for the GM job. But this really reminds me of the Dryden/Nick Beverly/Fletcher days. This situation can work, but it won't be easy. Having three sorta-GMs is going to require some ego to be set aside, and millionaire businessmen usually have plenty of ego.

hockey123 07-26-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 88426)
Lou has had a horrible track record with UFA and signing his own players in the cap world. He doesn't have Conte with him who was the head NJ scout responsible for many of their great draft choices through the years. I think this is more headline grabbing than anything. I think Lou's best days are behind him.

But hey at least he was smart enough to not give David Clarkson an insane amount of money lol ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Conte will be in the fold within a week, but his drafting record has also not been good in a long time.