Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Season Ticket Renewal (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11217)

retired/sectionJ 08-08-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 134400)
Not sure what the original question was but based on the reply It sounds like, if the season-ticket holder puts down a $100 deposit for the coming season but feels for health and safety reason does not wish to purchase tickets for the 20-21, that deposit will allow the season ticket holder to defer his season tickets to the 21-22 season. So with that deposit, they won’t sell your seat as season tickets but perhaps sell it as a single game seat through the 20-21 season.

Perhaps RSJ can get additional clarification for us when he speaks directly to Raven, expressing his situation regarding personal health concerns.

Thank you all and I will call her on Monday and put the info on here.
Sounds exactly what I was hoping for that Blacksox wrote.

Either way, all is good.

NiceDawg 08-11-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 134401)
Thank you all and I will call her on Monday and put the info on here.
Sounds exactly what I was hoping for that Blacksox wrote.

Either way, all is good.

How did you make out?

retired/sectionJ 08-11-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 134403)
How did you make out?

Rather than calling, I sent her a long-winded email and I have not heard back from her yet. I expect that there is conversation going on and someone in a higher pay scale will be making a decision. I don't think that I would have gotten an answer from her yesterday, even if I had called.
Sorry for the delay.

retired/sectionJ 08-11-2020 05:00 PM

What Blacksox wrote in post #41 was pretty much bang on.

I just received this response from Raiven.

We would love to have you back for the 21-22 season. In order to secure your seats for the 21-22 season, a $100+tax per ticket deposit is required.

maddog 08-11-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 134405)

We would love to have you back for the 21-22 season. In order to secure your seats for the 21-22 season, a $100+tax per ticket deposit is required.

Haha, there you go!!
For some of you to quickly criticize management, jump to conclusions and speculate without asking management,,shame on you!!
You all know who you are, so dont hide now.
I give respect to RSJ for the only one so far to come forth, lets see how many others do.

RobDog 08-11-2020 06:45 PM

RSJ looking back at the Season Ticket Holder renewal email... OPTION 3 : Pay $100 deposit now, and pay the balance ( + HST) by November 1st... was always an option

I'm renewing 21 seats tomorrow in full, but I wanted to draw Option 3 to your attention.

NiceDawg 08-11-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog (Post 134406)
Haha, there you go!!
For some of you to quickly criticize management, jump to conclusions and speculate without asking management,,shame on you!!
I give respect to RSJ for the only one so far to come forth, lets see how many others do.

Before you go looking under the bed for conspiracy theorists, please refer to the IceDogs initial communication. Was there any announcement about a refund if the season was cancelled or shortened - nope. That information came as a result of a STH asking the question directly and getting an answer a day later. While you are reading the announcement from the IceDogs, check and see if you can find any mention of holding your seats for 2021-22. Was it there - nope. That information came about as a result of another STH asking the question directly as well. Blacksox answer was based on his opinion of what was right and good through other circumstances in other organizations - and to date, there has still not been an announcement publicly and widely supporting their adopted policies.

Perhaps it was the IceDogs intention to make these concessions all along and they forgot to say so, or it didn't occur to them, but they liked the idea. They are good people, it is entirely likely that was the case. Positive changes often come from one or two people asking questions and being listened to. I am glad I asked my question and that RSJ asked his. I also agree with Robdog's take on "option three".

retired/sectionJ 08-11-2020 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddog (Post 134406)
Haha, there you go!!

You should not forget that Blacksox put this info out first. Thank you

retired/sectionJ 08-11-2020 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobDog (Post 134407)
RSJ looking back at the Season Ticket Holder renewal email... OPTION 3 : Pay $100 deposit now, and pay the balance ( + HST) by November 1st... was always an option

I'm renewing 21 seats tomorrow in full, but I wanted to draw Option 3 to your attention.

You should remember that my question to the team was that it was my intention of not renewing my tickets for this season because of the Covid situation and our health concerns.

And, if I could keep the same seats for the 2021 / 2022 season. If I were to pay the $110.00 + tax per seats. My two seats would be held for me for the 2021/22 season.

I think that we are talking about two different scenarios here, Robdog

RobDog 08-11-2020 10:07 PM

When I call tomorrow, I will ask in detail the pay $100 and have my seat next year scenario.

I hope Raiven understood your question because I like you up two rows from me.

retired/sectionJ 08-11-2020 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobDog (Post 134411)
When I call tomorrow, I will ask in detail the pay $100 and have my seat next year scenario.

I hope Raiven understood your question because I like you up two rows from me.

Raiven understood the question full well. The email was a very long full of details . Such how long we have been STH, road games, out health issues and concerned about this coming season.

Her answer once again. Pay $100.00 plus tax for each seat and that will save our seats for the 21/22 season.

I cannot explain any simpler than that. Period and end of rant for me anyway.

strohs 08-11-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 134412)
Raiven understood the question full well. The email was a very long full of details . Such how long we have been STH, road games, out health issues and concerned about this coming season.

Her answer once again. Pay $100.00 plus tax for each seat and that will save our seats for the 21/22 season.

I cannot explain any simpler than that. Period and end of rant for me anyway.

So is that money then transferred to help pay down the balance owing for the 2021-22 season then? It?s a true ?deposit? and not a fee you are paying to hold your seat ?

If that?s the case I?ll probably do that this year ... and then if there is a season this year where fans are allowed then I?ll probably just buy flex packs as I?m probably not very likely to bring the kids much this year unless the virus is eradicated or there?s a widely available vaccine ...

I really have my doubts that they will even be allowed to have 50% capacity ... I just can?t see it ... hope I am wrong .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NiceDawg 08-11-2020 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 134413)

I really have my doubts that they will even be allowed to have 50% capacity ... I just can?t see it ... hope I am wrong

I am doubting it as well, I don't see Ontario moving that quick. I am also doubting the sustainability of OHL hockey if 50% capacity isn't allowed. The magic number is still between 2,500 and 3,000.

retired/sectionJ 08-11-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 134413)
So is that money then transferred to help pay down the balance owing for the 2021-22 season then? It?s a true ?deposit? and not a fee you are paying to hold your seat ?

If that?s the case I?ll probably do that this year ... and then if there is a season this year where fans are allowed then I?ll probably just buy flex packs as I?m probably not very likely to bring the kids much this year unless the virus is eradicated or there?s a widely available vaccine ...

I really have my doubts that they will even be allowed to have 50% capacity ... I just can?t see it ... hope I am wrong .

Yes Strohs, the 100.00 payment per seat plus tax. We hold your seats or seats for the 21/22 season. They will sell you seat to anyone for a game during the season. They will make some extra bucks selling the seat at the regular price.
My wife and I will most likely not renew our tickets for this season which will hopefully begin in December. We will be back in our regular seats the following season in our usual seats.
I hope we are all on the same page now. LOL

Blacksox 08-12-2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 134408)
Blacksox answer was based on his opinion of what was right and good through other circumstances in other organizations

Just to clarify my interpretation was based on the Information posted from ff51. At quick glance, many teams have not handled the STH situation nearly as well the IceDogs have in terms of ticket pricing - and especially in light of the most recent information, in regards to deferring 21-22 season tickets with a 100 dollars deposit.

Most OHL teams have taken a very different approaches during the pandemic - business as usual in many cases and collecting season ticket money well before the most recent return to play announcement. You even have Kitchener issuing this statement to their STH. “If canceling your 2020/21 tickets, you will be invited back as a Season Ticket Holder but will not be guaranteed the same seats for the 2021/22 season

Blacksox 08-12-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobDog (Post 134407)
I'm renewing 21 seats tomorrow in full

If that is not a typo, wow :cheers2:

Blacksox 08-12-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ (Post 134405)

The way the IceDogs have shown such great appreciation towards this loyal fan base over the years, I not really surprised by the positive response you received.

You have proven yourself to be a diehard IceDogs fan over the year - and it’s unfortunate that your underlying health condition will likely make it too risky for you and your wife to attend games - if and when. Continue to stay safe RSJ.
Perhaps use that money saved to purchase an OHL live package for IceDogs games?

retired/sectionJ 08-12-2020 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 134418)
The way the IceDogs have shown such great appreciation towards this loyal fan base over the years, I really didn’t expect anything other than the positive response you received.

You have proven yourself to be a diehard IceDogs over the year - and it’s unfortunate that your underlying health condition will likely make it too risky for you and your wife to attend game - if and when. Continue to stay safe RSJ.
Perhaps use that money saved to purchase an OHL live package for IceDogs games.

Thank you Blacksox for the kind words and just because we may not be at the home games this season, does not mean that we are going to walk away.
My wife even suggested that I could go to the games if I wished. Now, she is concerned about both of us but, I think that she is more concerned about me as i am the higher risk.
The idea of going to games without her and coming home to her does not just not sit well with me. Sort of defeats the purpose.

I have suggested to Raiven that if things are way better in the new years and the pandemic is really under control, that she may get a phone call from me about being a couple of game tickets when we feel comfortable about going there and we would talk to her at the will call box or just print the tickets at homw. LOL

I am still going to be a member here and occasionally still get under some members skins, but that is me. Not going away, just distancing LOL Thanks again Blacksox and I am certain that you and I will continue to not always disagree LOL again.

Stay safe folks and PS: We have Cogeco TV so, we will watch all 64 games and playoffs on TV.

NiceDawg 08-12-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 134416)
Just to clarify my interpretation was based on the Information posted from ff51. At quick glance, many teams have not handled the STH situation nearly as well the IceDogs have in terms of ticket pricing - and especially in light of the most recent information, in regards to deferring 21-22 season tickets with a 100 dollars deposit.

Most OHL teams have taken a very different approaches during the pandemic - business as usual in many cases and collecting season ticket money well before the most recent return to play announcement. You even have Kitchener issuing this statement to their STH. “If canceling your 2020/21 tickets, you will be invited back as a Season Ticket Holder but will not be guaranteed the same seats for the 2021/22 season

In marketing terms we refer to that as "an error" . A STH is a team's bread and butter. If you start losing them your financial health follows. Very few teams (London) have a waiting list for STH, so you can't afford to chase them away. I encourage Niagara to go public with their stance on STH health and reassure them regarding refunds and reservations for what will hopefully be an anomalous year.

strohs 08-13-2020 09:25 AM

That will certainly alienate some people in those markets buy my father in law tells me the Rangers have over the years had a waiting list of over 1,000 people looking to buy season tickets ...

So I guess some markets can afford that luxury

bulldog 08-13-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 134417)
If that is not a typo, wow :cheers2:

It's not a typo

Blacksox 08-14-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulldog (Post 134422)
It's not a typo

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/I4wGMXoi2kMDe" width="480" height="347" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/giphyqa-I4wGMXoi2kMDe">via GIPHY</a></p>

Dogs Enthusiast 104 08-15-2020 06:06 PM

I renewed this week. I was told the only way to get into a game this year is with a season ticket. So no public sales. Not sure if anyone mentioned that yet.

retired/sectionJ 08-15-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 134471)
I renewed this week. I was told the only way to get into a game this year is with a season ticket. So no public sales. Not sure if anyone mentioned that yet.

I believe that you are the first with this info, but, I could be wrong here.
Thank you

dogs777 08-15-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 134471)

You may be the first to mention it on here but I believe that was in an email the other day

maddog 08-15-2020 07:38 PM

From Raiven email:

Will the arena be at full capacity?
If there are restrictions regarding capacity come December, only Season Ticket holders will have access to tickets.

strohs 08-16-2020 07:26 PM

I?m leaning towards sitting this season out due to the pandemic unfortunately .... still have a couple days to decide .... I simply can?t see them even allowing 50% capacity by dec 1.

My Monday night ice hockey hour was advised that starting sep 14 when arenas open for ice rentals that you can only use the change rooms for fifteen minutes prior to and after your rental due to COVID concerns.

So how the heck are we going to move from that to 50% capacity on dec 1 for watching spectator sports indoors ... in a span of 2.5 months?

I just can?t see it

I think the OHL and IceDogs by extension are evilly optimistic about the upcoming season ....

strohs 08-18-2020 04:50 PM

I have always renewed by the early bird deadline in order to save the HST. However as of this date I just emailed Raiven and told her I wont be renewing at this time due to the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic.

I truly hope Im wrong but I simply cannot see the OHL being able to hold games indoors with large crowds this season.

Ive been a STH since day 1, and the only reason Im not renewing at this time is because of the whole pandemic issue.

Hopefully come Dec 1 games will be played and people will be in attendance .... however, given my pessimistic personality by nature I would be shocked if that were the case.

GDG

RobDog 08-18-2020 07:31 PM

Curious, why not renew and if the season is a flop, then request a refund ?

NiceDawg 08-18-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobDog (Post 134523)

That was my thought, throw down $100 and see what happens by November 1st.

Chipperdog 08-18-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 134524)
That was my thought, throw down $100 and see what happens by November 1st.

That's what I will be doing.

Blacksox 08-18-2020 09:03 PM

Still got time..

From Raiven today.

Good afternoon Season Ticket Holders,

Thank you all for your tremendous support as we get ready to play. Due to the high volume of emails and phone calls, the EARLY BIRD PRICING has been EXTENDED to FRIDAY AUGUST 21st!

I do not want to let anyone down. If you do not get through right away, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

strohs 08-18-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobDog (Post 134523)

Because if the season doesn?t go on like I fear it may not, dont want to have to be chasing them down for $500. Lol

Currently I?m waiting for Darien Lake to refund me $400 USD (the check is apparently in the mail they say) ... and I?m also waiting for Rapids Theatre to send me money for a cancelled show from May ...

Enough is enough lol

maddog 08-19-2020 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strohs (Post 134529)
Because if the season doesn?t go on like I fear it may not, dont want to have to be chasing them down for $500. Lol

Currently I?m waiting for Darien Lake to refund me $400 USD (the check is apparently in the mail they say) ... and I?m also waiting for Rapids Theatre to send me money for a cancelled show from May ...

Enough is enough lol

I believe you are comparing apples to oranges here.
The Icedogs management are a different commodity and you would not lose your money as they will accomodate you.
Enough is enough,,lol

three dog night 08-23-2020 11:16 AM

Put my deposit down for next season since I am facing an operation some time this year if there no Covid spike my doctor told me to avoid crowds.

retired/sectionJ 08-23-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 134550)
Put my deposit down for next season since I am facing an operation some time this year if there no Covid spike my doctor told me to avoid crowds.

Good luck with you surgery when it happens and a speedy recovery.