Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !

Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! (http://forum.icedogfans.com/index.php)
-   Niagara IceDogs - Pictures, Videos, Audio (http://forum.icedogfans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Goal Against Songs (http://forum.icedogfans.com/showthread.php?t=11109)

NiceDawg 11-06-2019 05:31 PM

New Goal Against Songs

With respect to everyone who enjoys "It's a hard knock life" or the very sanitized version of Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" can we pu-leez come up with some new songs for when the other teams score on the IceDogs? I appreciate this is a rebuild year and the lamp will likely be lit behind Niagara's goalie more often than not but how about a break from the tired old anthems??

...Forum?

Blacksox 11-06-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 130268)
With respect to everyone who enjoys "It's a hard knock life" or the very sanitized version of Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" can we pu-leez come up with some new songs for when the other teams score on the IceDogs? I appreciate this is a rebuild year and the lamp will likely be lit behind Nigeria's goalie more often than not but how about a break from the tired old anthems??

...Forum?

Please get rid of "Its a Hard Knock Life" and "It's Gonna Be Alright". I can't stand those two songs anymore (or ever actually).

dogged74 11-06-2019 05:45 PM

I guess the first question is, must there be a ‘goal-against’ song? I’d concur with the idea that anytime the Dogs stop playing that ‘Gonna Be Alright’ thing is a good time.
The only thing I’d say is, while the ‘Who Cares?’ graphic is great, it does lead sometimes to the bussed-in opposition fans yelling ‘We Do!!’ which kinda kills the mood.
What’s a good emotional-recovery-after-disappointment song? Some kind of comeback song, or ‘we’re-gonna-get-you-back’ kinda song....

ckg927 12-13-2019 12:07 AM

Hmmm....would Pink's So What be a good song to play after the opposing team scores?

NiceDawg 02-09-2020 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckg927 (Post 130877)
Hmmm....would Pink's So What be a good song to play after the opposing team scores?

I noticed tonight when Sudbury got scored upon they used the "crickets" sound effect. I'd rather hear something upbeat or silence than a "mocking" sound.

Blacksox 02-09-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckg927 (Post 130877)

Wasnít familiar with this song by title but without a doubt this is 100x better than same three songs they have been playing the last few years: Shake it Off - Hard Knock Life - We Gonna Be Alright.

It time to change up the music too. Itís getting old fast.

http://youtu.be/hv554pBekNA

...and why has there not been a single Rush song played since Neil Peart passed away?

Fourground needs to step up their game too. Itís the same songs but in a different order for the last couple of years.

Blacksox 02-16-2020 10:19 PM

Two new goal against songs used today...

Don't Impress me Much - Shania Twain
Don't Do Me Like That - Tom Petty

In addition, they veered off their usual same 20 - 30 songs and played some new one today, but still not a single song by Rush. After Neil Peart passed away, you could hear Rush songs in every arena except here (Neil Peart - St. Catharines native :blush:)

three dog night 02-16-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 132600)
Two new goal against songs used today...

Don't Impress me Much - Shania Twain
Don't Do Me Like That - Tom Petty

In addition, they veered off their usual same 20 - 30 songs and played some new one today, but still not a single song by Rush. After Neil Peart passed away, you could hear Rush songs in every arena except here (Neil Peart - St. Catharines native :blush:)

He grew up here he was born in Hamilton.

Blacksox 02-16-2020 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 132605)
He grew up here he was born in Hamilton.

Neil Peart - a long time resident of St Catharines :D. Just play at least one Rush song to honour him at each game.

three dog night 02-16-2020 11:44 PM

Do they have permission to play Rush songs.

NiceDawg 02-17-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by three dog night (Post 132608)
Do they have permission to play Rush songs.

They have played them in the past. There is a royalty structure.

Dogs Enthusiast 104 02-17-2020 06:24 PM

They should be playing Lakeside Park at every game, somehow.

I think it was a different DJ yesterday. Slightly different mix of songs. Heard some Zeppelin and Rage Against the Machine. Don't remember hearing that before.

NiceDawg 02-17-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 132631)
They should be playing Lakeside Park at every game, somehow.

Limelight or Spirit of Radio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 (Post 132631)
I think it was a different DJ yesterday. Slightly different mix of songs. Heard some Zeppelin and Rage Against the Machine. Don't remember hearing that before.

More Metallica too...

TwoPadStack 02-17-2020 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDawg (Post 132638)
Limelight or Spirit of Radio.

More Metallica too...

And, MR JOHNNY CASH. Didn't see that one coming.

Dogs Enthusiast 104 02-17-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoPadStack (Post 132641)
And, MR JOHNNY CASH. Didn't see that one coming.

Yes! Burning Ring of Fire!

strohs 02-25-2020 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacksox (Post 132607)
Neil Peart - a long time resident of St Catharines :D. Just play at least one Rush song to honour him at each game.

Exactly

His formative years were in St Catharines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogs Enthusiast 104 02-25-2020 06:52 PM

Speaking of Peart.

Anyone know the presale code for the memorial concert at the MC?

ckg927 08-05-2020 05:52 PM

Here's a new one: Johnny Cash-Ain't No Grave.

Read the lyrics and I think you'll agree.