View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 11:32 AM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
The City of Hamilton has just rejected a bid to build a parking garage and a 5,000 seat arena for a total of $126,000,000. Iíd have to see the parking garage - it must be a heckuva place for that kind of coin. I remember a lot of proposals around here involving a parking garage. And some thought that without that parking garage, the arena was a no-go.
Really makes you appreciate what we ended up getting, for the paltry sum of 50 million dollars
I really want this arena to work out in Hamilton. I want a playoff series that ignites a lifelong, bitter, violent rivalry
The whole concept was ridiculous in my opinion. The arena would be built at the Lime Ridge Mall and the parking garage would likely also be used for mall shoppers. It would benefit the mall greatly and the majority of the money to build it would be coming from the taxpayers. In addition the arena seating capacity would be great for OHL hockey but too small for the majority of concerts and other events that are currently hosted at the First Ontario Centre Arena.

This proposal was designed to benefit the Mall and Bulldogs but was not in the City of Hamiltonís best interest.