View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 06:09 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,183 Times in 1,386 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I was really surprised when I watched the Icedogs Xtra show on Cogeco last week. Media across the country and even in the US have been talking about the leaked WhatsApp conversation, the much criticized apology from the IceDogs and the rumours of the team being sold. The Icedogs scandal was literally making headlines across Canada. There has never been so much media attention on the Icedogs.

But the Icedogs Xtra show said nothing. They made a quick reference to the incident when they said the players could be excused for being distracted because of the suspension but that was it. Really? The whole situation is being analyzed in media everywhere and a show that is suppose to be all about the Icedogs pretty much ignored the whole thing? It really hurts the credibility of the show.

Even the OHL round table that is played between the second and third periods on Cogeco OHL broadcasts discussed the incident because itís pretty hard to ignore something that has gotten so much attention. But somehow the Icedogs Xtra show didnít think it deserved any attention.

I would like to think this weekís year in review show will discuss it but sadly I think it will be ignored again. If this show wonít even discuss what is arguable the most analyzed and talked about event in Icedogs history, is the show even worth watching?
Why would we be surprised by the silence from the members of this show. They have no choice but to surrender to the Burkes. If they were to go deep into this, the team would cut them off from information on the club in the future. This show is about the ice dogs after all. No more interviews from staff and players. No access to the media area, etc. They say too much, their show disappears. It's all about censorship.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: