View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 11:35 AM

Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,414 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Apples to apples, Castleman is 17 and Thomas is 16. Yes, they're both rookies, but this is is Castleman's NHL draft year. I'm not sure he'll get drafted. I wouldn't call Castleman a "fluke" nor "that good". If he was a real 16 year old rookie, it would be a different story. Thomas is the real deal.
When you look at their birthdates, Castleman is a late '99 (September 15) and Thomas is a very early '00 (January 2) so age isn't really the determining factor. Thomas has had the advantage of top line players and power play time, whereas Castleman has had a mix of second and third line mates. I wouldn't call him a fluke either, he is usually in the right place and doing the right thing. He may get drafted late round this year but it will be an outside chance. Both players play well but Niagara being in full rebuild has helped each of them significantly.