View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,365 Times in 967 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
When you look at their birthdates, Castleman is a late '99 (September 15) and Thomas is a very early '00 (January 2) so age isn't really the determining factor. Thomas has had the advantage of top line players and power play time, whereas Castleman has had a mix of second and third line mates. I wouldn't call him a fluke either, he is usually in the right place and doing the right thing. He may get drafted late round this year but it will be an outside chance. Both players play well but Niagara being in full rebuild has helped each of them significantly.
They might be close in actual birth dates but when it comes to minor/junior hockey. It's a big factor that one is a 99 and one is 00, it means Castleman has played an extra year of hockey and in turn has one year less of eligibility.

I'd bet Castleman doesn't get drafted, but next year Thomas goes in the first two rounds of the NHL draft.

Thomas should score 30 goals next year if he continues on the path he's on now. If we compare next years Thomas' stats to this years Castlemans, it's a clearer picture of where they are at the same point in their career.

In no way am I trying to take anything away from Castleman, he's been a nice surprise. I just think that Thomas is already the better player and has another year to go.