View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 02:22 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
It is great to follow the loyalty of the fans on this site. People saying they prefer this team to last year's that won a conference championship. Wow that is loyalty. Commenting that this year's team is over achieving. They are in 18th place in a 20 team league and only 1 point ahead of the 19th place team that plays in the much tougher western conference. How is that over achieving unless the expectation was to be dead last in the entire league. Rebuild does not mean bottom out - when the Ice Dogs won their first Conference championship they easily made the playoffs the next year. Being in 9th place in the 10 team Eastern Conference in a year where many say the Eastern Conference is the weakest in history is not over achieving.
I would agree with you that last year's team was much better. I have friends who tell me they miss last year's highly skilled team and how much better it was watching them. I think the problem is that so many people on this forum believed that every loss last year was due to a lack of effort, which was not the case. The whole country club thing was grossly overexaggerated on this forum.

But if you don't think this team is overachieving, your expectations before the season began were probably not realistic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post: