Thread: 2017 Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 11:08 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
How far do you think Hughes will drop with all the NCAA talk....probably not past London, who he will surprisingly report to! I would hate to let him get by us but dont want to waste the pick (even though we get another supplemental first rounder next year)...quite the dilemma!
Well this is just going to bring up old arguments. So I'm just going to get it out there... I still feel, if you want to play in the OHL you should have to declare draft eligibility. And if you don't like where you were drafted to, too bad, report and play hard to make yourself valuable trade bait, or don't report and play somewhere else.

I'm getting kind of sick of this nonsense around the draft. If you don't want to play in the OHL, fine, we don't need you. But if you DO want to play in the OHL, but just don't get drafted to where you want to go, or are being advised to subvert the draft, and making back room deals, dangling an NCAA commitment to influence where you're going to end up. That's just classless behaviour, on the part of the team influencing you, and on your part.

But what if he changes his mind? Hey if the kid doesn't want to play in the 'O' then make him ineligible to sign until the next draft, when he can properly declare his eligibility, be drafted, and signed by whomever wants him. The shady dealings, and backroom Bull that's been (appearing to be) going on the last few years makes me sick. Not just as a fan of Niagara, but as a fan of hockey in general. I've never enjoyed players who subvert rules to get what they want just because they see themselves as more valuable than hockey, and therefore feel the rules don't apply to them. Also sickened by weak a$$ executives who lack the guts to call the bluff of these kids. Or aren't willing to fix broken rules because it benefits who they want on top.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post: