Thread: 2017 Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 02:38 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
It was once preached to me that 'The Hockey Gods' hate cowards... Take a chance if he's available is my stance as well. Never know, maybe he could be convinced to report if he likes the hockey being played. And I have a feeling if he 'miraculously' changes his tune about playing in the 'O', we'll have no trouble finding a 'golden' buyer if he's just against playing in a small market. If not, what exactly do we lose? There are no more than 5 or 6 slots that need to be filled on the team. And not all 1st rounders are Akil Thomas 'SuperRookie' types... And of those 5-6 slots, 2 will likely be OAs. So, 3-4 players is all we really have room for, unless some of our current crop of rookies become slugs over the summer.

And some of those spots could probably be filled with players already 'in the system' sure some might have to be convinced to show up. But that's what you have a GM for... Oh wait... Never mind, shouldn't be a problem, right? Other teams do fine with no titular GM.
5 or 6 spots? I see 3 maybe 4 spots