View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 01:10 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Straight from The Standard (and I assume other papers/online publications are similar) :

Quote:
Stories and photos from The Standard are copyrighted and cannot be posted online without permission. If people want to post an article, they must contact Sun Media's News Research Dept. at 416-947-3123 for permission and pay a fee for use of the story or photo.
Linking to a story is fine, and there is no cost. Your fans could give a brief description of what the story is about and then post the URL link to The Standard. We cannot guarantee how long the link will remain active, but generally it is for a considerable period.
So PLEASE KEEP POSTING ARTICLES but post maybe just the first paragraph, then a LINK to the article on the other web site.

I know this sucks - I rarely click the link, read the article, then come back and comment. It's so much more convenient to have the article right in front of you in a msg, with the Reply button right there in front of you. But, that's the rules from The Standard, so we need to abide by them. Any new articles posted in their entirety (or close to it), sadly will have to be removed.

And as I explained to someone else in a private message, the main reason I like having the articles in their entirety is because it because of dead links. External sites can move their files around, delete content, etc.. and the link is still on here pointing to it. But luckily, most articles people talk about here are about recent things - people rarely go back and read old messages of old news articles.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by AlphaDog; 11-19-2010 at 01:12 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post: