View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 03:25 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I am with you. I think the team is playing very well and given the number of close battles it is just a matter of time before they work out the bugs and start winning some of those games. I don't believe that will translate into a high finish, but it will be good experience for them leading into next year.
I don't mind losing close games, the effort is there, if not the skill set (yet). I'm with your school of thought, this is a team that will beat some teams, probably ones they have no business beating. They won't make the playoffs ( I don't think anyway ), but they could finish strong for having so much youth. And the players that we have coming back next year will be stronger for it. Smarter, stronger and wiser. Adversity is the best way to make a good player, a better player. At the very least this year will help them separate the wheat from the chaff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
As for the crowds, numbers are sometimes deceptive. The "attendance" figures are based on paid seats not the numbers of bums actually occupying those seats. I suspect people who are critical are looking at the number of empty blue chairs on game day. Most OHL teams have lower numbers this time of the year, and teams who are winning draw more fans than teams who aren't.
I remember seeing a lot of blue last season around this time of year, I think some people have selective memories. They remember the sea of red during the playoffs last season, and because the difference in colour is so jarring, they panic about numbers. It's not a big deal. I would imagine the team is almost exactly where they expected to be.

Is it frustrating to see a team go out there, work like crazy and still lose? Yeah, but it makes for exciting, dramatic hockey. I have no illusions about this team. After last season it's refreshing to see the attitude the team has, win or lose. This is the hockey that I love most. Watching a team come together, watching them struggle to succeed, and on occasion, getting to see them succeed.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post: