Thread: Ice Dogs 2016?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 02:03 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,011 Times in 1,383 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I would bring Aargaard back as an overager. Imo, he is a solid two-way player, fairly good skater, very good forechecker, and not afraid to take a hit or give one. Also, i don't believe we can get someone that much better in the position where we will select in the import draft. Lastly, he seems to love it here in niagara and gives 100% every shift.

So, with 3 overagers gone, plus 3 out of 6 95's gone(can keep 4 till the jan deadline), it looks like we will have at least 6 open spots for next year. Those openings are mainly on forward positions. Therefore, i believe we will be selecting forwards with those 2 first round picks. It doesn't look like our 98 forward prospects our lighting up the score sheet ie. Langdon, krassey, ruesschoff, fredreric, dame, etc.

On defense, i believe our 98's big stay at home defensemen - either crowder or more probable wieranga, may push wilkie and mikulovich for a spot. Schaeffer is more of an offensive def and not the size as the other two, i just mentioned. Also, i'm not sure if we still hold the rights to ryan sarris who is playing for whitby fury?

In net, i believe either langford or minney may push dhillon as the back up to moran.
Minney's at Mich State. Doubt he'll report.

If they can talk Frederic into reporting it would be big. He was a first round talent.

There's no guarantee Mantha is back as he can play in the AHL next year. He wasn't drafted out of the OHL so the Rangers may decide to keep him. He'll likely be back but he would be a big loss if not. He's really played well after adjusting to the league.

Hopefully they bring back Mikulovich.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post: