View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 04:59 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,360 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsphotog View Post
If, and I say if, they build a new arena I think the design should be somewhat comparable to a sized down Copp's Coliseum. You have 2 bowls, upper and lower. Lower holds 4000, upper holds another 2000-3000. the upper bowl also has blackout curtains that hide it during games where fan support is under 4000. You can also configure the blackout curtains to open on the sides of the arena so if you got 5000 the could go there instead of turning tickets away. Again, just my $0.02
OMG!!! That's is WAAAY to strange. I *JUST* thought of that *EXACT* idea last night while watching TV! Have it so the capacity is there to house big crowds when needed, but have an upperbowl that you could curtain off, so as to make it look like the building is half empty. And the use of black in any room makes it look smaller, so you could close off the upper bowl completely and stil maintain a small intimate feeling with the crowd down below.

Hehe, it's really weird you posted that because I was going to post the same msg. late last night but figured I've already posted dozens of wish-list ideas for a new arena.