View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Funny actually, the two worst teams at the bottom of the standings maybe the most difficult to play against soon.

Can you imagine both Jones and #44 both sticking with their NHL clubs next year? Good for them if they do, right?
Right????
Not going to happen... From what I'm seeing so far this season, Jones is a minimum of 4 years from being ready, assuming he stays on his current development curve. He does a couple of things well, but he's got soooooo far to go. He's not going to be a 'direct to NHL' guy, my belief is that he will do at least a couple of years in the ECHL and AHL, before he gets much of a look. He's gotten bigger and stronger, and is doing much better in the faceoff circle, but make no mistake, he's got a laundry list of things to work on. I'm betting on a Jordan Maletta type of trajectory for young Mr Jones.

Thomas is definitely doing well for himself. However I don't see him making a jump immediately. He looks good, but he's still small, and not strong on the boards. I'd like to see him stand up for himself a bit more, maybe take a fight or two this season. And yes, IF he did make an NHL squad next year, he'd be missed, but I don't think it would wreck chances for a run.

I would be more concerned that Stephen Dhillon catches on with someone next season, and is offered a spot in the AHL. The IceDogs do NOT have a viable backup in place to take over. Incze has looked both amazing, and terrible this season.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post: