View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 12:27 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,360 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
AD: With all due respect to the work you do on this site, I have four words for you...The hell you don't.

You have the wallet. That's the only weapon you have. The OHL and its teams are, like everything else, a business. It needs money from fans like us to survive and thrive. Deny them that, and they will get the message loud and clear: CHANGE OR DIE.
True, but we're not hurting the OHL (or Branch for that matter) as a whole as much as we're directly hurting our team when we do that.

Trust me, there's been twice over the last 4 years that Branch's actions have caused me to say "I'm not going to renew my tickets next year, I can't take any more of this clown." - but I did. There's got to be a better way than denying our team a permanent cheering fan in the seat all season.

But after the Fletcher suspension, the Billingsley suspension, the Kuhnackle suspension, the no-helmet-off during fighting, the calling-everything-a-hit-to-the-head crap just because one player is taller than the other, it'll really be a surprise to myself if I renew next year. I did it this year because I've been waiting since '07 for a season like this. But another year of the cramped Jack and the guy who lords over this league? I can't see it happening. Not because I want to send a msg. I simply can't take it anymore. I'm not sending Branch a msg: he's driving me away!

That, and the fact I work afternoons Sunday -> Thursday, and have to try and sell off my Thursday and Sunday tickets. I can't justify doing it all over again just for Friday/Saturday night Branch BS.

Last edited by AlphaDog; 02-08-2012 at 12:29 AM.