Thread: Ice Dogs 2016?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 09:16 PM
1st Line

trooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other memberstrooper is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I am relatively new to the Ice Dog Fan Forum. Its certainly filled with a lot of knowledgeable Ice Dogs fans.

A solid playoff run this year is definitely a possibility, but if our core players return next year the Ice Dogs would be legitimate Memorial Cup contenders.

I would be interested in knowing your thoughts on some or all of these questions:

1. Who do you see returning next year and why?
2. Who do you think will not return and why not?
3. Which 3 (or 4) over-age players (current 95s) will they retain next year?
4. They will have two first round picks in April any idea as to who they might get?
5. What will the team look like from the goal out?
Non 95's who will be back
Perlini, Ho-Sang, Knott, Paquette, Gillard, Corneil,
Dunn, Siebenaler, Wilkie, Haydon, Mikulovich, Mantha

Overagers who return
Maletta + DiFruscia: Both locals, both good players (assuming DiFruscia actually plays at the level that we all know he can)

Overagers who don't return
Aagaard - Will likely pick up one or two more young guys in the import draft.
Brosnan - All the other D are returning, there just won't be any room for him.
Fitzmorris - Hard to have an overager who is just an energy and PK guy. Unfortunate really.

Up in the air overager
Verhaeghe - would like to have him back but who knows what will happen. Can he make the Marlies? I'm not sure. Does he make the Solar Bears? Probably, but is there room? Would they rather him back in junior? Who knows

Goalies
Moran,
Dhillon

OHL draft
Certainly forwards
The Following User Says Thank You to trooper For This Useful Post: