View Single Post
Old 01-30-2020, 05:13 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,804 Times in 1,366 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks4 View Post
Is this something that would cost closer to $1000 or $100?

Realistically, someone with up-to-date server knowledge should be able to do it in an hour...

I have a friend I went to college with who's still in the biz, who actually helped me migrate my sites to this server from my old one, but we've lost touch and he's living in Germany now...

Really all we need is a networking person to do it. Simple copy of some directories, create database, necessary DNS/reverse DNS entries, etc etc....

But to be done properly (or at all), they'll probably need root access to this server, and once the service is shut down, that won't be possible. So if we find someone we'll need to do it soon. And unfortunately, I work from 7a-4p then I'm completely taken up after that and on weekends (also the reason I'm not on here much any more...).

Before, if you were migrating from one server to the other, and they shared the same control panels, you could often auto-migrate entire sites. Not possible this time