View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 10:51 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,000 Times in 653 Posts
dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Really on the tipping edge..

Here is a recurring thought Iíve had/canít seem to get away from:
As we know, this has been a very trying season, right from the point where Tucker Tynan was injured. One really would like to think that thatís not where the season ended, but it really was. Iíve said before that this is Year One of the rebuild, and thatís fine. But what is really troubling to me is that I really think that Tynanís injury really only exposed an underlying problem. And that is, that there were a lot of things going on at the time that masked the fact that Billy Burke is incompetent as a coach. It was in the Dogsí most recent postgame scrum that Billy Burke essentially admitted that he doesnít know what to do. Heís out of answers. And to me as a fan, thatí scares me to the core. Not because he doesnít know what heís doing, but because we know heís not going to step down at the end of this season. Heís not going to be fired, and Mum and Dad are not going to reassign him.
This is why, for good or bad, I cringed when Ted Dent bailed/was kicked out. Whatever his approach was, he was at least an outside voice. Some kind of dispassionate approach as opposed to the quartet of voices running the team who were all related. And when he left, thatís when I first thought, this team is in big trouble. And I think, over the time that Billy Burke has been coaching the team, my fears have been not only justified, but realized.
So, now what? We are in the middle of a completely lost and meaningless season. And normally, given the good job that Joey Burke has done as the GM with re-stocking what was an empty prospect cupboard, that would be OK. But I think weíve seen enough evidence to be able to conclude that not only does Billy Burke not have any flipping clue what heís doing, itís not going to matter what draft picks the Dogs have this Spring, this team is not going to get any better as long as Billyís coaching it.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post: