View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 03:41 PM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I agree with you but, what really irks me is the way they play the game right now. There are two ways to lose a game and unfortunately they are choosing the worst way. Instead of working their tails off and playing the game the right way.

We agree that our remaining players are former 3rd and 4th line players and we should include the healthy scratched players too.

They are now being asked to play at the 1st and 2nd line level, which they are not capable of doing.
Still should play the game the right way.
That is what pisses me off about this team right now.. The lack of effort and caring by most of the players...
I agree whole heartedly RSJ. Billy even alluded to it in his post gamer that they are waiting for the other team to go get the loose puck. That drives me insane. I just want to see an honest effort from the team. I am well aware that this is a young and inexperienced team but I want to see back checking by the forwards and pressure on the puck carrier. How many times have other teams walked right through our stick swinging defensive system to get a quality chance on net? Last game it looked like Owen Sound was on a game long power play. They cycled the puck around in the Niagara end for LONG periods of time. They even made line / player changes while still maintaining control of the puck. There was an obvious lack of pressure from the Dogs to get in lanes and take away the scoring chances. This team doesn't have the offensive fire power to run and gun with anybody now. They should focus a lot more on trying to limit shots and quality scoring chances against. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any defensive system from the coaches to accomplish this.

If they aren't playing the game the right way now, they probably won't play it the right way in 2 or 3 years either. Bad habits are hard to break. Need to nip them early and get them playing a simple system that once perfected they can expand upon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to g_squad For This Useful Post: