View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 08:16 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,580 Times in 1,815 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

DRAFT DAY NOTES: Fantilli Bros

Twitterverse…

@overtheboards D Luca Fantilli ( @KUAWildcats ) commits to Michigan (2021-2022). Late ‘02 is a nice get, strong skating puck-mover with (38 pts – 13 goals in 30 games) for one of the top prep teams.
Luca’s brother Adam (late ‘04) is the top uncommitted prospect in the country, an elite talent at forward out of Ontario who won’t be eligible to commit until August. Potential first overall pick in this spring’s OHL draft.

Depending on what he decides, Fantilli is undoubtedly the best prospect in Ontario and is already being talked about as a top pick in the 2023 NHL draft. Fantilli is one of those difference-making players who doesn’t seem to have any flaws. He’s already 6-foot-2 and 182 pounds, has extraordinary offensive skills, shoots the puck a ton and plays an impressive physical game. But he’s also a 15 year-old kid who misses his big brother and that’s why he went to play for a team that’s an eight-hour drive from his Toronto home. The father said it became evident how close the two brothers are. “I think we underestimated the impact his brother leaving would have on Adam.”

@TPEHockey Feb 20 Adam Fantilli has dominated Prep School hockey with Kimball Union. At 15 y/o he’s put up: 25GP 18G 18A 36PTS for 1.45 PPG. Last year, Kimball Union had Tomas Mazura who was drafted in the 6th RD by the #Oilers after scoring 1.46 PPG at 18 y/o. Ya he’s good. Top 3 for the #2023NHLDraft

@TPEHockey Feb 20 Before you ask where he’s playing next year, IDK. He moved to Kimball Union to play with his brother who is a U Michigan commit. He has said his dream is to play in the NCAA. BUT he’s uncommitted…

@TPEHockey Feb 20 I’m not saying that him going to the USHL would be a bad idea. Just that he’d be too good for that league come his 17 y/o season. I’d love to see him play at UMich in his DY

@TPEHockey Feb 20 Shane Wright is better than Fantilli, but not by a lot.

@TPEHockey Feb 20 Look at what Shane Wright is doing to the OHL in his 15 year old year. By the time he’s in his draft year he’ll be far too good for that league. Fantilli isn’t Shane Wright, but there isn’t a massive difference.

Replying to @TPEHockey Feb 20 His brother, Luca, is currently a prospect of the (Chicago) Steel, and we know how strong the relationship between the two is. Not saying it would happen, but since the USHL allows for a smoother transition to the NCAA. I was wondering if Adam might go down the USHL route?

IceDog fans find out on April 11th.