View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 02:17 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,365 Times in 967 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

Aaron Haydon, thanks for the five years, perhaps a bit of a disappointing OHL first round pick, in that he didn't turn out to be a future NHL superstar, BUT, he turned out to be a pretty decent OHL first round pick, in that he played five years in the league and was for the most part a very solid player from year 2 on. I have an appreciation for guys who play physical and defense oriented, as they don't get the glory. However, I will remember last night, it reminded me of that one playoffs game in the Jack where an Icedog (forget who now) smoked a 67's player with a hit right in front of the Dogs bench, then proceeded to pummel said player in a fight, and that player ended up breaking his leg in the fight. The Jack was ear-splitting loud after that. Same as last night. Very clean check on the Petes' player. A thunderous check. Haydon was immediately challenged and did not disappoint, with the knockout punch delivered. Once again, the arena was rocking, Haydon was amped as he went to the sin bin, and I thought, geez, this could be a game turning point. But it was for not. Haydon looked awkward last night a few times on D, but, overall, he always delivered big effort, and I wish him all the best in the future.
Matt Corrente
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post: