View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 07:57 AM

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,872 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I don’t know, but if you’re expecting something in return it’s not really a “donation” is it?
Depends on if the something you are expecting has any real value. Personally, I think the municipal address for the Meridian Centre belongs on McGuire Street (wasn't it 35 McGuire at some point). The semi-circular "road" is nothing more than a driveway and naming it belongs in the "who cares" file. If someone wanted to give me a million dollars to name my driveway, I would promise perpetuity and happily run away with their cash. The City got greedy, hopeful that in another 20 years they could squeeze out another million dollars from somebody to rename the driveway. Seems to me the Burkes have a history of trying to uphold the deal they bargained for, not the one the other party wanted