View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 12:02 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,406 Times in 994 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
And your thoughts on this move Fish........ please..
IMHO, Junior shouldn't have been handed an assistant coach job to begin with. He had zero experience in coaching. But was handed a job behind an OHL bench because his parents own the club. He didn't spend any time behind a bench at any level but was handed a pretty good gig in the OHL.

Having said that, I now believe he has paid his dues. He has 8 years behind an OHL bench. That's more experience than a lot of other guys that get promoted. He knows the staff, scouts, players, etc. I'm willing to let him take the reigns and see what he can do.

I have the same questions everyone else has.... If he shows he's not a good head coach, has poor results, or isn't ready, will he be held accountable by his parents or by his brother? Will it take some time for him to prove himself and will it hurt recruiting until he does?

I wish him the best, I hope he turns out to be a great coach that leads this team to the promised land.

Go Dogs!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post: